Next Gen iPhone Prototype: 1GHz Apple A4 Processor, 256MB RAM Confirmed

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Gen iPhone Prototype: 1GHz Apple A4 Processor, 256MB RAM Confirmed

The teardown of the second next generation iPhone prototype discovered in Vietnam had revealed the possibility of iPad’s A4 chip in the fourth generation iPhone. Folks at iFixit have just sent us an email to confirm that the processor revealed in the photos of the next generation iPhone is Apple’s...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Cjah
    Cjah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HTC EVO 199.99 2 year contract, June,4, 2010.

• guess
    guess Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hopefully an unlock will be available soon after release. Can't wait for Steve Jobs' official announcement. I like his Keynote's, I'm geeky like that.

• putters
    putters Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

That means better games that my ipod touch 3rd gen will struggle with...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This makes me mad!!! Plus it looks ugly and would be weird to handle

• Mr Pato Loco 3
    Mr Pato Loco 3 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Very intresting , well I guess I'll put in my wish list.

• Radjin
    Radjin Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I hope someone paid Cjah for his HTC ad...

Personally I like the flat sides and if it has a more solid feel that will be good too. I am more concerned with better resolution, more memory and better signal reception.

• Philip
    Philip Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

micro sim will prevent using a sim from another carrier

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Sounds kind of sketchy as far as design goes. Compared to the 3gs it's ugly as hell, in definately going with the evo 4g too bad tho, I expected much more from apple, lol not really ;P

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
  • nipponj
    nipponj Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i couldnt agree more..its really fugly ..the 3g and 3gs are way sexier than this flat bed truck

• Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

who wants a brick in their pocket that thing is HUGE and HEAVY!

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

seems like apple wouldve increased the ram...nexus one specs are still a little better i think.

• Yeppon Lawyers
    Yeppon Lawyers Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Lol you are so mean Joey...for a guy is fine....

• jj thomas
    jj thomas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

a year ago everyone on the comment pages were all for apple and thier iphone. as you see now, alot of people are wanting to leave when thier contracts expire.. why is that? FREEDOM!!!
    android os lets you do whatever you want with the phone. thats how its supposed to be, its YOURS not APPLES!!

my contracts done in two months im out.

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

ANOTHER failure by Apple. Can't wait to get rid of this iPhone piece of trash that I have and get a real phone, on a real carrier...Evo 4g on Sprint, HERE I COME:)

• iPhonista
    iPhonista Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Much better news is that Intel joined the PDA and smartphone war with creating a 1.5GHz mobile cpu/gpu.
    The future Nokia high-end smartphones will get the Intel cpu.

The next gen. Nexus One will have a 1.2GHz or 1.3GHz Snapdragon cpu and is expected to launch in september 2010.

Game on!

• Ty Miles
    Ty Miles Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Doesn't need more RAM. If you have used the iPad you would see that with 256 MB of RAM and the A4 it makes the Nexus one look like its moving in slow motion. The new iPhone will have an even faster A4 so it will smoke.

Also the new iPhone is flat on the back just like the EVO and the Nexus One but looks and from what they say feels better. I hate the rounded plastic back on the 3G and 3Gs! Sucks.

And yeah with the Android phones I have choice, the choice to be stuck on an old version of the OS forever and ever. LOL!

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

why does noone just jump to dual core. honestly, how hard could it be? 2GHz dual anyone?

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

a few people not liking it will not prevent the next iphone from selling 10s of millions of phones and it will be glorious as all apple next gen phones are so i look forward to actually having it in my hands

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Come on iPhone OS is getting alittle to old. Nothing new. I feel HTC and andorid have something very appealing and futuristic. From leap to how you mutitask to how the weather and time shows, everything seems to run smooth and looks great. I think it's time to change, everyone else that don't do good with change will stay with apple. They love being told what they could see Or do on there phones, As for me I'm over that move over apple there's a beast in town and that's the HTC EVO!

• Urseepuku
    Urseepuku Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok seriously? Your gonna leave your iPhone for android OS which yes looks nicer but is slower and has barely any app development? There is just too much support for the iPhone in all areas, so leaving it would be a mistake. With the iPhone HD I see this as saying look android now everything you once did by your self I do better smoother and more user friendly.

• Ripped off
    Ripped off Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Some people just want to get ripped off!
    A $99 monthly subscription fee just to use their (lame) 3G network, to get access to 4G network a additional $10 monthly fee and on top of that another $30 extra a month to get access to Mobile Hotspots for better reception!?? ......you must be very rich.

24 months contract x $140 = $ 3,360.-
    wowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    On top of that.....the 4G infrastructure is still being developed!!!

• xxfxsd
    xxfxsd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

are you kidding? you can virtually do anything with an android OS phone, you just dont know how ;]. my buddy can control every computer in my school with an android. i used to be able to do that with the iphone until they got all crazy about jailbreaking.

on top of that, the iphone OS is no where near as smooth as the android OS. the android os is much less buggy and it has been out for 1/3 of the time of apple.

like jj thomson said FREEDOM!!!!

apple better step up their damn game soon

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

pre ordered my evo 4g from best buy this morning, 199 and no hassle with a rebate unlike if u buy from sprint (299 w/ 100 rebate)

june 4 and bye bye at&t and apple, im sure the day will come when they have a phone with every feature i want, but unfortunately it wont be with iphone hd. and stop calling it 4g, its not gonna be 4g. apple does not leap to new stages in one jump. first will be hd and only after that will 4g phone come out, everyone should know their game by now.

• Asset Management Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Its not that ugly. We can use to it somehow someday

• blackmagik_01@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

4G only refers to 4th generation Iphone when you see it in an article. Coincidentally there are 4G networks, which refers to the technology to achieve faster data speeds. I used to wonder the same thing.

• putters
    putters Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
  • Mahd
    Mahd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Honestly am not buying any new iPhones. Will migrate to android or windows mobile.
    Apple still not taking in consideration business users seriously.
    No tasks sync with exchange yet. Exchange services still very week on iPhone. Cannot tag a Jung or mark an email as read without openning the email.

Bluetooth services on iPhone still suck. Am not interested in the hardware of new iPhone as much as the software (os).

One more thing is that I can easily buy a nexus from the next without going through the hassle of At&t. I will pay extra for the phone but at least have the right to hoosegow my operator without the unlock and jail break headache. I unlocked my iPhone only to use with other worldwide operators and now I have to wait for hackers to release new unlocks for evey upgraded version.

Apple for me is a bad invesment phone.
    Especially since competitors are getting better in touch screen phones.

Best to all.

Mahd.