Wi-Fi Sync iPhone App Released On Cydia After Apple Rejected It Due To "Security Concerns"

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWi-Fi Sync iPhone App Released On Cydia After Apple Rejected It Due To "Security Concerns"

We had written about the Wi-Fi Sync iPhone app last month. This was a nifty application developed by a student at the University of Birmingham that let iPhone users wirelessly sync their iPhones or iPod Touch with iTunes. Engadget has now reported that the iPhone app has been rejected by...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

the next few months what the hell i was expecting next few days geesh by then OS4.0 will be out with the new iphone and apple might sneak in wifi syncing on its own then all those people who spent there 10 bucks will be pissed

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

Wi-Fi Sync launch is ok but the main thing is the big big wait for unlock of OS 3.1.3..........any expected date. I am still waiting for it.

• JustLooking
    JustLooking Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

To bad it wasn't approved. But nevertheless it's not worth $10.00. App store or not.

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Not worth the ten dollars i'll just plug my phone in... Probaly faster sync time if I do also. And I'm also sitting next to the computer already might as well

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Stop harping on about a 3.1.3 unlock, you've got a jailbreak now so be grateful.

• RBD2
    RBD2 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I would bet that at 99¢ - $1.99 they would have made WAY more money with people buying it just to try it.

• IlDenteSD
    IlDenteSD Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I saw a couple forum posts from the dev. He threatened potential destruction of iTunes.db for anyone using a try before you buy version. Don't give the man money.

• luigy
    luigy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

pease of **** program for 9.00 buck, crazy. great app for 5 bucks. imaging that you can sync you device without sync screen yous sink wireless without the sync lock screen on the iphone. use the phone and sync at the same time. that will be a great app

• ewj
    ewj Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

How much is SJ paying you?

I am willing to bet it will not be either free or in OS4. I am willing to bet a 16gb ipad - so what are you willing to put up.

• UnlockLover
    UnlockLover Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The UNLOCK of baseband 5.12.01 more important than sync over wi-fi. I'm with you Anshul, among the millions of others on T-mobile.

• Wtf
    Wtf Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Huh??? WTF are you talking about??? Are you on drugs???

• shinken1
    shinken1 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

While $10 is steep for an app IMO ( although I bought beejive im for a proper im ) I might consider it for a local dev.

BUT I'm gonna look at these forum post I heard about where he's threating people to buy the full version to determine his worthiness.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I am sick and tired of these whiny people wasting comment space being shitty about the 3.1.3 unlock.
    The dev team spend a great deal THEIR time and effort to develop these tools for nothing.
    Why don't you idiots support ($) instead of wasting space here showing your childish behavior.

• Anshul
    via Wordpress

thax dude,,,supporting me may be ZeppelinLed not using 3.1.3 version that's why he is not worrid ...

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Actually i unlocked to GO to T-mobile :)

• Arrancan
    Arrancan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

10 bucks! What a joke! You would make more money at1.99. I sure as hell won't pay 10

• The Man
    The Man Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have managed to unlock os 3.1.3 on my Iphone 3gs

• josiebuck@telus.net
    via Wordpress

$10.00 to sync with itunes. How far would you have to be from your computer to sync. how would you know is your apps and music did sync on itunes. it therse a list. oh for 10.00 I would rather sync with usb cable and watch to make sure that my items did sync..

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

$0.99c-$1.99 for stupid apps (parody and fart and stuff like that)
    $1.99-$3.99 for utilities (such as this one and other tools not generally used)
    $3.99-5.99 for application (such as business tools, or applications for every day use)
    $6.99-$8.99 software (office suites or bunched tools)
    $9.99+ (expensive area specific software for such things as law or finance)

Games $0.99-$3.99 (depending on graphics and length of the game, and complexity)

this is the general pricing i think people should follow

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

this app would go under utilities, as it does not have a large feature set, so between $1.99 and $2.99 would the the appropriate cost.

• Anshul
    via Wordpress

Dude howz it... ??? u can mail me the procedure if you really unlocked it !!

id - anshulkakkar@yahoo.co.in

• Anshul
    via Wordpress

dude by this statement of yours I got to know that you doesn't have the full knowledge of using iphone ......the procedure you are telling me I have already gone through from 2 weaks ago SPIRIT is not a CARRIER UNLOCK IT'S just a Jailbreak >>>>???? no one in the world has unlocked 3.1.3 by software it can only be possible through hardware .

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

BUYER BEWARE - Do NOT expect ANY support from Greg Hughes if you encounter any problems with his Wi-Fi Sync software. I purchased the Windows version of Greg’s Wi-Fi Sync software and attempted to install on several PC’s with the same results “application failed to start”. I submitted a friendly trouble ticket on Greg’s support site over a month ago and Greg has made NO attempt to respond. A second trouble ticket also went unanswered as did a request for a refund. PayPal will only assist if the software was purchased via EBay, not Cydia. Jay Freeman of Cydia also didn’t respond to my email requesting assistance. BUYER BEWARE!