AT&T: iPhone 2G Users Can Also Keep Their Unlimited Data Plans

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T: iPhone 2G Users Can Also Keep Their Unlimited Data Plans

AT&T announced a major changes to its data plans for iPhone users recently. AT&T introduced two new data plans to replace its current $30 unlimited smartphone plan. However, AT&T had clarified that existing iPhone users can stick with the $30 unlimited data plans, even when it's time to upgrade to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

I have had all the iPhone's with ATT and got all iphones on the the release day, now I have 3GS with Unlimited DATA 30 dollar for internet!

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I too have had all the iPhones, even the 2G 4GB versions, Hooray for unlimited data!!! I just pre ordered the iPhone 4 two days ago, I can't wait! But wow anyone with a 2G should really update phones, you're missin out!!!

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

I wonder , how long those att bastards will wait to remove the unlimited data plan for iphone 3gs users

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I looked at my history and found that I was always below 200MB. I changed from my unlimited to 200MB to save the $15. I wonder if it's possible that I can go back to my unlimited plan if I find myself going over. And if so, how long could I wait to choose to go back to my unlimited plan?

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

they cant "remove" it. A contract works both ways. which is why as you see people still have unlimited data + 200 txt for 20 bucks. because they never signed a new contract. If they didnt force the data plan on you in the 2 year agreement, then they could.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

no you cant. once you get rid of the unlimited dat thats it. you would have to go with the 25 dollar 2gb plan

• Fyta
    Fyta Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Im still running my 4+ year old $15 unlimited data plan from a windows mobile phone I used to have. Unfortunately, it has made keeping such a plan somewhat difficult to stay up to date with iPhones. But for the most part, I continue to go 'offline' to get my iPhones. If what was posted earlier holds true about Canada going to be selling unlocked iPhone 4s, then I might have my 'in' to my next upgrade, provided the price isn't too steep.

• jailbr0kN
    jailbr0kN Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

First I would get my phone from craigslist or ebay, then I would jailbreak/unlock it. Then I would do whatever the heck I wanted to with it. Pay $25 for the 2gb plan and activate tethering through Cydia. It's really not that hard. And as long as you don't weight it down with tons of crap, your iPhone won't have any problems.

Then just to be a jerk, I would go to an Apple store and ask them for help. Watch their faces when I have Pogoplank and SBS installed. "Umm, sir... What did you do to this iPhone?"

• k4oc@yahoo.com
    k4oc@yahoo.com Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

something to think about..you may be under the 200mb now but as data speeds pick up with 4g and all you will use more data.
    If I leave a faucet on for 20 seconds with a trickle verus leaving the same faucet on for 20 seconds wide open which one will use more water???

Just something to think about. I am not going to get rid of my unlimited data plan because of that fact.

Good luck !!