Early Reviews Of Apple's New iPhone 4

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageEarly Reviews Of Apple's New iPhone 4

As you probably know by now, several people have reported to have already received their new iPhone 4 from Apple. While the general reaction from these users has been extremely positive, we have also been waiting for the official reviews from some of our favorite tech journalists like Walt Mossberg...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

First! I love you baby iphone 4. Your are my heart.

• Money Over Bitches
    Money Over Bitches Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
  • MobileSmug
    MobileSmug Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The best photo and HD video camera on all phones !!

• Jm
    Jm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

FaceJob works great. I went looking for the app, but found it integrated within the phone app automatically when connected to another iOS4 user. Good picture even on the front facing camera. Easy to switch to the rear camera. Gonna love having this.

And the camera takes great stills and the HD video is quite good too.

Phone harder to handle because it is mostly glass and metal AND small. Look forward to the bumpers shipping so I can get a better grip.

Speedier, more in line with my iPad. My Calendar freezes on me for some reason. I suspect a sync issue.

Overall first impression is great.

• Fig
    Fig Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

how come he said nothing about the display?

• excited
    excited Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

just received mine 2 hours ago and it is awesome.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Got mine! Funny though, Best Buy wouldn't sell me a case yet.... They said they had them they just wouldn't sell them till tomorrow... kinda funny... I was standing there with the phone and they were all checking it out, but wouldn't sell me a damned case!

• Jm
    Jm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Display is indeed awesome. Before you sell your old one on ebay, hold them up beside one another and take a look at the difference. It is quite easy to see, even with my old eyes. Icons are minimally smaller, but everything is crisp and clear. Photos look great with no pixelation, at least comparing the same high quality photo on each phone.

The tone of the display is slightly less blue and perhaps truer. Overall max brightness seems a bit less, but I never run mine all the way up anyway. Found a comfortable setting about 10% higher on the slider than the old phone.

The best way I can describe the difference in displays is standard definition vs. high definition television. Side by side, what we once thought was great really pales.

Side note: save yourself a lot of time and aggravation activating your phone by using the automated AT&T number. It takes just minutes compared to hours on hold waiting for a human while you listen to this one wretched song over and over. Call 800-331-0500 and do it yourself.

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

GOT MY IPHONE 4 IN THE MAIL TODAY LOVE IT

• 420Dude
    420Dude Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Got mine this morning at 10:15, I love the new design and the way it feels in your hand. I've noticed one thing thou, my wifi stays always on even in sleep mode, can anyone confirm this or is there something wrong with mine? Thanx

• x52
    x52 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Anyone having problems sending and receiving email? Works fine on wifi but if I turn off wifi it cannot connect. I have full bars and have done a hard reset.

• terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

So happy with it so far!What an upgrade from my 3g!Everything when so smooth!The pre-order on the 15th,the e-mails from apple,the delivery from Fedex one day before the launch date!And the activation only took five minutes on ITunes!The device is so great!Too much to list!I LOVE IT!