Apple Starts Shipping iPhone 4 For Launch Day; Some Users Report Cancellation Of iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Starts Shipping iPhone 4 For Launch Day; Some Users Report Cancellation Of iPhone 4 Pre-Orders [Updated]

We had heard reports earlier that some of users had observed that their iPhone 4 order status at the Apple's US Online store had changed to indicate that they were ready for shipment for the launch day. We’re now hearing reports that some users have received shipment notifications and FedEx...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lewis
    Lewis Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

slightly off topic but has anyone in the UK managed to get a micro sim for the Iphone 4 ? I had to cut my full size sim for my Ipad from the USA, but I don't like the sea of doing it for my cell phone, I need a Vodaphone and an O2 if anyone has any ideas.

• Lewis
    Lewis Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Update on micro sim, O2 will supply from 21st but Vodaphone still not confirming date. Also Apple order system in UK is down :( anyone else having the same prob ?

• Rusty
    Rusty Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

did you use ur normal phone contract sim in ur ipad. ive just got a wifi one but couldnt find info on using my phone on in it. i wud like to use my phone one so that i dont have to pay for the internet twice!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks Brush for your comment as it gives us some perspective on why Apple and AT&T might be cancelling iPhone 4 pre-orders. We've updated the post with this info so fellow readers don't panic.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Hey I pre-ordered iPhone 4 in an AT&T store on the first day @ 3:00PM EST, and on the ATT order staus site it says "In Progress". Can anyone please tell who will it come to the store?

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Ok so i got 2 iphones one is shipped the anther will ship by July 2nd but has anyone gotten the hold for the iphone put back in the bank. just wondering dose this mean i have a free iphone.also im pissed that my 2nd iphone ships July 2nd because my receipt says june 24th has any body else have this issue.

• denise
    denise Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I spent 17hrs trying to pre-order my iPhone 4, starting about 2:20PST. What a nightmare! Finally got my order through the Apple website about 7pm on the 15th, with a ship date for July 2. But after reading about folks order status changing, I decided to take a peek at mine. To my surprise & delight, my status has changed from "Not yet Shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment.". So even us tailbackers for July 2 are feeling some Apple love! Gives me hope I may not have to wait till the 2nd to get my iPhone 4!

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

has anyone gotten the money hold for the iphone put back in the bank

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I guess it would be better to call AT&T to find out.

• Dukey66
    Dukey66 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I can confirm that my iPhone has shipped and that I have a Fed-Ex tracking number with expected delivery of June 24 by 4:30PM EST.

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

It is very possible then, that these multiple erroneous orders over inflated Apple's count of 600,000 orders for new phones. Not that Apple would ever admit it. This also implies that there might be more phones available to those who didn't pre-order if they make it to a store on the 24th.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Yea I called them they say they don't have any information on the shipping date yet!
    On their status site it says in progress

• Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

My visa debit card was credited back for 2 phones. I hope they didn't cancel. AT&T says in progress.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

Yeah, i have. But my order is not cancelled. I have phoned apple and they have said that the money may come back out on launch day and may have been just to see if you have the funds in your account because of a type of card i am using?

• Sonny
    Sonny Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Apple stores and AT&T stores are going to have shipments of iPhone 4s to their stores just for opening day on first come first serve basis right?

• Dkhan
    Dkhan Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I was one of lucky ones. Mine has been shipped is fedex. It does say it was received after the shipping cut off time so it may be late. I would offer this one bit of advice. DO NOT sign the shipping waiver and place it on your door. Thieves know the day the iPhone is supposed to arrive and it would be easy pickings to see a note on the door on the 24th and know a new expensive iPhone will be waiting outside later. If you sign the waiver you also assume all the risk if it's stolen or the box is smashed flat and your iPhone is broken. I know some will pre-sign anyway, just know the risk. :).

• Dkhan
    Dkhan Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

And apparently I should proof read before posting via the iPhone :D

• Mpeplow
    Mpeplow Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Mine has shipped got the email today...

Shipped from Shenzhen CN on 6/19/2010 6:40pm

Currently in Lantau Island HK as of 6/20/2010 7:48pm
    the time stamps are a little off so they might be timezones over there
    but none the less "IT HAS SHIPPED"...

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

mine says the same thing. in transit. i just hope this week goes by fast, im tired of waiting lol

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Has anyone who ordered theirs in an AT&T store seen their status change or received a tracking number? I ordered mine on the 15th when the store opened at 9AM Central time. The order went through and I got a confirmation e-mail stating a June 24th date. When checking my order status is still just says In Progress. The hold is still on my card. Nothing has been cancelled but I haven't seen anymore progress either. I should be fine since my confirmation e-mail was sent at 11:15 AM but all this talk of cancellations has me a little worried.

• now iPhone for me
    via Wordpress

mine was canceled for god knows what reason, it wasn't a duplicated order. I'm pissed.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I ordered mine with ATT and just seen it change today. It says it has shipped, and I have a Fed tracking number finally. Woohoo! I can't wait.

I ordered mine at my local att store at 11:30am.

• Pantech Phones
    Pantech Phones Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

As for me it is one of the shocking news of 2010! The fans of iPhone talk about it all the times!

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

mine has been shipped and i haven't been charged yet. suckas !!!!

• raypezzullo@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

I ordered my at the AT&T store mine has shipped and with a tracking number

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

did anyone else get this? i was just emailed this today from apple............

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http//www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

• Arran
    Arran Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

just got the same thing, wonder if it's a scam? hopefully just getting em early!!!!