High Resolution Pictures And Video Of iPhone 4's Retina Display - It's Gorgeous

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHigh Resolution Pictures And Video Of iPhone 4's Retina Display - It's Gorgeous

Steve Jobs' claim that iPhone 4's display has a pixel density higher than what the human eye can resolve has triggered a huge debate. Industry experts have now been mulling over whether or not the iPhone 4 screen deserves to be called "retina display". Dr. Raymond Soneira, the founder of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Brilliant Display!

• V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

What's the screen quality compared to 720p HD TV

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Hmm i was just looking at the WWDC conference video, and it struck me that the demo photo's of the black affro guy in SF that looks great and is said to be a still from the 5 mpix camera, is actually a still from the HD VID that they show at the conference!!

The guy demoing the iPhone Movie app can be seen flicking thru clips and there it is!! Along with others that have been claimed to be pics taken with the stills cam, when in fact its plain to see they are stills from 720 HD Vid!!!

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

the 720p videos were taken WITH the iphone after the shots were taken with the same iphone... stupid.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Nothing stupid about it, they look like stills from the video's, bubble butt.

• s.vijay23@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

ya whoever says Apple Iphone is a revolution and others just STFU

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

well, depends. 720 is referring how many horizontal pixels there are on a screen, there are 960 horizontal pixels on the Iphone 4. if you turn it sideways, its 640 x 960 @ 326 pixels per inch (over 1000 pixels on the 3.5 inch display) Its as high of a resolution as it needs to me on a screen that small. if they put that technology on a 37" flatscreen tv, it would be unreal.

• xsvl
    xsvl Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

can we please be adults here. goodness.

iPhone 4's screen looks like the best screen i've ever seen. bar-none.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

Key to this argument is that it exceeds the human eye at about 10 or so inches. This makes his statement true. For example at 40 feet you could represent an iPhone with a single 16 bit pixel and it would be full detail.

It's only as you get closer that more detail, like pixilation, becomes apparent.

Just because you can zoom in on the iPhone 4 display and see pixels doesn't make the claim incorrect or misleading. You have to understand the context within the claim.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Agreed.

Will be pre ordering mine tomorrow

• killa_b
    killa_b Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

hellzz yeah. im pre ordering mine also

• iphone owner
    iphone owner Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I really believe the Iphone 4 is trying to play off on 4g. The second Iphone was not called Iphone 2 but instead Iphone 3g to highlight the fact that it worked on 3g network thus faster than the first. Then they name the screen "retina display" and video conferencing "face time." Why not nickname the phone to highlight the screen or some other upgraded feature. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.

• IP Lawyers Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Be honest Iphone surprised me a lit bit this time...