Apple: FaceTime Video Call Does Not Use Carrier Minutes

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple: FaceTime Video Call Does Not Use Carrier Minutes

One of the most talked about features in Apple's new iPhone 4 is FaceTime. FaceTime uses the new front-facing camera on the iPhone to initiate video calls between iPhone 4 users. As Steve Jobs had pointed out during his keynote address at WWDC 2010, the feature is currently restricted to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Ya I'm so exited my mom can see my daughters like were visiting them it's gonna be awesome! First?

• JaTt209
    JaTt209 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

wow.. At&t to At&t its free...

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
  • Joker
    Joker Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Lmfao!!! I know! Hahaha AT&T to AT&T is free anyway...

Best response ever

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

yeah thanks att for making it sound like we get something for free. LIARS

• Trini4life
    Trini4life Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Think about it from the perspective of calling someone overseas using facetime and you will understand what it means..

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

Ios 4 downlading!!!

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

I know. Some people think the world ends in the USA. How miopic.

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

Sorry typo. The word is myopic.

• Klaidez
    Klaidez Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

But... When you start a call you already used 1 minute. So, its NOT free. At least in europe carriers charge the first minute eaven if you only talk for 1 second. Hope there is a way of activating facetime without a phonecall. Jailbreak? How knows

• Dr dirty
    Dr dirty Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So if you do not have access to wifi this facetime feature is useless!!! Stupid feature if you ask me. You should be able to choose wifi or airtime.

Example:
    On the beach. No wifi
    in an airport. Paid wifi
    on vacation walking around. No wifi

stupid feature!!!

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

If it could also be compatible with regular (though pretty much unused) video calls that have been possible with many 3G phones the last couple of years it would be good. Prices for video calls in Sweden is though still insane compared to regular calls.

But of course I would prefer if it worked just as data traffic.

• Hajiali
    Hajiali Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

it might only be used for wifi. but im sure there is going to be a way to hack it. Just like 3g unrestrictor allows apps that only work with wifi to work without wifi.

also its not just at&t to at&t free since there is going to be an unlock soon it could be from any network that can use GSM like tmoble to at&t free.

• YoYo
    YoYo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

is it a rush to get the iphone 4? apple do not test their products...there's no testing involve prior to launch. There's gonna be a lot of bugs for sure. look at the ipad...never tested prior to live launch and it's banned from universities for DNS issues and wifi keeps dropping. as far video to video chat, i'm sad that it only works thru wifi. that's show that no matter what network the iphone goes to, their bandwidth will drop downhill. I don't think we will ever see a good performance over data until 7G. ever since iphones hits At&T, nothing but issues...and if other carriers planning to have iphones, good luck with their data customer ratings. the iphone 4G is just the forth model not the 4G in data...6mbps. that's a good number, but with X number of users, it's going to be 800kbps-1.3mpbs. With videos being 30fps, you can see lag.