AT&T Kills Unlimited Data Plans For iPad; Replaces It With 2GB Plan

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Kills Unlimited Data Plans For iPad; Replaces It With 2GB Plan

AT&T has not only killed the unlimited data plans for smartphone users like the iPhone but they’ve also killed the unlimited data plans for iPad users. AT&T has announced that the $25 per month 2 GB plan will replace the existing $29.99 unlimited plan for new iPad customers. Currently iPad...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

well what the hell i can see the phones but the iPad hopefully verizon or someone else gets an iPad because this will suck for those 3G iPad buyers

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Wait a second wasn't there something about new iPhone contracts to? AT&T is getting outer hand like always.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

OK really wtf they sold us the ipad with the 3g unlimited as a hoax really...this is false advertising and looks like a bate and switch. jobs made a huge deal about att giving 2 amazing data plans for the ipad 3g. and not even two months latter its gone wow. **** you apple **** you ATT metro pcs here i come yall are huge fucking assholes....Lies on top of lies

• Nj
    Nj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

honestly it's not that big a deal. the 3g version comes with wifi, so most people, if they are smart, should use their home wifi while they are at home, or use it at their offices, etc and 3g while they travel etc. at&t have to watch their networks because they are so broad and so many consumers are using their data networks that it could cause overload. i think they are just being realistic. also, the whole tethering thing is how it works. if you tether ur phone to ur laptop and it's using your 3g data from ur phone then obviously u only have 2 gb of useage, anymore you get charged. it's been that way forever

• Nj
    Nj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

it wasnt a hoax, if you bought an ipad with unlimited 3g data usage then thats what u still have. you dont have to change ur plan. it's just that with the new iphone coming out networks are going to be overloaded so to prevent that from happening they have to change the data plans and so they found that people rarely used over 2gb, so they made a 2gb plan. who gives a ****. if you wanna **** about it then don't buy an ipad and dont buy anything apple for that matter.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

This is not good though, it sucks when you have a limit, I hope that it will only be an option, but with these companies options are just "get robbed or don't get the product" lol

but I might end up getting the evo 4g with sprints $69.99/ unlimited everything plan, hopefully it ends up being what I expect ;P

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

2gb is aLOT! I watch baseball games all day on my iphone and so far I'm at 1,598,260 KB with 7 days to go

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Well those who didn't get there ipads early are out of luck.. Like they say all good things come to an end

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

And all these pricing are just gonna affect verizon if they do get the iPhone a well I'm pretty sure they want to limit everything as well

• Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

So much for streaming Netflix or JustinTv, etc on the ipad 3G network. REALLY gonna hurt 3G Ipad sales in the US, not nearly as much reason to get 3G over wifi now.

And all those planning on getting one for some elderly loved one to be their primary computer for Internet & email, should re-think it.

An Android tablet (some arriving in July) would likely be the better choice for that kind of usage..

• busyinny
    busyinny Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Ok just asked in the other thread how to do this. Thanks, as I had checked in a 50 mile radius and could not find any in stock. Do you know if they do this readily, or do I need to be very nice to get it done?

• koppnijaksen
    koppnijaksen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Such a wonderful topic about this artilce AT&T Kills Unlimited Data Plans For iPad; Replaces It With 2GB Plan,i read this artilce and agree with this artilce.Thanks to talking us about this artilce.
    In this artilce have more information from this artilce i gain more information.

Cho Yung Tea Trial

• nikon d800
    nikon d800 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Fantastic web site. Lots of useful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks in your effort!