iPhone 4G Screen Will Be Running At A Higher Resolution Of 960x640

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4G Screen Will Be Running At A Higher Resolution Of 960x640

Folks at SuperPhone.cz, who are claiming to have received parts of the next generation iPhone have confirmed that Apple’s new iPhone screen will be running at a resolution of 960x640. They apparently figured it out by putting the screen of the next generation iPhone under a microscope. Engadget reports: The...

Read the full story here

Comments

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

first will it record hd video?

• killa b
    killa b Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i think a while back they said it would record in 720p

• ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

....and the battery life gets worse

• Art
    Art Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I think the resolution of my 3gs is super. As far as video, what I have is fine for youtube or whatever... if I want family vids, I'm not taking it on my phone. Same I won't be taking my daughter's grad pics on it..

• Sloop
    Sloop Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Yes I am happy with the resolution currently but that might be because I haven't seen any better. I do worry about the battery life diminishing but I'm sure they have also thought of that. Recording in 720p would be cool too, I just worry about the frame-rate. Awesome resolution can be ruined by horrible frame-rate. I hope they're not just doing increased resolution just for bragging rights...

• h1
    h1 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

While it sounds very cool, I think we will need a microscope as well to fully utilize the advantage of increased resolution, because screen itself won't be getting any bigger.

• Jimbo Jones
    Jimbo Jones Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

While the res atm is "ok" i always find on websites with smaller text i'm forced to zoom to make out what it says because of pixelisation which isnt hard word, but it is a touch annoying.. that wont be the case anymore huzzah!

Don't care about capturing video part but Good point Sloop about the frame rates of video/games etc. but if it has the ipad processor i believe? which runs higher res than this iphone (1024x768 i believe?), is a fair amount faster and it has faster/better built in 3d chip i believe? The overall performance should be enough to perform similarly or better at double the res I'd think but something to keep an eye on for sure.

• Thorgvin
    Thorgvin Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Fair enough for you - I find the iphone resolution lacking ... I have very good close focus (i.e. shortsighted) and it's annoying having to zoom webpages simply because the pixels on my phone screen are too low density. nb - my previous phone had a 320x120 2" screen and that was great, prior to that I've had 640x480 PDA's so the iphone 3gs was(is) really a letdown in that aspect.

• Thorgvin
    Thorgvin Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

If you're happy because you haven't seen any better ... maybe it's best for you to stay happy - shut your eyes now.

As per my previous comment, the iphone 3gs screen was a resolution downgrade for me and I *do* feel it. At first I thought 960x640 was a bit overkill when I heard - I'd just have liked a 800x480 screen about 4.5" like HTC Evo 4G - but I'm liking the idea of 960x640 ... it can and will enhance utility if it's implemented well.

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4g no where close to the new HTC MAX 4G GSM/WIFI/WIMAX

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4g no where close to the new HTC EVO 4G GSM/WIFI/WIMAX running android 2.x

• mars
    mars Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I'm currently using iPhone OS 4.0 beta 4 for 3GS and after grueling use it's safe to say I think apple has the answer to battery life this next gen. Trust me!!!

• Tebonin
    Tebonin Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

It should happened thousands years ago...