Apple Patent Reveals Temporary Location-Specific iPhone Apps

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Patent Reveals Temporary Location-Specific iPhone Apps

Imagine entering a restaurant to be immediately greeted with an iPhone app of the restaurant that lets you check out the wait time or place an order from their menu. A new patent application filed by Apple seeks to do exactly this. In the application titled "Location Specific Content", Apple...

Read the full story here

Comments

• james@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

1st bitches!!! Ya'll get sloppy seconds! I just took this threads virginity! YEAAAAAAAH!

(sorry i just had to since it seems to be the norm on this website for whatever reason to be so special posting 1st) *rolls eyes*

Anyways, I think it's cool that Apple innovates great ideas like this. This would be a wonderful feature if alot of restaurants etc. take part in this. Now as far as the small "Mom and Pops" restaurants, dunno if this is something that they would implement. I hope places like The boiling crab get this... their wait time is rediculous and it seems like reservations don't mean $hit because the restaurant is packed all the time.

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

why you gotta follow the norm, f*ckin poser!

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Is this a **** site now? with all the swearing and cursing. Well **** you Apple.You caused all these. You do all these to take control of our lives and to tell us how to use my phone. And your prices, uhmm very fucking expensive. **** you again APPLE.

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

wow very stupid, think of the ways people can poison this; advertising as soon as you enter a store.
    Better have good security, does the user have any control over this, like if your walking down the street, can each store then send you the app and clog up your phone?
    I assume this would have something to do with bluetooth or wifi, what about data theft, interception, if you use your credit card details .... good intentions usually have bad consequences.

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

the main thing that interests me is not the home screen but the top near the speaker and the bottom near the button, these placeholders seem to indicate future developments? one looks like a camera, the other a light?

• iphone developer
    iphone developer Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

what was the app that used to do that in the beginning of the iphone days?.I remember some app popping up when you got to a certain spot/store.