Verizon Working On Android-Powered iPad Killer

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon Working On Android-Powered iPad Killer

Verizon is reported to be working on an Android powered tablet device that shall take on Apple's iPad. An announcement in this regard was made by Verizon Wireless CEO, Lowell McAdam in a recent conversation with the Wall Street Journal. In his interview, McAdam said: "What do we think the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Isn't it sad everyone has to make a product and dub it either the iPhone killer, or iPad killer? Their not innovative enough to come up with the product first so they are all caught running behind.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Monkey see, monkey do.

• ohjayp
    ohjayp Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Tom said it, every month theres a new killer and apple still seems to be #1, beside haven't they already proved the android os cant kill anything. so why make a ipad killer thats already a fail before launch. Companies need to just accept it and move on to new thing instead of trying to top whats already proven to be a hit.

• Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I agree. Apple will come out with a great product, then many will come out with something similar with better features and brag about how much better it is. Why don't these companies come up with this type of technology first. Why do they have to wait for Apple to do it first?

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I agree.. I hate how everyone takes an Apple product and "remakes" it and than dubs it the iPhone, iPad, iPod killer.. it makes no sense.. I mean sure maybe they have a better processor or better screen resolution or something that makes it better in specifications.. but when it comes down to it, non of them really are.

You want to make an iPad killer? Well come up with something that isn't the same as the iPad. Hell.. maybe just create a cheap touchscreen laptop that runs a full OS of Windows, Linux, or OS X. Than we will talk.

Until than.. keep copying products and failing! ./

• hellokitten
    hellokitten Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I've heard a lot of people saying "Who would buy an iPad? What would you use an iPad for? I'm not buying that? I love my netbook etc etc etc".

I think one million iPads already sold speaks for itself regardless of the bad comments or dislike for it. It's amazing that other companies are developing their own version of iPads or touch-based tablets. Which for me means they are not listening to the negative comments. And it makes it funnier when some people label it as iPad Killer. They've said that years ago when iPod and iPhone was released. Nothing killed the iPod and iPhone as yet because it continues to sell very well.

Copycats just don't get it. It's the whole User Experience and User Interface that is top-notch. Throw in great and thoughtful design then you have a great product. Copycats don't innovate that's why they will never catch up.

Thank you all.

• apple sucks
    apple sucks Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

i think youre all eye cady lovers! apple sucks, and i must admit that they are good but it seems other companies are catching up and soon to surpass apple in every way!!

• aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

iPad isn't anything revolutionary, its been done before, just now its been done better.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

It seems like Verizon is playing catch up and wants to copy everything apple does. The funny thing is that their commercials are poking fun at the iphone and apple but yet want to copy them!lol

• Asset Management Melbourne
    via Wordpress

iPad has really good start this time Apple gives Google trouble again. However, Android is growing up, I give it a lot of hope

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

agree, y don't they beat Apple in launching something that will make them a big player, instead of had to wait for apple to do it first, from I can see is they jealous apple.

• luigy
    luigy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT, BIG IPOD TOUCH

WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• You Suck
    You Suck Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If Apple sucks than why are you on an iPhone web site? Are you retarded or something?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Not only that...but verizon is now challenging apple directly but is still begging to carry the iPhone!!!

• apple sucks
    apple sucks Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

You suck- i said apple sucks in general as in there restrictions on all there products.As for the "IPad KILLER" or "iphone killer" people give it those names.I didnt say **** about any of their products like the iphone. I have an ipod touch so that why i visit this site, clearly youre the retard.

• verizon is full of retards
    via Wordpress

I agree man. why challenge when ur begging for their products? tht just makes apple dislike verizon more and more and ruins their chances of having apple's products

• Ipad review
    Ipad review Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ipad is the best..thats all i can say!
    Regards iPad Review