AT&T Moves Up iPhone Upgrade Eligibility; New iPhone Launch Imminent

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Moves Up iPhone Upgrade Eligibility; New iPhone Launch Imminent

Several iPhone users have been noticing recent changes to the iPhone upgrade eligibility status on their AT&T account. MacRumors points out that iPhone users who were not eligible to purchase a new subsidized iPhone are now being offered the subsidized iPhone upgrade feature on their AT&T wireless account for a...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tyler 927
    Tyler 927 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Haha I just looked at this like 10 min before I read this! But this is really sweet cuz originally I thought I would have to wait till September to get rid of my 3G (that's when my contract is up) but $18 is well worth the money

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Last month when I checked this , I was listed as elgible for a discounted upgrade in November of this year for my 3GS which I got when they first became available last year, but I am now listed as eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr contract and $18 upgrade fee.

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Mine got bumped up late last night also which is a relief considering i paid 400 for my 3gs last year because they wouldn't bump it up last time.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

is this what it says if you aren't getting the new message:

"As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for a standard upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click 'Upgrade Eligibility' to view your upgrade options."

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

What does this mean for ATT customers who do not currently have an iphone but would like to upgrade to the new one (once announced)? Assuming you are only year into you current contract?? Any help is much appreciated!

• Aeww
    Aeww Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Tht dux for me, i just got my iphone 3gs on the 25th wit a new contract. Does that mean that i have to wait for my contract to be over to buy the new iphone or can i just go buy it ???

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Awesome man!So my upgrade eligibility has said 12/14/2010 for the past few months. Does this mean once ATT updates all their upgrade info, that I'll actually be elgiible on June 14?

• killa_b
    killa_b Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

so what does that $18 fee mean? u have to pay $200 for the iphone 4, plus $18??????

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Sell the 3gs online and go buy new iphone 4...

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

How is that even possible when the 3GS came out last year with 2 year agreement? I got mine august 1 last year, and my eligibility is not until april of 2011...

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I upgraded a 3G to a 3GS on 7/22/09 but paid AT&T double because my contract hadn't expired yet. Last time I checked, it said I was eligible on 12/25/10. Now I can't find the eligibility date anywhere. I got the same message "Key" got. I clicked "Upgrade Eligibility" and it took me to the phones page. I choose the iPhones and gave me a list of all the iPhones at really cheap prices. Wondering if this somehow means I qualify. I'm crossing my fingers.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

yeah i signed up sometime last July as well. sold my 3g unlocked on ebay for 400 and bought the 3gs for 420 after taxes. so now i'm basically a year into my 2-year contract, but i want this new phone.

• barrett
    barrett Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

The only logical reason AT&T would do something like this is that it means they know that the iPhone will soon be available with other carriers. Seems to me they're just trying to lock in their current iPhone customers and buy themselves 2 more years to make their network more robust.

• Money
    Money Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

can can just dial *639# on your phone and you will get a message if your eligible for an upgrade

• spaceapple
    spaceapple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Um, mine has a few more words than the iPhone upgrade message posted up there:

We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade AT A HIGHER PRICE with a 2-yr commitment AND an $18 upgrade fee.

Now what does that entail?

• JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Because they are changing the pricing of their data plan. I refuse to reup so I'm paying more for the phone, but no way are they changing my unlimited data plan for the BS plan they are putting out. Be careful what you wish for, this sounds all great and dandy but the fact is AT & T has NEVER been on the customer's side and this is a new way to screw us over yet again.

• Kendra
    Kendra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

wow, at&t is really trying to rip us off this time around. I'm not getting the new iphone, not paying all that extra and just read about the new data plans, bunch of nonsense. I was thinking about switching to the iphone, but then i read all this nonsense. no. not happening. However, I can't stop my boyfriend from getting it. fml.