AT&T To Roll Out HSPA+ 14.4Mbps Broadband Network In 2010

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T To Roll Out HSPA+ 14.4Mbps Broadband Network In 2010

In May last year, AT&T announced plans to upgrade their network to the HSPA 7.2 3G technology that would bring faster 3G broadband speeds to the subscribers. By January of this year, the company had completed all the necessary software upgrades across the 3G cell sites offering an indication that...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

I'd actually like to make a call without it dropping...maybe they can roll that out first?

• Jusco
    Jusco Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

have been on AT&T for 6 years and have had my iphone for a year and a half and never had a problem have yet to drop a call.

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

So sprint has the best network huh. There already have 4g rolled out in many places and more to come. AT&T LTE by the first half of 2011. Verizon by the end of the year. Sounds like sprint is ahead So evo is on the now network. 4g!

• jkl
    jkl Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

In response to Asdf's comment about Sprint being the best network... check Sprint's coverage map and prepare to be disappointed!

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

14Mb's yeah right , who's gonna believe that ? . not even 4G is that fast, sounds to me like a desperate move of those at&t's bastards trying to retain costumes from leaving the company, Sprint and Verizon are about to kick their ass with their 4G network so the last resource they have is what they always do, lies

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Well AT&T doesn't cover as much as they claim, I travel all over the US and I'm on someone elses towers more than half the time, and I only get dropped calls when Im on the AT&T towers. I hope that this solves the spotty areas that they present as red on their coverage maps.

I'm pretty sure that this upgrade has everything to do with the comming video conferencing. It might end up being like the mms that we had to wait half a year to use

• suckitbitch
    suckitbitch Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

jorge and jose are both idiots

• RIP DIO
    RIP DIO Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

RIP DIO you will be missed...

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Lots of reasons for dropped calls, and maybe it has lot to do with AT&T. I've two other phones that both use AT&T's network were I live. Both of these phones do just fine, can't remember the last time i drop a call (even with just one bar). With the iPhone I'm lucky to get a signal in most places. I can see the signal strength change just by rotating my phone or moving a couple feet (which does not happen with either of the other phones). So I still think some blame should be dropped on Apple's shoulders. The iPhone should have had four or mores antennas (a horizontal and vertical antenna at both the top and bottom of the phone).

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
  • Armanius
    Armanius Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

kind of agree with you, i think there is a problem with iPhone getting better signal...

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Where are u located? Cause in the Tri-State area we get drop calls like crazy.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Ok, comming from someone that has nothing important to say. Lol get a clue fag!

I've seen motorola razors out perform my iphone 3gs as far as signal goes. But it might have something to do with the Internet, I mean I'm just guessing here but do you guys think that it's possible that the iPhone has these problems because it is constantly trying to find edge or 3g? ;P who knows but hopefully it's something simple like that lol

• Urseppuku
    Urseppuku Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

And about the razors antenna it was the biggest and best on the market and is still twice as strong as an iPhones. And ppl are right to say it's the iPhone over the network I've never had a dropped call with my iPhone however in the 2.5 years I've had one

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I am just outside the D.C. area and have an iPhone for 2 years. I drop about 20% of my calls. Then there's another 20% I loose before making a call because there is no signal. This happens when I'm moving in my car or walking around a store or parking lot.

I should be able to pay 60% of my bill! I'll settle for a 10% discount every month. AT&T, Lets talk about it... but don't call my cell #. Call my home number.