NBC, Time Warner Plan To Stick With Flash Instead Of iPhone, iPad-Friendly HTML5

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNBC, Time Warner Plan To Stick With Flash Instead Of iPhone, iPad-Friendly HTML5

The tussle between Apple and Adobe over the Flash multimedia platform may have reached the point of no return. The war of words between the two companies offers little to no chance for Apple to allow Flash on its platform in the near future. One of the biggest stakeholders in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

honestly, i can tell you that with flash for mac WITH H.264 HARDWARE ACCELERATION (in the new gala beta, only on 10.6.3, on certain mac laptops one of which i own), flash video decoding in hd on youtube is still MUCH slower than html5, which uses hardware decoding as well, though obviously a better implementation. flash can suck it. I want it to be open, and up to apple or whoever makes the hardware to make a low level hardware decoding API usable universally in html5 without even saying decode in hardware in the page source. it should just be part of a standard implementation.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

more html5 peeps we get the better seeing as steve doesnt want flash on apple products more or less. although i dont really miss having flash too much so not that big a deal to me at the moment

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

I'm waiting on the Nokia N8 before I commit myself, that comes with Flash as standard, and allegedly one of the best cam sensors yet on a mobile.
    Getting tired of Apple locking everything down, shall await the next couple of months to make a decision mind. Just my views :)

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

"It should just be part of a standard implementation" YES, exactly! you Flash haters are finally getting it! If not standard like it is on every other Mac or PC out there, at least make it optional on the iPhone/iPad for those who want it now and think it's stupid to wait for this HTML5 transition to take over, which it obviously isn't anytime soon!

• Eddie
    via Wordpress

I love these major media corporations coming out and supporting their own ideals. Obviously they feel that Flash is the standard and think Steve Jobs is just another retard with no concept of what the consumer really wants. I'm sure there are those who hate flash and will support anything Steve says, but come on, for those who can do without it, apparently these major Media Corps think otherwise and can do without HTML5. That says a lot.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

and tell me, don't you think that would just delay the HTML5 transition?
    I think so.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Check out this site. http://jimcarrey.com/ oh wait if you have ipad or iphone apple doesn't want you to view it. Nanny apple telling you what you can and can not see.

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Take that all of you mac lovers!!!!!!

• akri
    akri Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

now now children..has jobs failed at anything yet?? I think not!

• Eddie
    via Wordpress

Last I checked, these websites work just fine with Flash on my computer, so I'm not complaining!