BillShrink CEO: New AT&T Data Plans Can Save Users Hundreds Of Dollars

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBillShrink CEO: New AT&T Data Plans Can Save Users Hundreds Of Dollars

AT&T had recently announced a revamped data plans for smartphones which replaced the popular unlimited data plans with a tiered usage driven pricing structure. A lot of long time AT&T subscribers have opposed the change since it tends to disincentivize data consumption. However, according to BillShrink CEO Schwark Satyavolu, the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I plan on just keeping my unlimited data plan for $30 just because I fall under the $25 plan or something so I'd only save $5, but in the end I could also tether on a jailbroken phone for free rather than paying the extra $20 to tether..

• not gonna do it
    not gonna do it Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

GARBAGE! The middle finger to the consumer just before iphone 4 launch just so they can maximize profits before the rollout of the CDMA iphone. Stick it to the man by cancelling your plan.

How do you go from UNLIMITED to 2GBs, it'd be different if the cap was 50GB or even 20GB but 2? come on.

• twitter.com/dsdjgeo
    via Wordpress

AT&T is crying like a ****! They just want to fill their pockets with our money without invest in new equipment to support the increased traffic.

• Rudy569
    Rudy569 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

If AT&T can't handle it. They shouldn't carried the iPhone.

• Rudy569
    Rudy569 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
  • AT&T can suck it!!!
    via Wordpress

I'm with you! AT&T only wants more money and they think that we will believe that most of the users only consumes less than 400MB that's bull$)(!+ I personally like my $30 unlimited plan because I can use it without having in mind that I have to be careful in how much I use the internet!! I love AT&T but even I have to say that as time pass AT&T sucks more and more!!

• Dkhan
    Dkhan Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Really? You consume 1.5 gb a day from your phone? That's what your saying at 50gb a month. I doubt your doing that unless your trying to seed torrents from your cell phone via tether.

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Got one question , what's gonna happend after we ,iPhone 3gs and 3g upgrade our contracts for two more years keeping the unliimited dataplan??

• CeeZ
    CeeZ Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I use alot of data and I never went over 500mb , I use for business and personal I receive alot of email attachments.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

You get to keep the unlimited plan even if you upgrade. But if you switch to the other data plans than you lose it forever.

I'm keeping mine ./

• Jusco
    Jusco Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I wish they had a plan that was in between 200MB and 2GB, like 1GB for $20 a month. I typically only use 100-300MB a month, but it's too risky to use the 200MB plan and it seems pointless get rid of my unlimited data plan if I'm only going to save $5 bucks a month.
    Eventually AT&T's going to just ax the unlimited plan altogether (see iPad) so I wish they'd just get it over with so that those few percentage of users who hog the network would stop ruining it for the rest of us.

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

I m switchind to t mobile
    I m with AT&T because of iPhone
    it s the worst carrier in US

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

You are right brother it s greed
    more money that they can spend on
    hores stripers and liquor
    AT&T you gonna get **** from me

• Dukey
    Dukey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I forget to get an iPad on June 6. No wI wait to see what the rest of the carriers do before I order one. I am leaning towards cutting back my ATT voice plan and picking up a sprint or verizon android phone to get wifi for the iPad.

At this point in the NY metro area a second phone makes a load of sense so you can make phone calls :-(

• Jusco
    via Wordpress

I doubt it, they can always find ways around those things. If forcing people to change to a capped data plan did present a legal problem, then they might just implement it individually as you renew your contract. I have a feeling that once the iPhone is brought to other carriers and as data heavy phones become more prominent nationwide, the other carriers will be forced to adopt a similar plan.

• Jusco
    via Wordpress

"At this point in the NY metro area a second phone makes a load of sense so you can make phone calls :-("

That sucks man!

• Asset Management Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Sigh..hope we can have this kind of good cups in AUS

• Ajh122770
    Ajh122770 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

AT&T CAN KISS MY ASS, I'm keeping my unlimited data plan even though I know I don't use more than 2GB per month, it's the principle of the thing. Saving $5 a month is not worth losing an unlimited plan, and I urge everyone else to do the same!!!

• Min
    Min Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

If they are trying to save a money for customer.
    They have to set 400 or 500mb limit for first price.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

b/c they went with market average you fool. you think they pulled a random number out of a hat ??

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

whores. strippers. but at least you spelled liquor right...

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

you guys do realize that the old "unlimited" plan wasn't really actually "unlimited". There was a 5GB cap to the unlimited plan.