iPhone Dev Team Confirm iOS 4, 05.13.04 Baseband And Possibly iPhone 4 Unlockable

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Confirm iOS 4, 05.13.04 Baseband And Possibly iPhone 4 Unlockable

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has reconfirmed that it will be possible to unlock the new baseband (05.13.04) that is included in iOS 4 Golden Master and that it might be possible to also unlock iPhone 4. Two weeks back iPhone Dev Team had confirmed that they will release...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

great job dev team cant wait till they are released because i will need my iPhone 3g till the white iPhone 4 is released

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

i wonder..is it possible to see some tools released after the firmware release? or should we have to wait until after the iphone 4 release?

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

i wonder..is it possible to see some tools released after the firmware release? or should we have to wait until after the iphone 4 release?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Dev Team have hinted that they will release the tools after iPhone 4 is released.

We probably might get a confirmation from them if the version of iOS 4 that is finally released is indeed unlockable for older iPhone models.

• twitter.com/dsdjgeo
    via Wordpress

God bless these guys! Very smart and with a high moral grade! I can't wait until the iOS4 unlock release!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Any word on the install process? Will we be holding down buttons or can we expect a simple "Make it rain" button? Mac/Windows???

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I know this isn't the right place for this but I haven't heard any talk lately about something. Didn't Apple say a while back that they were working on a radio app so that we could pick up FM stations? I was thinking the radio app would be one of the 100 new features of iOS 4 but wouldn't we have heard about that by now? I was also hoping to hear that the new iPhone would have an HD Radio tuner like the ZuneHD but that doesn't seem too likely.

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

i dont think it very likely. the iPhone doesnt have any FM or HD radio hardware, and i dont think it needs any, how many online radio apps are there? and they didnt say anything about the outside stainless steel case being an antenna for the FM or HD radio. why would you want either of these features?

• yashif
    yashif Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

cant wait to unlock my 3g. its been a month since a locked it.. dev team Rockxx.. :)

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

The iPhone already has the hardware to receive an FM signal as is. Apple was reported to be working on a radio app that makes use of it back in October. I haven't heard much about it since then. It doesn't really matter much to me but it would be cool. Using data for radio causes a delay and I lose the feed sometimes and have to wait for it to buffer.

I figured that since the Zune HD has HD Radio Apple would want to put it into the new iPhone. I would then be able to pick up those stations in my truck without buying an additional tuner. I don't really care much about HD Radio but regular FM would be nice. The only reason I bring it up is because Apple was supposedly working on it. Like when they added the Voice Recorder App to 3.0 as a standard OS app. I was hoping for the same thing with 4.0.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Any clue as to whether we might get the unlock on the same day they release the iOS4 or will we probably have to wait until later in the week.... I so want to toss this blackberry and get back to my iPhone! :-)

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Apologies if I'm asking an obvious question, but will this upcoming unlock work on iPad 3.2? I just got my iPad yesterday and im itching to unlock it. Unfortunately I'm on iTunes 9.2 and I can't use the Spirit jailbreak

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

iPad is not locked, so you don't need to unlock it. If you want to jailbreak it then you can use Spirit:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/05/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-ipod-touch-using-spirit-iphone-os-3-1-3-iphone-os-3-1-2-mac.html

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Any news on ios4 jailbreak because I want to get it really badly :) I dont care about unlock I just want jailbreak lol :)

• stevenjohnreagan@yahoo.com.au
    via Wordpress

Good work, really relying on this unlock working on new baseband wwith 3.1.3 after inadvertantly updating from 3.1.2 for spirit jailbreak.

The next feature im hoping for in these devices is obvious next step, an AV wireless output so that a large monitor can be used for the iphone and maybe in combination with some type of portable plugin keyboard. Good bye to the humble laptop once we go down that road.

Stevenjm

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

All well and good, but what about Geoshot?! Where is he?! It's like he never existed last few weeks?!

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe he's busy with school or something. I prefer Geohot's method because traditionally the Dev Team's method requires wiping out all data or something (right?)

• fahdsaeed87@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

check the link limera1n.com and you will find geohot is also actively waiti'n for this ios4 he has just kept a low profile like he kept before the release of blackra1n and what he did was just outstanding

• naveeed
    naveeed Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

gr88888888 news.. iPhone Dev Team ROCKS..... :) :) :)

• yashif
    via Wordpress

do we have to wait till apple release ios4 OR apple iphone 4G????

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

We'll keep you posted. But it looks like we will have to wait until launch of iPhone 4.

• N@th
    N@th Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

could someone please explain the difference between jailbroken and unlocked??
    and the unlocked version will be available on 21st or 24??
    i have been stuck with a locked iphone for 3 months!!! :(

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You can checkout this url for more details:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/iphone-glossary.html

To be able to unlock an iPhone, you should be jailbroken. We expect tools to jailbreak and unlock iPhone on June 24. However, we'll keep you posted so stay tuned here at iPhoneHacks.

• Ralph
    Ralph Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Pardon my slight intrusion. Just 3 days ago I got my USA-bought 3GS running 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 both unlocked and jailbroken for the first time, thanks largely to the info at this website. The "surgery" was performed by a technician here in Bogota, Colombia. Please wish me a happy J-B "birth day". Could anyone direct me to a discussion list where Iphone JB issues are discussed? Thanks in advance.

• MAZ
    MAZ Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Iphone hacksssss and DEV team the best:)

waiting to unlock my 3g its been like 6 months,waiting the next week guys

• TimW™©
    TimW™© Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

He's in France for some hacking conference
    I'll wait for the Dev Team / Comex etc (aka the ones who 'follow up' their work)

• TimW™©
    TimW™© Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Uninstall 9.2, download 9.1 from Filehippo etc and install that version :-)
    An 'Unlock' refers to the carrier/network provider
    A JailBreak refers to opening up the OS to allow 3rd party (aka non-apple) packages
    Cracking refers to removal of DRM but should be ONLY USED for app EVALUATION and is generally frowned upon, if you like it...BUY IT :-)
    A lad I know has a Pay&Go package from each of the UK providers and uses each according to network coverage, he's still got an original unlimited call, txt & data plan on contract with Orange for £5 month, Orange can't cancel as it's an original 'lifetime' contract, wish I was that lucky :-(
    Anyhoo, try a 9.1 download and see how it goes :-)

• yashif
    via Wordpress

hope next week our waiting will be over and we can unlock our iphone 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01 :)
    DEV team Rockkxx

• chris88
    chris88 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi from greece.thnx for a good job guys...i cant whait for the unlock of 3.1.3 i have close 3 months without my iphone 3g and i miss it

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Cheers thanks guys :)

I did mean crack, not unlock, sorry. I was going to use Spirit to JB but then I noticed that I couldn't do it if I had iTunes 9.2 installed. Figured I would have to go back to 9.1...damn!

Do you think it might be worth waiting for Dev Team to release the next redsn0w? I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that it will work for iPad 3.2?

Many thanks.....