Steve Jobs Defends Decision To Replace 'Hold' Button With 'FaceTime'; Indicates Wireless Syncing Imm

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSteve Jobs Defends Decision To Replace 'Hold' Button With 'FaceTime'; Indicates Wireless Syncing Imminent

The FaceTime video-calling feature has become one of the biggest talking-points on the new iPhone. The feature makes use of iPhone 4's front-facing camera to let users make video calls with the tap of a button. However, Apple has replaced the on-screen 'Hold' button available during calls to make way...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

We were doing it wrong anyway

• k.rock
    k.rock Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

WiFi Syncing - Awesome idea... Big security hole.

• AlwaysFirst
    AlwaysFirst Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

FaceTime is useless. At least let us connect with 3GS users using the back camera. I cant have my wife call me and show me what the kids are doing (she has 3GS) but I can call an Apple rep and see his ugly face and that is supposed to somehow make it all right.

• Daflaava
    Daflaava Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I've been fascinated with these comments on this site. Listen, it's business. What are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing. You were anxious to buy it because of these features knowing the pros and cons. It is what it is. You can voice your opinion about it and hope it get's added at some point. Let's be honest here, the phone is remarkable even with the shortcomings. To go even further, we know the dev team, geohot among others will exploit these shortcomings and provide you with, again, great features (which I believe are all benefiting Steve).lol One thing is for sure is that you can't satisfy everyone.

• Fuk yo wife bitch!!!!
    via Wordpress

Maan fuk your wife. Now stop complaining.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I know how you can fix this issues buy her a iPhone 4 cheap ass I bought mine one.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

maybe i will hold off on buying that wireless syncing app off of cydia

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

How can anyone be certain nowadays that these emails from Jobs are legit, now that everyone knows he occasionally emails people?

• internetpro
    internetpro Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If you press and hold down on the mute button it turns to HOLD.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

uhh...then don't use it? yeah, don't use it is a great solution for you.

• internetpro is a noob
    via Wordpress

Are you going to recap the entire article?

• Y
    Y Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

ActiveSync used to have a WiFi feature (this is pre OWA with exchange) - removed for a reason...

• internetpro
    internetpro Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

What's the BFD. press and hold the damn button.

• Don't be an apple hater
    via Wordpress

Come on guys really are you serious that a hold button (that is still there) is better then face time? I've made multiple face time calls sence I got my phone & while you'r talking smack how many of you are showing off FaceTime? It's a good feature & it works great. Everyone that I've shown has responded Wow I've got to get an iphone. It's going to be a huge draw to the IPhone 4. The app has better results then you would get on a desktop just a couple of years ago & it's easy for those that are not tech savvy IE older relatives. I'm no fanboy as "I'm a P.C." but I love my iPhone. My gs was good the 4 is great & sence the camera reviews are showing the 4 as better then the others with FaceTime there is no camparison to the Droids etc. Oh wait with verizion you can choose to use the phone or everything else. Without multitasking while on the phone the other options are weak. Yes AT&T service sucks but I can live with that untill another carrier will let me map my directions, buy tickets & search the web while on the phone.

• Don't be an apple hater
    via Wordpress

Come on guys really are you serious that a hold button (that is still there) is better then face time? I've made multiple face time calls sence I got my phone & while you'r talking smack how many of you are showing off FaceTime? It's a good feature & it works great. Everyone that I've shown has responded Wow I've got to get an iphone. It's going to be a huge draw to the IPhone 4. The app has better results then you would get on a desktop just a couple of years ago & it's easy for those that are not tech savvy IE older relatives. I'm no fanboy as "I'm a P.C." but I love my iPhone. My gs was good the 4 is great & sence the camera reviews are showing the 4 as better then the others with FaceTime there is no camparison to the Droids etc. Oh wait with verizion you can choose to use the phone or everything else. Without multitasking while on the phone the other options are weak. Yes AT&T service sucks but I can live with that untill another carrier will let me map my directions, buy tickets & search the web while on the phone.

• Anshul kakkar
    Anshul kakkar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey can anyone tell me when dev team is releasing jb tool for ios 4 ( for newer bottom version )

• Ur
    Ur Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Drdirty
    Drdirty Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Facetime is worthless because if you don't have wireless it is useless. Most places in the world have no wifi. Or you may have to pay for wifi access.
    Let users have the option of wifi or airtime.

• Gmcnutt
    Gmcnutt Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Get jailbroke, and trick FaceTime into thinking wifi connected. App on Curia that tricked YouTube!

• I
    I Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

You're right, three quarters of the world is covered in water, WE NEED WIFI EVERYWHERE!

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

hey dude ,,,,don't crack joke i don't think that this "tomorrow" will come as early as 1 month or so !!

• endri
    endri Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

its going to take a while!!

• endri
    via Wordpress

soon there will be a Skype update that will allow users to make calls over wifi. for the first few months this app will be free and beginning next year skype is going to charge people. I havent heard anything about how it might work with iPhone 4 and other iPhones but it is probably going to have some better features than facetime. With that being said, small data plans are going to get in the way!!!!

• endri
    via Wordpress

sorry!!! make calls over cellular network!!!

• rekuhs
    rekuhs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I really cant stand Steve Jobs arrogance.

• Superman
    Superman Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Just turn off facetime - setting-phone- facetime -off and then you will have your hold back

• ur a muppet
    ur a muppet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

get jailbroke? theres a jailbreak for iphone 4? where is it then?