How To Jailbreak iOS 4, iOS 4.0.1 Using Redsn0w For iPhone 3G Users [Mac]

2»

Comments

• schländer
    schländer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 does not work in combination with ios4.0.1 ipsw...it says: unable to recognize...bla...solution: use ios4.0 ipsw for redsn0w at step 8! that worked for me!

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, we have corrected it.

• Catdk
    Catdk Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

But then you don't get IOS4.0.1 on the iphone but 4.0!

• Catdk
    Catdk Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

After JB, i have no internet connection. Can anybody help?

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

it does not load,says not compatable with this device,also will only let me choose the iTune back up?

• masumproduction@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

i installed 4.0.1 and then tried to load it on redsn0w and i recieved an error, now i see that 4.0.1 wont work with redsn0w but now 4.0 wont restore onto my iphone. what to do?

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

Jailbroken and unlocked the 3G, everything working except from Youtube. It says "cannot connect to youtube". Any ideas what has happened?

• AlexB
    AlexB Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It doesnt look corrected. Just used ios4.0.1 ipsw with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and it is not able to recognize like reported by schländer.
    any idea?

• Sas
    Sas Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

hi James this also happened to me put i fixed it. you have to open cydia then go to manage
    then sources then look for iphonemodding click on it look for push fix and install it and this will fix youtube.

• Sas
    Sas Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i think that you should reset your network setting. i did it and it work for me. go to setting then general then reset then reset network settings.

• s22m94
    s22m94 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

does the data and mms work for 4.0.1? Please let me know!!

• Stax
    Stax Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I cannot get past step 5 because when I select my iPhone 3g from the left menu, all it says is "The SIM card inserted in this phone does not appear to be supported", since I already updated (that's how I found out I lost my jailbreak... good job, me). Help??

• Stax
    via Wordpress

Nevermind, looked elsewhere and found my answer =)

• Stax
    via Wordpress

Ok, I'm following the instructions, and I restored the phone, and it showed the same thing "The SIM card inserted... is not supported". I made it so it shows the options to update or restore again. Trying to select the IPSW, it says "unable to recognize specified IPSW". WHyyyy? =/

• Cutch
    Cutch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Riddle me this, Batman... Why does my 3G running iOS4.0 (8A293) with Modem Firmware 05.13.04 on iTunes 9.2 on a Mac always show the dreaded "this device isn't eligible for the requested build" message when I try to restore to iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw? I don't get it. Everything worked about a month ago for my same, exact iPhone and now won't work for my wife's. Did something change? Should I upgrade to 4.0.1 and try again? A little help please...

• riley
    riley Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

me too, I've unlocked and jailbroken the phone about 3 times and everything else works fine but I cant make or recieve calls or messages, it says call failed.

Any help?

• NoSpam
    NoSpam Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I still get the same error where redsnow 0.9.5b5-5 is not able to recognize the 4.0.1 ipsw? I followed the instructions for the 4.0.1 and it's not working. Are you suggesting we use 4.0 instead or is 4.0.1 suppose to work somehow?

• Andy
    via Wordpress

In step 8, you need to use the iOS 4.0 firmware file.

• NoSpam
    via Wordpress

Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Mac does not recognize the iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw firmware. I followed the instructions and I get the firmware not recognized error in redsn0w. iTunes will restore my 3G iPhone to the firmware just fine but once I'm suppose to open the firmware in redsn0w it fails!!! Has anyone had any luck with 4.0.1 firmware?

At this point it seems that redsn0w is broken for 4.0.1

• NoSpam
    via Wordpress

OK, I'm confused. I have 4.0.1 on my iPhone so iTunes will not load the 4.0 onto my phone. So the only option is for me to load 4.0.1 and then try to load 4.0.1 into redsn0w? Or are you suggesting for me to update my iPhone with 4.0.1 restore and then in redsn0w open 4.0 instead?! I thought I was suppose to use the _current_ phone firmware ?

Thank you.

• Andy
    via Wordpress

In step 8, you need to select the iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw firmware file rather than the iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw file even if you are trying to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1. In the earlier steps, you have already restored your iPhone with iOS 4.0.1.

• Xue
    Xue Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Good! Following the instructions i done it well by Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5(win) and iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw . Now i am free!Thanks.

• kenny
    kenny Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

no wifi...greyed out..please help

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Hi i´m downloading the restore files but i dont get the ipsw file i get a lot of different files

How can i get the file from the zip you guys suggest to download it

thanks!