Walmart Drops Price Of iPhone 3GS To $97 Ahead Of iPhone 4G Launch

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWalmart Drops Price Of iPhone 3GS To $97 Ahead Of iPhone 4G Launch

Walmart has announced a reduction in the price of iPhone 3GS starting today. It is offering a 16GB iPhone 3GS model for only $97 (instead of $197) with a two-year AT&T contract. The deal currently appears to be active only for in-store purchases. The announcement comes close on the heels...

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Even with a new iPhone, the 3gS is still an excellent phone. Under a hundred bucks is a great deal.

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Does anybody know if it has to be activated in the store or can it be taken home and activated?

• Cari
    Cari Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

In store activation and get there quick. We know of three Walmart Superstores in southern Nevada which have no 16gb 3GS iPhones left! The Communication Centers (as they call it) had no prior knowledge of this and at 9am when they opened, it was a little chaotic. We left with our two in black, the Mother/Daughter behind us got the last black and the guy behind them one of the white. That left just two white in stock.

• Armanius
    Armanius Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

this is not good lol i cant sell my iPhone for good price :(

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

i just drove half hour to my walmart after seeing this but unfortunatly you need to qualify for an upgrade.... i just figured i could get one and add 2 years (which im going to do next month when the 4.0 comes out) but they told me i had to qualify for upgrade to get that price.... shitty!

• vehicle accident lawyers
    via Wordpress

Oh my god that is cheap...

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

I have heard some say why buy now with the 4g coming out? Big reason, June 1st the new early termination fee starts and it doubles.
    So buy this iPhone and if in one year Verizon gets the iPhone you get out for $175. That puts your cost at $272 for the iPhone, most of which you can recap on eBay.

• Clepto
    Clepto Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I just called AT&T just to make sure I was eligible for the upgrade to the 4g (which I am eligible for). I also asked about the release date the lady said that she couldn't tell me but that all the employees in the call center have to be at work on the 10th. I'm soo excited.