Rumor: Verizon iPhone Launching In January 2011

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRumor: Verizon iPhone Launching In January 2011

The rumor mills are at it yet again. A new report from Bloomberg claims that Verizon Wireless will start selling Apple's iPhone from early next year. According to Bloomberg's sources, Apple's exclusive partnership with AT&T will end with the launch of iPhones on Verizon in January 2011. Speculations over AT&T...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

1st. 4g's comin soon. Lol

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Unlikely the iPhone will launch in January 2011 with another carrier, an announcement will be made then but not the device itself, besides it doesn't fit their typical rollout window, so I say June/July 2011. Personally I'm sticking with AT&T

• Alek
    Alek Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Verizon customer service blows donkeys so staying with AT&T

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

oringally iphone was supposed to go with verizon but verizon wanted too much control over the iphone. I'll stick with att. verizon has a habit of taking out features of many phones so they can charge you to add those features

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

when Dev team is planning to release jb f0r 3gs running ios 4 (new bootrom) ????

• Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

102 hours, 47 minutes, and 26 seconds.... Oh wait, no one knows. They'll get to it when they can. I'm sure this is the most hectic part of the year from them. Just keep following their blog.
    BTW, this really doesn't have anything to do with the article.

• Kewlj1313
    Kewlj1313 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

They were just talking about this on CNN.... perhaps confirmed?!

• aas
    aas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

who cares and give me jailbreak for new bootrom on 3gs and iphone! :)

• yech
    yech Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

personally I can careless who has what phone or if verizon is better or not, I have an iPhone and that's what matters.

• Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I like AT&T because i get good coverage where I live and when customers go to Verizon, maybe AT&T will get have a better network since less iphone users mean less strain in the network.

• Clepto
    Clepto Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

You know, maybe this person was concerned about when the JB would be available as part of their decision to stay with AT&T or go with Verizon. Who knows. I don't, and neither do you. You were probably the one who took names when the teacher left the room.

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I'd like a iPhone on a carrier that offers unlimited data though. Isn't AT&T the only phone company without a unlimited option

• Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

AT&T does offer unlimited data but now the plan was removed. If you were an iphone user before June, you had the option of keeping your unlimited data or switch to the new plans. If you were a new user, u have to use one of the new plans.

• IL_MissKitty
    IL_MissKitty Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Verizon doesn't care about their customers. I wanted to buy the Storm when it first came out two months before my contract was up. It didn't matter that I had been a customer for over 10 yrs, they wanted full price. I figured if I was going to spend the money I would go to AT&T and buy an iPhone. Very glad I did. I don't plan on going back to Verizon.

• Brian K
    Brian K Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Well so i was right!!! That is the reason why AT&T allowed people, who was eligible in 2010, to upgrade early. They knew they would lose customers to Verizon if customers knew it was gonna be coming to Verizon.

• JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

This rumor has been around since the first iPhone. First off, Apple's contract with AT&T is up in April, so January makes no sense. They can announce it but until the obligation is filled Verizon will have to wait until after April. I also agree with the fact that Verizon wanted more control over the phone which wasn't gonna happen, hopefully Verizon will keep the phone the same, I just wait and see. If Verizon does sell the iPhone, I will do the same thing I'm doing with AT&T, just buy the phone, no contract, that way I can just go right back if things get sour.

• iPhone Rumors
    iPhone Rumors Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I certainly hope so... But I'm not gonna be holding my breath on this one.

• Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Hi everyone , if Verizon starting to sell iphones will their iphones be jailbreak?