Is AT&T Capping Data Upload Speeds For iPhone 4 Users?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIs AT&T Capping Data Upload Speeds For iPhone 4 Users?

MacRumors is reporting that iPhone 4 users from a number of locations across the US have observed significant drops in data upload speeds on AT&T's 3G network. We had reported just a few days back that iPhone 4 users were seeing significant improvement in upload speeds as it supports HSUPA...

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I'm seeing this problem as well. Just did a Speedtest.net test from Phoenix, and I am getting 66kbps upload speed. Shitty.

• mr Notiq
    mr Notiq Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

It appears as though the upload cap has improved my iP4 3G download speed when I'm in Philadelphia during work hours. I was having d/l speed issues from 10:30am to 4:30pm only on iP4 until they capped the upload speed. It's almost as if they traded u/l speed for d/l speed. This is the experience of me and my boys at work in the Phliadelphia area. We only experienced the d/l speed issues on iP4's, in Philadelphia, during these hours. Until now. Who needs to upload that fast from a phone anyway... ;D!

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

I want an iPhone 4 pretty bad (currently have a 2yr old 3G), but honestly am glad not be one of the first early adopters.

This is the most problematic iphone yet. Surprising, but that's the price of being an early adopter (you have to deal with all the bugs- hardware/software/carrier issues).

Still waiting for the iphone 4 jailbreak. Once that comes, I'll get an otterbox defender case and I'm set.

Do wish Apple would pick up a different carrier though. That would be the biggest improvement for iphone.

• Joker69
    Joker69 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Will this bullshit ever end...!?

I guess if the iPhone started on a different network or maybe more than one network at a time of launch, this would not be happing...

I too am glad I still have my iPhone 2G...

At least it still works good as a phone, not caring to much I am still on the EDGE network...

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I just got 1.62Mbps down and 1.04Mbps up with SpeedTest.Net on my iPhone 4. I live in northwest Arkansas and I haven't had any problem with my iPhone 4. Everything works perfect, no antenna problem, no upload speed problem, and no camera problem, just a little bit of problem with proximity sensor, put my call on speaker in the middle of a meeting! :D

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

man I've had about enough of the crap with it's phone thinking I'm taking it back to store on Friday . Going back to verizon this phone is so nice but has so much stuff wrong plus I'm dropping calls like mad

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Silly rabbit, otterbox defender isn't for IP4!

• Yo Papa
    Yo Papa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Not Yet anyway... in development.

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

How fast is the phone capable of and how fast is at&t's network currently capable of? Im curious to know if the phone is limiting the top speed or if the networks is limiting it. Lets say this is a best case senario, your the one person on the network and try to ignore all the congestion issues. This is kind of a determining factor before I upgrade my current Iphone.

• A.E.
    A.E. Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

861 Kbps down and 673 Kbps up Chicago
    This is bullshit!

• victorinox
    victorinox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Denver Metro: 1.2Mb down 0.06mb upload. Looks like it`s hitting the wall at 64Kps, tried different servers.

It was much faster a week ago.

I hate AT&T motherfuckers....

• nonoie
    nonoie Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

got .75mps download & .96mbps upload speed( Ft Lauderdale ,Florida)

• Triver
    Triver Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Seattle 1.1mb D - 102kbs U

I have noticed the service in Seattle has been getting sluggish lately.

• branden Reagin
    branden Reagin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Auburn,Al 2.8mb download--577 kbs upload
    Faster than ever, but this is my second iphone 4.....

• A White Dude
    A White Dude Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

southern california--- 1.2 mb down 1012 kbps up
    seems decent enough to me

• Who
    Who Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

OMFG! How much crap can you americans take? Isnt it time to send them rockets at ATT HQ?

Iam on 3G with my 3GS and I got 3463Kbits/s on DL speed and 196Kbits/s on UL speed at max!

Currently in Osaka, Japan!

ATT sucks on everything and network speeds!

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

I got 1927 kbps and 19kbps (1.88Mbps .02 Mbps) in Indianapolis Indiana

• Bradley
    Bradley Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I just got 1064kbps / 535kbps (1.04 / .52) in Indianapolis using the server in Chicago.

Using the Indianapolis server I have gotten;

2122kbps / 877kbps (2.07 / .86)
    622kbps / 717kbps (.61 / .7) - Yes DL was slower than UL
    524kbps / 486kbps (.51 / .47)

Sadly, those last two results using the Indianapolis server are closer to my normal results. I have times when my connection is blazing fast (for a phone), but most of the time it is crap.

I hate to say it, but I am regretting leaving Sprint and getting this phone (in regards to data speed).

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

Last week (6/30) got 1623 kbps down and 1511 kbps up here in Detroit.

Today, I'm getting 1392 kbps down and 94 kbps up (using Speedtest.net app)

Just tried the Xtreme Labs version, and got 1910 kbps down and 209 kbps up.

Either way, both upload speeds suck compared to last week, and I can't imagine it's the phone, as it worked fine last week.

What the F', AT&T?!

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

I got a 3gs and had a max of 6.5m up and .31m down in SC.

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

I met 6.5m down and .31m up

• JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

I would have to say the network is limiting the speed. The phone is just a small receiver so it really has no top or bottom. Whatever signal it receives is what it puts out. If it were on multiple networks, then the issue would probably be the phone. Only China and Europe can really answer that question tho since they have the phone on multiple networks

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Go to the website, it's not available yet, but they are making it. Wise up before commenting.