CDMA iPhone To Be Manufactured By Pegatron?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCDMA iPhone To Be Manufactured By Pegatron?

A new report published on the Taiwanese website DigiTimes claims that Apple has contracted Pegatron Technology, the manufacturing arm of Asustek, to manufacture a CDMA version of the next generation iPhone. This is an interesting as we had reported yesterday that Verizon could be working with an ad agency for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• marouen19@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

already struggling to unlock my sim iphone, sounds stupid to move to a CDMA one!!!

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Won't happen.
    At least not this year.

Just coming from the same people who were sure Apple was going to announce the Verizon iPhone during the [iPad] event months ago.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Well Of course it won't happen this year. Apple extended their contract with AT&T until the end of the year.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

My wife and I have been tempted to switch to Verizon when it makes sense to (contracts), based on the fact that in our area AT&T coverage SUCKS and Verizon is everywhere. I wouldn't do it for the CDMA iPhone though. If we did switch, it would be for one of the Android models ;)

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

The so-called CDMA order was for the China Unicom version of the new iPhone...and it's TD-CDMA - meaning non US flavored. Get over it. Apple has been the company to kill the floppy, Flash, and even the optical drive in some of its devices due to all of them being "old Technology". What makes you think they will adopt a dying telecom technology (US CDMA) when everyone is going to LTE.

And another thing, Apple has never been about market share. They are about profit...plain and simple. They are about a premium product at a premium price. That's why their laptops/desktops are never discounted and much higher in price than PCs. If they wanted market share, they would lower their laptops, desktops, and iPods to competitor prices and they would instantly have a majority market share position. But then their products would not be distinguished as a premium brand anymore. It's kind of like designer clothing - for all the non business folks in the house wishing for a Verizon iPhone. You'll get one...but that will be in 2011-2012 depending on Verizon widespread rollout of LTE.

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

MyGod What the hell os CDMA?! Have I missed a line?