How To Convert A Mini-SIM Into A Micro-SIM For iPhone 4

Options
2»

Comments

• hsv2049
    hsv2049 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Worked for me, on iPhone 4. It is easier if you have a micro-sim to place over your mini-sim to trace around as a template.

• youdame
    youdame Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I tried it, as gazzeg said, he/she is correct. The first sim portrayed above (blue) is the old sim with the large golden part. I have that kind of sim. I cropped it down to perfect size with a lot of sandpapering and it fits perfectly into the slot. BUt it still doesn't work.

I suggest that you take a MICROSIM and compare it to the old sim you have, if the golden contacts are the same size then you are good to go but if the old sim has larger golden contacts then don't do this as it won't work.

• Karan
    Karan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Iphone 4 only supports 3g n 4g simsso 2g sims will not work
  • bart
    bart Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I pulled my iPhone4 sim to see if it would work and I touched those gold peices on it. Now I get a message on my phone that says, "Matthew Verbin, It's 3:00." Is this some error message ATT uses? What does it mean? Who is Matthew Verbin? I am afraid to call ATT becuz they might void my waranty. HELP!
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You can still get a free sim or micro SIM with £5 free credit from http:/giffgaff-sims.co.uk/iphone.htmlPowered by the O2 network in the UK with unlimited internet.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I sat my normal sim on a microsim and started cutting around it. Caused no problem whatsoever. Needed a few minor adjustments after cutting but works great.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I cut down both a Three and an Orange SIM to fit my iPhone4. The Three works fine in the device, the Orange works fine with Gevey SIM.I did use a sharp knife (remember to let your dad do it for you if you're the kind of person that cuts towards yourself) to whittle it down to a perfect shape.
  • Fz
    Fz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Its ****, this wont worked out.....the size of a micro sim ""circuit"" is smaller than that of mini sim... thus it will never ever work....
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked for me, thanks :-)
  • Phone GEEZER
    Phone GEEZER Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I did this for my NOKIA Lumia 710, and had a few issues. HOWEVER, I got them totally cleared up, and my old Micro Sim is now functioning quite well as a MINI Sim. But, since this is for a NOKIA, I have no idea if it would work on an Iphone 4. I did do some easily understood documentation with PICTURES, and they can be seen at:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56065561/NOKIA LUMIA 710 - How to Make a Micro Sim out of a Mini Sim..png
  • Frank Kahney
    Frank Kahney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've read elsewhere that some people need to unlock their PIN on their sim. How do you find out if your sim has a PIN lock?Also I've read some people not being able to access their network. Does the cut down sim work on O2?
  • Frank Kahney
    Frank Kahney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    GEEZERThe middle picture has the metal circuitry that looks much larger than the new micro sim. How can this work when they are different sizes?
  • Indra
    Indra Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks for the shareI'll try it, I hope I didnt break something