Apple's Training Document On iPhone 4 Reception Issues Leaked; Users Report - Apple Offering Free Bu

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Training Document On iPhone 4 Reception Issues Leaked; Users Report - Apple Offering Free Bumper? Fix Coming Soon?

Boy Genius Report claims that it has received a copy of Apple’s internal training document to help its AppleCare reps handle customer complaints regarding iPhone 4’s widely publicized reception issues. According to the leaked document, Apple continues to take a stance that nothing is wrong with iPhone 4’s new antenna...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hootie
    Hootie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Didn't know that I was supposed to go to AppleCare - thought fix was coming...

It's like the problem with the Wii

• Kewlj1313
    Kewlj1313 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

My Video Here explaining how I got a free bumper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uptR4KNFga8

• Tick
    Tick Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I don't know what you guys are whining about. Since getting my iPhone 4 I've had ZERO dropped calls. And my signal is better than ever.
    Other than a couple of issues I have with the multitasking interface and the limit on the number of apps you can put into a folder...
    I wouldn't trade my iPhone 4 for anything else.
    By the way...
    My 3GS sucked when it came to dropped calls and signal.

• Spazcase1
    Spazcase1 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I have seen multiple people have issues with so many different features.. Me and my wife... None. Tons of issues can be resolved by "setting up as new iPhone" rather than restoring from a 3GS backup. It won't fix the "holding the bands" reception issue.. But the proximity sensor issue as well as many "firmware issues" people are having.. Set it up as a new iPhone, and sync everything from there... It worked for everyone I've seen do it..

• nonoie
    nonoie Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

i just went to apple today and they exchange my iphone 4 coz i have discoloration issue...and i tell him but still i loose signal when u grab the phone..he said don't hold the iphone in the lower end especially in the black line...told him how do u hold your phone, i know u must hold your phone in the lower part, but avoid touching it there...whats with that...

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

When I got to the apple store, they told me to hold correctly and will not give me free bumper.

• Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Bought iPhone 4 on launch day and have had reception problems from the beginning. Not antennae issue cause I've had a bumper on it since I got it (due to the fact that the Apple salesperson lied and said the bumper is the only case that will be available except different colors coming). Paid the 29$ for the bumper and still doesn't help the reception cause it has 0 bars when charging on the table. Also noticed that when trying to connect to a web site via 3G, it takes like 5 minutes to load. Never had this or any other problem with my 3GS. Also have the sensor issue and I hang up on everyone with my cheek or earlobe. Way to go Apple!! F&$@%#rs!! Not a cool beginning. They better fix this thing!

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

The bottom left side of the phone where it has the 'slit', the little gap in the metal bands, try not to place your palm on that.

• Perth Lawyers
    Perth Lawyers Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I feel so good that..I didnt buy it at the first place. I wanna wait till everything is done

• Tennis Academy Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Humm....hold correctly...jeez..

• Bigsl0ppy
    Bigsl0ppy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Options-Phone-enable face time
    copy

• Brooke
    Brooke Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I've setup both of our new iPhone 4's as a new phone and both my wife and I are still experiencing this issue. It's not an intermitant problem but one that is constant. I've called Apple and was told that they would not send me a bumper or anything else to fix it because they say it's not broke or a design flaw. But they did say that I could BUY a bumper and that it might help resolve my issue. At that point it was all I could do not to fly into a berserker rage on the phone at the Apple rep guy. He took my serial numbers for both of my phones and said that if there was any change in the status of my complaint they would contact me. After that conversation I called up AT&T and asked them about their return policy and was told it was 30 days from date of purchase. But they also told me that there is a 10% restocking fee. When I told them that my phones weren't working like they were supposed to, they said that it wasn't considered a manufacturers defect or flaw and that they would not give a full refund.

This is getting beyond frustrating.

• Come on apple get it together
    via Wordpress

I just called...they ask you to reset network settings. I said I tried it, she offered a senior rep/supervisor to talk into "getting a little more help" after I told her I'm not paying for a bumper. She put the rep/supervisor on and the guy offered me a free bumper. Via fed ex. I'm waiting lol

• Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress

I got escalated to a Sr. Rep and he told me that they won't be giving out free bumpers anymore. He said that they did at first before they knew that this was a major problem and that in any event they are all out of bumpers so they couldn't send me one if they wanted to do so.

