Steve Jobs promises iPhone voice recorder, hacker delivers

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSteve Jobs promises iPhone voice recorder, hacker delivers

If you did not find the iPhone voice recorder which Steve Jobs had promised when he announced the iPhone in his Keynote address in January, don't worry as Erica Sadun from Tuaw has just developed the latest iPhone hack, the iPhone voice recorder. Even though the iPhone voice recording utility...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

So where are the steps to getting this on your phone. I don't understand.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Josh,

Apologies, I forgot the add the information available on the installation steps in the post.

Thanks for highlighting the issue, I have updated the post with information on installation of the utility based on the comments posted by Erica.

Thanks again.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• Eric K.
    Eric K. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey, i was just wondering if this is duable for windows, and if you have a step by step for Windows rathar than Mac? i know about Unix stuff like FTPing and Chmoding to make files executable, and stuff like that. Please get back to me, thanks

• lh
    lh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think this is more interesting than it might seem. A voice recorder is not that useful to me, but since we now have access to the speaker and microphone, as proven by the VRecord App, how much further are we from getting VOIP (ie Skype) on the iPhone?

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

LH-- looks like skype has been made available for the iPhone, at long last:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/08/iphone-pcnow.html#more

• Ethan Becker
    Ethan Becker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey there,
    After running Jailbreak for the first time, I've installed a new ringtone. Then, when I launch iTunes, it tells me the phone only has 300 Meg, and can't sync. Any ideas?

I'd love to install the audio record app. I got as far as, getting it into the Applications directory on the iPhone, but it does not show up for use. Help!
    Ethan-

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Many are clammoring about the update that Apple made to brick 3rd party applications for the Iphone owners everywhere who had hacked and installed 3rd party applications in their fones.However, to my elation I have researched most of the web for updates and read all sources and codes from different countries...you all are happy to be notified that within a week or 2, a new BREAK in the 1.1.1 Firmware and new softwares to unlock the Iphone with simpler application installer are being updated and made this very moment.And i am sure that the Dev Team is in their laboratory thinking of ways to have a reset to factory settings also so that this cat and mouse deal between Apple and the Hackers Worldwide will continue to flourish...unfortunately no detailed release yet has been made.only through my connections from hackers worldwide am I able to confirm that the projects of unlocking the Iphone easier despite new Firmware/Softwares from apple are in circulation.So just sit and wait and be patient.New improve applications and Unlocking tools for your iphone are on the way.So pass the word and update this site for future news and releases heard/seen/tried out there in the web...Much Luv and keep up the GREAT work!!let's make this the best Iphone for the masses. =)

• Aqeel Ashraf
    Aqeel Ashraf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, May be it is stupid, but as i am windows user i don't know how to install Voice Recorder through Window,
    Kindly guide me in this regard,
    Your support will be highly appricated
    Regards,

• Aqeel Ashraf
    Aqeel Ashraf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    Can any body guide me how to install this voice Recorder application from Windows and how to download and from where to download this software for windows,
    Regards

• anatv
    anatv Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi, i´m a windows user too and i can not download the app and no idea how to install it.. any help?, thanks

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

The download link is broken. Any mirror?

• Lido T
    Lido T Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi All

No one seems to be interested in answering the question aboou windows , if any one knows, plz guide us , the windows users.

Thanks

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

Its a mac running on a mac os WHY IN GODS NAME WOUL THERE BE A WINDOWS HACK YOU IDIOTS!

• Helen
    Helen Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

could anyone help me? the gofilego files doesn't seem to be working for me :/

• GG
    GG Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Broken download link! Please mirror.

• The GoFileGo link leads me to a stupid domain name operated server.

Please, PLEASE, use a mirror! I beg all the blogosphere & Erica creator of this app.

• The GoFileGo link leads me to a stupid domain name operated server.

Please, PLEASE, use a mirror! I beg all the blogosphere & Erica creator of this app.