iPhone 4 UK: Coming To T-Mobile And 3; O2 Announces Early Upgrade Offer But Kills Unlimited Data Pla

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 UK: Coming To T-Mobile And 3; O2 Announces Early Upgrade Offer But Kills Unlimited Data Plans

The United Kingdom will be one of the select markets where Apple's new iPhone 4 shall be launching on June 24. The launch will also bring the iPhone to two new carriers - T-Mobile UK and 3 UK. These carriers will join O2, Orange, Vodafone and Tesco to bring Apple's...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

3 offer 500mb as standard but a 2gb add-on can be bought for £5, but the blackberry come with that add-on bundled in, I think they need to do this with the iPhone tarrif as 500mb will not be enough an many customers will go over there bill.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

What doesn't seem to be mentioned is that these new tariff changes from O2 will only affect New Contracts and customers wishing to change over from the package they currently have.
    If you wish to remain on an Existing 'Unlimited' package then you retain the right to do so, including extending it indefinate.

3 has been pushing TV adverts lately so it was a matter of time before they launched '4'
    New mast stations have been built recently, probably just for the release of '4'
    3 has the capability of serious data speeds and could quite easily outdo the Big 3 (O2, Orange & Voda)
    if my mobile broadband speed from 3 is as good for the new iPhone, then I know which network I'll be joining :-)

O2 have a great Carrier Unlock on iPhones, £15 payment on Payasyougo unlocks but removes free wifi &data bolt-on
    In-contract iPhone can still be unlocked but you still need to pay the remainder of outstanding months (usual monthly fee, NOT lump sum settlement)
    So why don't ATT customers buy from O2, unlock & get it shipped over, seems a lot cheaper than your current option

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

T mobile all the way for me, brilliant news, in my area they wipe the floor with all the others for 3g including '3'
    had a terrible time with '3', never again for me, customer service was shite.

• Tristan
    Tristan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

How can I check how much data I use per month? The usage statistics (never reset them in 18 months) on my 3G say I've only ever used about 300MB, but that's rubbish, as I've downloaded albums OTA before....

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I've currently got my 3G unlocked to accept my 3 sim cause i found them to be the best network for signal especially at my work place so when i heard the new iphone 4 had a micro sim slot i was all set to ditch 3 and sign upto either O2 or Orange so i could get the new iphone. This news that 3 are taking on the iphone is great, i can see myself making a phone call to them today!

• TimW™©
    TimW™© Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

T-mobile in my neck of the woods is terrible at best mate. They don't have any 'masts' anywhere near the beaches lmao
    Before we flew out, 3 were building 5 new 'dedicated' staions along the coastal route, O2 erecting 2 new stations to share with Orange, T-mob got a nice "Permission Denied" from local authorities.
    I do think that this is 3's final chance at 'playing with the big boys" if the '4' fails then I believe that they'll soon sell out.
    3 used to piggyback on O2's network, but if O2 got busy, 3 calls/texts would sit in a que, now (after not paying O2 for that privilege) their money goes on improving their data network
    Agreed that their customer services left a lot to be desired, but their shop staff are really great with decent trained staff.
    I'm going to give it a shot on payg though, I'll keep my current sim package for the new Dell Streak tho :-)

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Fair do's Tim, agreed, swings n roundabouts really but the final straw for me with '3' was when my eighteen months were up, the guy in Kashmir on the cancellation team was a royal pain in the arse.
    He wouldn't let me leave until after fifty mins of him trying to pressure me into staying I threatened to report his outrageous retention tactics to offcom. I'd steer well clear personally , woeful cust services, even in the stores here, wet behind the ears I find.
    And funnily enough, this was last yr, when I wanted my first iPhone, the sales guy said everyone that leaves them for an 02 iPhone goes back to them, as iPhones are useless!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Lots of people are going to jump ship from o2 if another network offers unlimited data on the iPhone 4

• Paul Tech
    Paul Tech Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

A lot of telcos seem to be against unlimited data plans.

Are they really losing so much money even if we spend hours on our iPhones or they just wanna make more profits?

• Lol e
    Lol e Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I don't think its about moey, more likely their current networks are reaching their capacities and simply cannot cope with the current and forecasted popularity of that the iPhone has brought to mobile data useage. I expect as they upgrade and reinforce their networks data plans will become cheaper, how long that'll take is another question..

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

orange has unlimited internet for £35/month with, 600 mins unlimited texts and you pay and extra £119 for 16gb and £219 for 32gb!!!