iPhone Tips & Tricks: Stream audio from your iPhone to bluetooth headset

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: Stream audio from your iPhone to bluetooth headset

If you are one of those who was disappointed not to see Bluetooth's A2DP profile in the iPhone feature list then here is some good news for you as there is a workaround. Thanks to a tip from one of TUAW's reader, you should be able to stream audio from...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

Now this is truly a problem solver for me. No more cables! Cant count the times ive had the earbud yanked out trying to drive. Great tip. Hats off to Earl

• yoyoyo
    yoyoyo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The audio fidelity is not as close as the headphones. Probably good for audio books only and not music.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

I agree with yoyoyo as far as the audio fidelity, btw I'm using a Motorola HT820. Great tip nonetheless.

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
  • aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

My car has bluetooth and I can use my iPhone to make or get calls. I can select the car (audi a8) from the audio list as described in this article, but I still can't listen to music through the car's speakers. Does anyone have any workaround for that?

Thanks.

• patty
    patty Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the comment about not being able to listen to music through your car speakers, if you dont have an AUX port than you cant I have a BMW and that has ipod compatibilities

• Dan Keller
    Dan Keller Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I use the Apple Blue tooth and it worked. Wish it would shut off the speakers though. ;(

• Overseas Caller
    Overseas Caller Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This solution does not work with jailbroken iphones using services other than AT&T because visual voicemail works only on the AT&T network. Regardless, it would make much more sense to have this feature - music on bluetooth - incorporated into the normal settings option the iphone.

• pauldy
    pauldy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Great tip, the problem with the audio is that it isn't a2dp it uses the headset profile. What the iphone needs is support for both profiles. If they support a2dp you will be able to get audio out of the device that is much closer to the headphones quality. Leopard finally has support for the a2dp profile so maybe we will see it on the iPhone soon.

• Cookieberry
    Cookieberry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I love it, like the others the speakers on the phone should be shut off.

• risingmoonfart
    risingmoonfart Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This also works and you can control the songs instead of losing audio and switching back and forth and no it doesnt use your minutes the only bad thing is you have to reset your phone to get proper phone funtion back:

1. Pair your headset, make a test call to see if it works. End the call normally. or go to voicemail to check if your paired.
    2. Dial *#307#, press call.
    3. Press the answer button twice with 2 seconds delay in your bluetooth headset (If you don\\\'t do this correctly, you will continue to listen the ringtone in headset)
    4. Press answer on iPhone.
    5. Press the home button, do NOT end the call.
    6. Open iPod and play a song, YOU WONT HEAR SOUND!!! from iPhone, nor headset.
    7. Once it is playing, press the home button.
    8. Open phone.
    9. Dial 0, press Call.
    10. It will ring again, answer.
    11. Press audio source, select your headset.
    12. Press home button, do NOT end call. (we\\\'re almost there)
    13. Open iPod and play anything you like.

Shorter Way:

1. *#307# Dial, press the bluetooth headset button twice.
    2. Answer on iPhone, press source.
    3. Select bluetooth headset.
    4. Press home button, open iPod, play anything.

• risingmoonfart
    risingmoonfart Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Forgot to say that this works i tested it on my 8gig Iphone 1.1.4 i found this tutorial on some bluetooth chat site.

• PropfSaint
    PropfSaint Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well, this hack works if you leave the iPhone in the Visual Voicemail mode. But on my Motorola T505, when you exit Visual Voicemail - like to change playlists - it stops playing your tunes through the car speakers. And of course, the built-in speakers continue to play the audio regardless of what mode you are in. I haven't tried it yet but I guess if you plug in the headphones or a headphone adapter into the iPhone it should stop speaker playback.

• Shaikat
    Shaikat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks alot bro ! Hats off to the people who have came up with this hack ! I could not appreciate it more. I was so frustrated at 1st cuz it wouldnt just pair to listen to music. But using hack it really helps. Thanks alot.

• drakermom
    drakermom Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this option seems to have gone away with the 2.0 update. Anyone else had the same problem>

• bn2wild
    bn2wild Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I find that the selection available of playing voice mail only shows SPEAKER. Doesn't allow other paired Bluetooth devices to work, except after using DIALING pad, then source selection shows other Bluetooth devices available to choose from.

Am I the only one with this problem? It is a standard non-cracked phone 2.0

• TC Baker
    TC Baker Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thanks but it does not work with Motorola S9 headset. I managed to get the phone to route audio to the S9, which is a stereo headset. On a phone call, only the left side ear insert produces any sound. Switching over to ipod shuts off the S9 completely. I have the 2.0.2 update, don't know whether it may have worked prior or not.

• TC Baker
    TC Baker Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I bought an iCombi bluetooth adapter to try to make the S9 work and initially it would not until I just discovered the post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=552368
    That solved it! Got stereo playing through the Motorola S9 from iPhone 3G. Many thanks to shenaniganz08.

• Dinesh Kondhalkar
    via Wordpress

It works fine but when the phone gets auto locked the audio does not work seamlesly. There are interruptions and long gaps in the audio. After you activate the phone again it works fine.

• audio bluetooth receiver
    via Wordpress
    Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told used to be a amusement account it. Glance complicated to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we keep in touch?
  • AM
    AM Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    another way of doing this, by converting the music from stereo to mono: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16542159#16542159