He also said that Apple is well aware of the problem and that there would definitely be a fix...probably software/firmware in the next several days or so. He assured me that there is no way that 1.7 million people will be left in the lurch.

• Bigboy
    Bigboy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Wii
    Wii Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Apple plis die and go bankcrupt! once again...

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

same garbage reception with the iPhone 3GS, NEXUS 1 AND IPHONE 4 - IVE TESTED ALL 3 PHONES AND IN LONG ISLAND THEY ALL SUCK EQUALLY FOR RECEPTION

• Arran
    Arran Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Im so sick of this reception
    Problem. Apple offered me a free bumper but have not seen it yet. Further more i dont give q **** about the bumper because i dont case my phone anyways, i dock it in my motorcycle and its a pita to always have to take it out! I never had this issue with my 2g, 3g or 3gs. Tbis is absolutly bull fucking ****! I am one pissed off customer. I went from praising all of apple's productz to bitching about em.

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

im glad i m still waiting.. but it sucks... this would be the first test i would think after moving the antenna to the frame of the body.. isnt ???

Apple sorry your answer is unacceptable... simply unacceptable.. even with providing free bumper... then please add that weight and size to your standard technical specification of iphone 4...

stocks will go down.

• Infosecgeek
    Infosecgeek Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

So... I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple. I started with an AppleCare rep and told him my problem. He tried to help, but couldn't do anything for me and couldn't comp me a bumper. He escalated to a Sr. rep and he told me that there should be an update coming as there have been MANY bugs reported with the new iOS 4. I asked him to comp me a bumper and he said he couldn't, I asked him to escalate me to someone that could. He put me on hold and the came back telling me that "I was holding it wrong" and that "internal testing showed that the iPhone 4 had better transfer speeds and thus a faster connection than the 3GS" he then told me that he HAD to say that and that he would be upset as well if he had an iPhone 4 and these issues.

I was then transferred to "customer relations" and the rep there regurgitated the same lines about me holding the phone wrong and the comparison between the iPhone 4 and 3GS. I asked to be escalated to HIS supervisor and so I was. She told me she couldn't do anything either and began to tell me I was holding it wrong and that the phone was faster than the previous model, blah, blah.

She said she couldn't comp me a bumper either and that she was the highest escalation point that I could reach. I asked her if she could really tell me that no one was comped
    a bumper and she said she couldn't say that. She said some people were promised bumpers and even received confirmations via email, but that those orders have all been cancelled.

If you want to call and ask for one or simply complain, here is her info as she is the customer relations supervisor (you can skip all the junior reps):

Kathy
    (512) 674-2500 Ext: 41513

• Dcrazyman
    Dcrazyman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

USA today is reporting that version is getting the iPhone 4 in January 2011 why haven't any one else said anything .

• Algonn
    Algonn Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

is these problems with the reception and proximity sensor worldwide or just in the US?

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Me too! What a disaterous launch. I'm happily using my 3.1.2 3GS thanks very much :)

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

worldwide, like the plague

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

lets see cant really say that looking at the demand and popularity of the iphone, lets face it overall its an amazing product.

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Running jailbreak on iPhone 4 now and no problems here. Don't ask about how to jailbreak it I have no permission to tell about the jb yet. Only thing I can say is that it will be reliesed very soon and UNEXPECTED

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Wow ppl really banding backward trying to get free case .Ill say if you don't like the phone just return it .get another one . And don't beg for free sh...t

• Lrs
    Lrs Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

no ones beging for **** we jus want a phone that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Miss my Golden 3GS
    via Wordpress

Before you diss the 3GS. I've got a Jailbroken 3GS with that's SuperCharged. I can do everything with it with minimal limititation. I've also got the 4G and haven't tried to use the new functionality because I know it'll suck. Your comments validate it too. Multitasking sucks and a limit on number of Apps? U Serious? I think I'm gunna reactivate my 3GS and sit on my 4G until the hacking community turns it into the golden phone that my 3GS currently is. Where you at GeoHot?! :) BlackRa1n Rules on 3GS!!!

• cuevrojamez
    cuevrojamez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i called apple and asked for the free do-it-yourself repair kit for the dropped calls/poor signal issue. the rep told me that he wasn't aware of any repair kit and just advised me to get a bumper or something like it.