AT&T Temporarily Suspends New iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Temporarily Suspends New iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

Apple and AT&T had major issues with iPhone 4 pre-orders yesterday. AT&T is apparently still trying to sort out the issues. Apart from the massive surge in traffic that caused severe downtimes on these websites, we had also reported about a major security breach that was noticed by several AT&T...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jorgie
    Jorgie Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Apple has changed the date to July 14th now for future preorders. Seems like July 2nd has sold out as well!

• Preston
    Preston Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

only way to buy a 4g is to pre-order? or can we just show up june 24th and buy one ????

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the tip, it changed from July 2nd to July 14th in just a few minutes.

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Showing up will get you nowhere lol, but hey its worth a try

• bemental
    bemental Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I walked into my local Best Buy and was able to preorder one without hassle. They said it will depend on the stock at the time of the launch and that it was first come, first serve. In addition, they promised to call with updates prior, during and after launch day until a phone is in your hot little hands.

Mileage may vary. I'm up in Northern Maine and when I walked into the store today (one day after the pre-order took effect) I was only the 11th customer to try and pre-order a black 32GB.

• Ran$om
    via Wordpress

im sure they have a certain amount available for in store pick up...doubt it will be a lot tho

• Someone
    Someone Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Come on Apple! It's painfully retarded to continue with this 1 carrier idea in the US.
    WTF? Dumbest idea ever. 1 carrier cannot handle millions of people.
    Please end this AT&T monopoly before they ruin the iPhone experience even further!
    What's good for europe ain't good for us? Give me a break.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Did anyone else get logged in to someone elses account when they logged on and went to the ATT store to preorder the iphone? It happened to me twice!

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Since some source said WHITE will be available after July 24 than I think I will wait. No big different between July 14 and 24. BTW, I ordered the black yesterday and got the email from att this morning saying that not info provided or more than 5 lines. My plan is individual how can it be more than 5 lines???

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I was the 2nd person to pre-order an iPhone at my local AT&T store. They took my order manually and just gave me a hand written receipt cause the servers were down.

I ordered at 9:05am, and my order still hasn't been placed and I have yet to receive my confirmation email from Apple saying they have my phone waiting for me.. I am going to be PISSED if I do not get my phone on the 24th because I was one of the first people to order from my location.

It's understandable that everyone has issues from time to time, but having your whole server crash within an hour or two of pre-sales is a bit ridiculous. They should have planned this out a little better.. well I guess AT&T should have.

• ob trice
    ob trice Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I checked on my apple status for my "July 2nd" shipping. It has not changed yet. So......

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

your fault for not doing it online.....noob

• Jorgie
    Jorgie Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I had some trouble with AT&T Family Share Plan via Apple's website.

Apparently if you have a Family Plan, Apple doesn't recognize it, so if you use your upgrade for one of the lines, it thinks that you already did an upgrade and tells you that you cannot fulfill the order on the phone when you try it for other phones, even if they are eligible.

After speaking to both AT&T and Apple, they both assured me that AT&T can handle this sort of request, but only when the pre-order comes back online at ATT.com

• duston f
    duston f Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Lmfao, wow AT&T... I'm over here in Canada and this is just a huge joke. But the failure of this leads to people smarting up and they'll learn from their mistakes agreed?

Hope Rogers knows what their doing :), and im not as pissed off that i have to wait till July 24th for Canada to get it, cause it'll just be a week after the other prob 700,000 people from the states and etc to get one ;)

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I just love how one carrier is illegal in the E.U. But the norm here in America.

• Ask_about_me!
    Ask_about_me! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

In reply to someone....if you don't like iPhone on AT&T get the hell out and get another phone sick n tire of dumb people like you complaining its been years and you still wanna complain just get a life it's so damn simple either shut up n get the phone when you get it or complain and get another carrier it's that simple and only things ruining the iPhone is big cry babys like yourself......

• Ask_about_me!
    Ask_about_me! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

In reply to someone....if you don't like iPhone on AT&T get the hell out and get another phone sick n tire of dumb people like you complaining its been years and you still wanna complain just get a life it's so damn simple either shut up n get the phone when you get it or complain and get another carrier it's that simple and only things ruining the iPhone is big cry babys like yourself......

• Somone
    Somone Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

iPhone preorders suspended.
    Hmm. Seems to be a problem with only 1 carrier dumbass
    You can't even order the freaking phone.
    Yea, only problem is cry babys like me.
    1 carrier idea is retarded just like u

• Ran$om
    via Wordpress

i pre ordered mine for the 24th
    but come to think about it i think im just going to wait on the white one

• A11-S3521
    A11-S3521 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I spent all day trying to pre order and finally this evening got it ordered. Black is the preferred Color so all is good. But clicking all day trying was a real test. It will pay off.

• Rob Lee
    Rob Lee Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Bottom line people, if you haven't ordered your iPhone early in the morning you ain't getting it1 But I will gladly send you idiots a picture with mine! Ha!