Apple Announces Over 600,000 iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Announces Over 600,000 iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

Apple has announced that it has received pre-orders for 600,000 iPhone 4’s yesterday, which was a lot higher than it had anticipated. The numbers include the pre-orders placed with carrier partners. The numbers reported by Apple are despite the issues Apple and AT&T are having with iPhone 4 pre-orders, which...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jorgie
    Jorgie Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I am waiting for AT&T to come back up! I am using my mother's upgrade who is part of a family share plan with my brother, and for some reason Apple won't recognize the 2nd line as an independent number, and doesn't let us pre-order.

AT&T is the only way I could do it, and as mentioned the site still down. All this could be avoided if AT&T would let me just upgrade.

My ETF is $140, but the iPhone 4 would cost me $200 more to buy since I am not eligible. In theory I can cancel contract, and sign new contract and get phone for cheaper, but then I would loose my grandfathered unlimited data for when we I use 3g Unrestrictor for "Face Time".

Very disappointed with how they have gone about this whole process!

• Theahbal
    Theahbal Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

wow I nearly took a back seat on this one and said maybe I'll wait till launch day and just stroll into my neighbor hood Apple store and pick it up in the first week or so. I decided to pre-order yesterday at 7 am and glad I did that these are some crazy numbers oh and by the way apple is actually estimated to pump out 2 million units by analysts it sounds reasonable! lol I am just glad I have 2 secured!

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

You know what's weird? Last year I bought an iPhone 3GS on launch day with a 2 year contract. I got a second iPhone for my wife in September 2009. Recently I called the *639# mentioned in an iphonehacks.com article and found out I was eligible for early upgrade. After many attempts yesterday from Apple's site I pre-ordered an iPhone 4 at the early upgrade price! I am a registered iPhone developer but I've never read anything stating that would qualify me for an early upgrade. My contract shouldn't have been up until June of 2011! Despite all the problems mentioned, I lucked out. Many thanks iphonehacks! Keep the information flowing!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Awesome! It's the first time we have heard such a case though.

• Mpeplow
    Mpeplow Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I too should be up in June 2011 but I guess when AT&T service fails I win... iPhone 4 pre-order success... Little bummed that the iPhone will be here on the 24 but I have to wait for the "Bumper" til July 1 you would think it would be easier to manufacture a lilttle piece of plastic faster than an iPhone...

• Fyta
    Fyta Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

your eligible for upgrade after 18 months (6 short of contract expiration). They shortened it by 6 months for iphone 4. So, basically you only have to wait 1 year if you are already an iphone customer.

• Yoly
    Yoly Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I tried to order mine online on pre-order day as an existing iPhonecustomer and I received a message to order from the store. I had some issues at the store because the system kept crashing but luckily we put all my info in I just needed to swipe my card so it left a phone on hold until I came back the next day. They are not saying for sure that I will receive my phone on June 24th but no later then the 28th. I was still using the 1st generation or I would have waited but with everyone still on a waiting list for iPads I had a sneaky suspension it was going to happen with the ios4 Phone.

• Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

I had the same thing happen, and my ETF was $175 on the new contract I signed yesterday

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

If it wasn't for the subsidized price I would have not bought the iPhone 4. It's a good phone but I'm not blown away. I think some if not most of these features should have been on the 3gs.

• iphone owner
    iphone owner Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I really believe the Iphone 4 is trying to play off on 4g. They name the second Iphone "3g" to highlight the fact that it worked on the 3g network thus it was faster than the first iPhone. Then they named the the screen on the iPhone 4 "retina display" and the video conferencing "face time." I'm sure they could have come up with a name for the 4th generation iPhone. Something that highlighted the upgraded features. They couldn't come up with anything but just 4?

• Eskimo
    Eskimo Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Got my reserved at my local apple store using the apple store app yesterday. Was very easy and painless.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Att published an early adopters program last year when the iphone 3gs came out. It allows iphone users to upgrade their phone 12-18 months from their date of purchase depending on their price plan. A $99 or higher plan would qualify you for an upgrade in 12 months.

They did something even better this year to promote the iphone 4. Anyone who would be upgrade eligible anytime in 2010 was automatically bumped up to June 24th for upgrade eligible.

In your case, you're probably spending over $100 a month with att so you would've originally been upgrade eligible in July. They bumped you up to june 24th as part of the promotion.

• Personal Injury Lawyers
    via Wordpress

It takes me few seconds to count the zeros..behind the six

• Zack
    Zack Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

so there wont be any phones in apple stores on the launch day?

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

i will wait for white...

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

nope, they are sold out for launch day.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

It's only the pre-orders that are sold out. They have held back phones to sell on launch day in-store.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY?...there's an article and picture of a guy posted by TUAW.COM who is already camping outside an apple store in Texas...and while i was reading the comments nobody actually mentioned the fact that all pre-release Iphone 4 for June 24th is already spoken for.Did this guy ever read the updates from apple or those announcements? poor guy that he has no guarantee. he could have just asked first on an apple/ATT employee tell him to go mhome and wait for availability announcements from Apple.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Id say we need to slow down with these new cellphones as we create more ELECTRONIC WASTE in our world. We dont even get to take this in Heaven or Hell. We sometimes must be grounded to make a difference for our future and our children's future. We push the growth and evolution of tech but at the same time the world suffers and more cancers happens. many of us don't get to see the effects of E-WASTE in places like ASIA. USA had long been dumping proposed recycled items abroad and making money out of it..think of it as shoving it under the rug but the problem persists and gets worsts and bad. Look at the oil spill!! E-WASTE makes more damage that the short term. Think of every pieces of devices we use these days are made of metals,plastics,mercury,toxic chemicals. And the process continues due to demand. We must delay buying new stuff and let others make use of old computers,cellphones,etc.RECYCLE!!