Verizon: No Plans To Carry The iPhone In The Immediate Future

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon: No Plans To Carry The iPhone In The Immediate Future

We have seen several analysts and industry insiders talk in the past few weeks about the possibilities for Verizon to launch a CDMA iPhone later this year. According to some reports, Apple has already contracted Pegatron Technology to manufacture the CDMA iPhone handsets for release early next year. Rodman Renshaw...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nightedge
    Nightedge Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

lol pwn! that sucks for those who wanted to switch..

first! and i dont care!

• jeet
    jeet Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

i want to know wen Att is coming up with 4g network?..i also be interested in iphone 4g on sprint 4g .

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

I doubt Att would ever have a 4g network. Their 3g network is going to be faster with a 14.4mbps and Sprint and Verizons 4g will only be 3-5mpbs. Why the hell would they?

• eurosnob
    eurosnob Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

because even at present 4G or LTE as it is more commonly known can already achieve speeds of up to 1.2 Gb/sec....... which is a tiny bit more than the crappy few Mb at present from 3G networks

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

eurosnob
    Those are theoretical speeds that could be reached in the future. when LTE launches in the next 6 months or so on Verizon it should be at a theoretical max of about 40Mb/s or actually user achievable speeds of about 10-20 Mb/s.

To jdb, the 14.4 Mb/s that at&t may be launching the end of this year will only give about 3-5 Mb/s user achievable speeds, however, at&t stated that they may skip that upgrade and go straight to 28 Mb/s on their 3G, giving about 7-10 Mb/s user achievable. Also, at&t specifically said that they will begin launching their LTE network in the first half of 2011, so yes they will have a 4G network. 3G will never directly compete with 4G, it will be a fall back and complementary system the way 2G is to 3G now.