Apple To Launch CDMA iPhone 4 in Q4?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Launch CDMA iPhone 4 in Q4?

CDMA iPhone rumors are back. Apple may be launching a CDMA version of iPhone 4 in the fourth quarter of this year according to a fresh report. Taiwanese website, Digitimes, claims that Pegatron Technology - the manufacturing arm of Asustek, has started the production of the new CDMA iPhone at...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

So why are you reporting speculations? How about reporting nothing unless there is something to actually report?

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Jordan...this ain't CNN!

• Rhino
    Rhino Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

what the f--k is a cdma phone.

• mcorona
    mcorona Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

yo mama,

You're exactly right! I come here for speculations and rumors, if all they offered were actual reports it would be information I could get from any other side.

Keep on truckin' iPhonehacks.com!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

CDMA, or Code Division Multiple Access, is a competing cell phone service technology to GSM, which is the world’s most widely used cell phone standard.

CDMA uses a “spread-spectrum” technique whereby electromagnetic energy is spread to allow for a signal with a wider bandwidth

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

incase you havent realized half of what this site reports is rumors and speculations. gives us a good heads up on what to look for and what might come out

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
  • Tash
    Tash Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • Michael Parr
    Michael Parr Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It's not happening!!! I swear these iPhone hacks people are morons! If apple themselves said CDMA is dead? Why would they go back on it? Apple is backing down from the Flash war right? No! Apple will only invest in technologies they can see effective in the future. Have you not seen the interview of Steve Jobs at D8 conference? Verizons network is old and is dying fast (outdated). Mark my words, there will be no CDMA iPhone ever! Verizon will only get the new iPhone once it switches it's network to LTE.

• mcorona
    mcorona Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Why would they back down about CDMA being dead?

Profit.

• ewj
    ewj Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I will believe it when I see it. Apple needs Verizon more than the other way around. Verizon is making lots of money and seems to be content. Apple wants a bigger share of the pie.

I see a Sprint phone because of LTE and Sprint needs a boost that the iPhone would give. SJ would be more in control of the rollout on Sprint and ATT would b*tch less if is was Sprint.

• Antman
    Antman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Verizon is not doing well AT&T is taking market share everyday because o the iPhone. Verizon is mad that they let the iPhone get away.

• lolumadbro
    lolumadbro Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

lol you're insane. Android is rocking the **** out of anything not ATT and people are fed up with ATT networks. They raised their termination fee from $175 to $350 in a desperate attempt to keep anyone from leaving for other networks once they get their new iPhone 4s and sign a new contract. I have one pre-ordered but I'm seriously reconsidering since there will even MORE iPhones on ATTs networks. I won't deny apple has the superior product but they will do themselves an incredible disservice in the long run if they stay exclusive to ATT. /rant

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

If you've been following the news lately, you should know that Apple has been adding new lists of carriers in other countries. It's bound to happen here as well. Yes these are rumors now, but it's not all speculation. There is evidence out there such as these contracted companies. Let's not forget that AT&T raised the early term fee and offered us an early upgrade. Maybe AT&T is just being nice... or maybe it's their way of saying "Ha ha!"

• goody2312
    goody2312 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Hilarious dude, laughed my ass off.

• goody2312
    goody2312 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Would it be crazy to think that the next Iphone release would be on T-mobile? They are a lower carrier but would die to get the IPhone, Apple could in theory make all its own rules. Just wondering.

• Antman
    via Wordpress

Lol sorry you are the crazy one. Verizon raised the early termination fees first then AT&T followed. I live in Seattle and don't have any problems not saying they don't happen just verizon is no better. Had it and dropped them went back to AT&T before iPhone and haven't and won't leave.

• Ajc
    Ajc Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I believe tmobile would be next just because the are the only other gsm cellular provider.

• Michael Parr
    Michael Parr Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

That was sarcasm. Verizon is not getting the iPhone, that was my emphasis.

• lolumadbro
    lolumadbro Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Verizon 175 AT&T 350. K

• Antman
    via Wordpress

Like I said you are so miss informed you are a sheep in a wolfs world think for yourself and research before you belive something. Look at the verizon web site All advanced phones (smartphones) since November of 2009 have a 350 early termination fee.

• krikey!
    krikey! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

apple has, in fact, ALWAYS made all its own rules.