Verizon To Offer Simultaneous Voice And Data On CDMA iPhone?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon To Offer Simultaneous Voice And Data On CDMA iPhone?

As the rumored launch date for iPhone 4G draws closer, the talk of an end to AT&T's carrier exclusivity has been growing louder. Earlier this month, we had heard reports that Apple has contracted Pegatron Technology to ship close to 10 million CDMA iPhone handsets in 2010. Brushing aside concerns...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

i still think the iphone on Verizon is dumb there prices i bet are going to be out of control

• none
    none Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I will swithc to verizon. I like their network better. I had it for 4 years, and just switched to att for iphone.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I would go where signal quality and speeds are the best for the places I frequently visit and go to. So far, I'm satisfied with att despite the problems others are having. In comparison to friends on verizon, they've encountered more dead spots than I have. My own house being one place that verizon has no coverage.

• Ryan Grill
    Ryan Grill Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

I have a family plan with 4 lines, 2 are iPhones and I get a 20% corporate discount. It will be very hard to sway me from staying with at&t.

• xsvl
    xsvl Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

I live 2 hours from the Bay Area and have a constant pristine 3G connection pretty much anywhere I go in California.

I was just up in SF last weekend and my connection was terrible. I was actually embarrassed by how bad the connection was. Most of the time I would have seriously 0 bars or "Searching". Sometimes I would get a 3G connection but even then, it would default back to EDGE after a couple seconds. AT&T has always done decent in less dense areas, but i have to say, they really need to work on some areas.

I don't know how VZW holds up, but I'm sure they can't be THAT much better in SF. If they are, then hey, i guess we have a winner. Either way, I think Apple needs to stop this 1984 crap and let their users have choice. I hate to say it, but froyo looks mighty tasty if Apple doesn't blow me away come June 7.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I have a family plan with 5 lines... 3 iPhones. Price alone will not keep me on the AT&T plan. If my phone drops 20-30% of my calls then I am wasting 20-30% of my money each month. Not to mention the frustration when the calls are dropped in mid conversation. If I can get a similar price from Verizon then I'm gone in a heart beat. You know that Verizon is going to sweeten the deal somehow.

I am only with AT&T because I wanted the iPhone 3 years ago.

• T Payne
    T Payne Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Well, boot both FroYo and iPhone OS 4.0, Because Im firmly conviced that the next gen iPhone Hardware would be the cleanest and smoothest handset available to run either OS... and I am also centain that if FroYo is awesome, it will not be long before the linux on iphone project gets it ported to run on a New iPhone handset.

• Xin
    Xin Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

For those of you who think not being able to surf and talk at the same time. Imagine using your iphone to chat on msn,gchat or whatever, and having to disconnect every time someone calls and then having to reconnect after. IMO this is a pretty big issue.