Discoloration Issue On iPhone 4's Retina Display Disappears After Bonding Agent Dries Up?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDiscoloration Issue On iPhone 4's Retina Display Disappears After Bonding Agent Dries Up?

Several users have been reporting issues with discoloration on their newly purchased iPhone 4 unit. As we had reported that these users have noticed areas of yellow or brown splotches on the retina display of the new iPhone 4. We have now learned that this issue could be due to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andy
    via Wordpress

If this was a Microsoft product this would get sooooo much publicity. I'm no fanboy, I'm writing this on my 3GS, but is Microsoft did this there would be an apple comercial wit that smug @$$hole from waiting bragging how apple roxs. I love apple products but I hate apple the company. There double standard, smugness, and know it all egotistical personality is effing annoying. It reminds menof that south park episode were everyone drives a hybrid and smells there own farts because there sooooo smug. I bet apple smells there own farts.

• Andy
    via Wordpress

Sorry for ranting. I had to get that off my chest. I love all good consumer products and hate fanboys and coperate bashing. The only Microsoft product i own is a windows 7 pc and a xbox. Both work like charms but some how they both get bad press. I own a Mac and a 3GS and both work like charms. In fact the Mac gives me more problems than the win7 pc does.

• christina
    christina Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i had the discoloring on my phone and went to the Apple Store last night. They said I was the first person to come into our store with that issue so I am guessing it's not a widespread problem .. maybe.

Anyway they swapped mine out for new one even though they suggested it may disappear in a day or two. They said they wanted to 'capture' it so that the engineers could study the phones with this issue in an effort to solve it for the future. Not sure this is company - wide but that is what happened with mine.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

I haven't suffered any discolouration on my screen at all
    Haven't suffered any signal loss either
    No O2 sim transfer woes
    No Jailbreak worries

I love my 3Gs :-)

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Lmao - good man, even better on 3.1.2 ;p

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

decided to go with os4 on my 3Gs/16 mate, looking to trade it for a Dell Streak
    Keeping my 3G/8 & 3Gs/8 though, Gs(8) is on 3.1.2 & 3G is 3.1

If you know anyone with a Dell Streak who may want a straight swap, you have my mail addy :-)