Hack iPhone to show recorded audio in voicemail

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHack iPhone to show recorded audio in voicemail

I had reported only yesterday of how Erica Sadun at Tuaw, a iPhone hacking genius had delivered on a promise made by Steve Jobs of a voice recorder in the iPhone by releasing her own version of the iPhone voice recording utility. As you would expect she got a very...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

Still trying to figure out how to install the original working version. Anyone have detailed instructions on how to build the binary after download? i tried using WINSCP but nothing happens. Please help this voice recorder would be an awesome feature for me since I currently use a dictation machine to record daily information. I got $30 for anyone who can supply me with a detailed how to including the build, snowjibn@hotmail.com Thanks :-)

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

Never mind I just figured out how to install the original App. This is way to cool. Thanks Erica, you rock!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Kevin,

That's excellent, it would be great if you can share a detailed how to based on your experience for the benefit of the fellow readers.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

no problem but you do realize I was talking about the original install of VRecord and not the voicemail update right? If yes, i can post my detailed instructions on how i got it to work.

Still trying the new voicemail update but no luck so far.

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

no problem but you do realize I was talking about the original install of VRecord and not the voicemail update right? If yes, i can post my detailed instructions on how i got it to work.

Still trying the new voicemail update but no luck so far.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yeah I was referring to the original install, maybe it would be a good idea sharing it in the comment of the original post.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/08/voice-recorder.html

Thanks a ton.

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

Are you a programmer? probably a dumb question seeing what you have already accomplished with the iphone, I should assume you are a programmer. Nice work on both screenshot and voice record! Stevo needs to hire you so we can get things rolling with the iphone.

Anyways, do you have step by step yet for the voicerecord on voicemail hack? Or even a better idea of how to do it on Windows PC? i tried the normal install steps for apps and i came up with nothing. This port thing is new to me, what is the command to run it? thanks in advance. Do you have a paypal accoutn we can submit donations to?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

It would be a good idea to post your queries for this particular iPhone hack to Erica Sadun @ Tuaw.

The original post by Erica of the iPhone hacks is here:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/08/09/trick-your-iphone-voicemail-into-using-voice-recording-data/

Hope this helps.

• badr
    badr Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hello, none of the download links work , can you please check them and update.
    thank you