AT&T Confirms iPhone 4G Launch In June

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Confirms iPhone 4G Launch In June

Boy Genius Report has just reported that AT&T has confirmed to its employees that the next generation iPhone will launch in June. We had reported back in April that AT&T had put a block on all employee vacations for the month of June, which had indicated that Apple will launch...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

THats in Like 2 Weeks, Im NerVous I waNt It Now...!
    hopefully the first ones dont start exploding ro heating up and melting

• El Barto
    El Barto Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

who's A&T? must be the new iPhone carrier.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Ready to expect the unexpected. Let's go apple!

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

I bet the iPhone 4G is an iPhone killer in itself! Now I'm just going to have to spend over $500 to get one since my 3GS is still under contract. Bleh!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks for highlighting the typo, it's corrected.

• killakev
    killakev Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Honestly I'm way too excited about the 4G. I've been saving my $ since I first heard about it. Considering I'll also probably have to pay full price since I'm still in contract. And they prob won't let anyone get away with early contract renewal discounts. Because they know people will pay the money. I know I will : )!! For real

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Actually, att has been pushing upgrade dates for a lot of their customers in anticipation of the release. You should login to your account and see if your available upgrade date has been bumped up.

• DaMan1007
    DaMan1007 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I am sooo readtly! I have been obsessed with the next iPhone HD ever since the releAse of 3GS. I always felt 3GS was some type of cop out because apple wasn't able to release "iPhone HD" in time... Can not wait! I look at every blogging website 4 times a day!!!

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Ahhh come on only 4 times. This site has me hooked like crack. Jokie-joke, not!

• Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Knowing that they release one every year, I'm ok with waiting out the contract and getting every other model.

• Darrell
    Darrell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

So explain...how could ATT have an iPhone 4G when they do not have a 4G network in place anywhere to run it on?

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

the only thing that can kill an iphone is a newer iphone

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

its the fourth iteration of the iphone, not as in 4g cell technology. just like the iphone 3g was the second gen iphone, and 3gs was 3rd (but they both used 3G tech), and the iphone original was actually 2.5G cell technology.
    its freaking confusing, i know.

• Kifa
    Kifa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Snap i purchased 3Gs and has 3 year warranty. could i be able to upgrade to 4G iphone?

• gary_toman_@msn.com
    via Wordpress

4g as in 4th generation, nothing to do with 4g network.

• apple hater
    apple hater Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

wow bravo ......iphone 4G. the sooner iphone 4G release, the quicker I can get a unlock tool for iphone 3Gs 3.1.3 05.12.01 ...... hahahahaha.. steve jobs ---> you are **** sucker

• Karlos
    Karlos Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

True! I saw last week that my upgrade eligibility was a full year earlier than it should have been, although I'll still have to wait an extra month or so after the release date.

• John
    via Wordpress

Hi! I currently work for AT&T, & I can assure you that is false! We have not had any vacations canceled in the month of June & we CERTAINLY have not been told that the new iphone comes out in June! We are left virtually in the dark until Jobs actually announces the new iPhone! Sorry but this story is wrong!

• Car Accident Claims
    via Wordpress

I may sell my old phone get a new one I think.

• Jobs Junior
    Jobs Junior Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi I currently work for Apple and i can assure you that the rumor is TRUE, you will not be able to take any vacations during the period between June and July, the light is at the end of the tunnel where the iphone 4g will spring to life, Jobs will make full anouncment in June...Sorry but you are wrong

Guest Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

I also work for at&t and we have NOT had had any blocks put on June or July vacations and we have only heard RUMORS of the iPhone 4D being released in June. We have NOT been told of any specific release date so please don't start calling in to customer care to find out. We don't have any information on it yet.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

4g isn't going to give you faster speeds it will be a bigger pipe with the same amount of water. Sprint and verizon have reached thier max speeds. With the 3g tech they use and will have to spend bilions of dollars to upgrade to 4g and verizon will offer from 5-12 mb that's what they say anyway. Good luck seeing those speeds. However Att and tmo use
    gsm 3g which has a top speed of 42 mb at this time however 3g handsets susch as the 3gs only offer up to 7.2 MBs at this point so Att won't upgrade to 4g anytime soon as they can match the speeds that
    will be offered by ver and sprint without the investment. So if the new iPhone has the new 3g chipset which it will it will be
    as good or better than 4g from other cariers. Keep in mint at this poin independent tests have shown Att as the fastest network.

• JUT
    JUT Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I still have my 2G (2nd Generation) iPhone and Love it. I have GPS in the CAR. I have WiFI at home. I really don't need this stuff in a hand held phone. So There was no real reason to pay for a new phone. My 2 year contract expired back in Feb. I'm not waiting for a new phone. There will always be a new iPhone. I'm waiting for a new CARRIER! I've had enough of dropped calls and no bars. I'll by the latest iPhone when it's with a new carrier.

• Komal
    Komal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Dave, you are a smart and "patient" man.

• John
    via Wordpress

then can you explain why I have a week long vacation booked for the 3rd week of June? This is absolutely ridiculous. The only person that knows when the next iPhone is coming out is Steve Jobs, & THAT'S IT!!! Don't go believing this tripe! This story is false!

• John
    via Wordpress

Thank you! Nice to know someone knows what is true & what is not!

• ali hasan shah
    ali hasan shah Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

when can i unlock my i phone 3gs 3.1.3 ?

• Yarr!
    Yarr! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

As long as I can jailbreak it I getting one. My 3g 8gb has more functionality than an ipad running 4.0 thanks to jailbreak apps.

• drey
    drey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

guest and john must be at the bottom of the att world. honestly only the bottom of the barrel people can take vacay and not have any details. sucks to make 10k a year huh?