Installing Nintendo games on your iPhone made easy with hands-on tutorial

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageInstalling Nintendo games on your iPhone made easy with hands-on tutorial

One of the iPhone hacks that has generated a lot of interest has been the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) emulator for the iPhone. iPhone hacking genius, NerveGas had earlier this week released the release candidate 1 (RC1) of the NES emulator. However, one of the issues with the iPhone hack...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Actually Mark at HackTheiPhone.com has had a tutorial up for a little while.

• Alyssa
    Alyssa Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Followed these directions and it appeared to install (got the NES icon), but running it just gives me a blank screen. I can change the "Preferences" and that's it. :\

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Alyssa,

Did you also install the NES games?

Based on your comments it seems like you have only installed the NES emulator but not the games which is another step.

There is a link above to Gizmodo which has the instructions to install the games.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem as Alyssa, I have two games in my directory but the only thing I can do is view preferences

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You might find the comments from Natetrue & JesusDiaz mentioned below useful which were posted on Gizmodo's original post on the tutorial:

BY NATETRUE AT 08/23/07 03:33 PM

Hey, just wanted to give you the heads-up - in iBrickr 0.7 (just released) you can install ROMs directly from the Applications view, no messing about with creating folders (that's all done behind the scenes, automatically).

Also you can install NESapp directly from iBrickr's application list if you don't want to bother with Installer (though it is a cool app).

BY JESUSDIAZ AT 08/24/07 02:38 AM

If your ROMs are not showing:

1. Check the name path. Correct capitalization is necessary. Otherwise it won't work.

2. Check out your files are the correct ones. They should be filename.nes. Unlike MAME, it's not the ZIP you have to transfer.

3. If all that's correct, one time my NES got stuck and didn't show up new games. I restarted the iPhone, went to NES and it was all there.

• Alyssa
    Alyssa Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ahh... ROMs. yeah, that WOULD make sense. thanks guys. lovin' my tetris :)

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

hi I got the games to play but when I click save game it won't save, it doesn't show on saved games

• stephan
    stephan Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

I already have my phone jailbroken, but don't have installer on it. If I put installer on it, will i lose all the apps and get rid of cydia?

• poep
    poep Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

let's play som tetris motherfocker