How To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) Users With SHSH Blobs (Windows)

Comments

• Jackz
    Jackz Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Libusb messed up my USB, lost my keyboard and mouse, I'm a quite computer savvy an knew a system restore would do the trick but had no idea how to do it without a mouse and keyboard, and mine dont have old style plugs just usb... So had to pay dell £40 + 2hr call to sort it.... From my experience of this I suggest u use quickpwn to get out of restore loop, works perfect, is simpler and is less of a risk! (for win 7, 64bit users)

• mak2204
    mak2204 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi
    I followed all instructions. I also need to download the payload files as I couldn't create them for some reason. Anyway once all was downloaded I ran ibooty, I got the icon/logo on th eiphon. I then went to restore using custom firmware but I get the following error "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (23)

Can any one shed any light on this. The reason for doing the upgrade was that I was using my jawbroken 3GS 3.1.2 on the motorway. I was actually using TomTom and I lost signal after a few minutes I got a message saying I will need to re sync with itunes. I don't remember the exact message. All I know I lost all signals "No Services" "NO wifi" Grayed out and also "No Bluetooth" the phone was jailbroken a few days earlier with Blakrain.

Please please help

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Sorry to hear about your issue. We've updated the post to warn readers about it.

• pearljamaaron
    pearljamaaron Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yea I get the same problem! any Help would be greatly appreciated~!

• DOWNGRADER
    DOWNGRADER Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

sorry no downgrade 4 u =( if u DID NOT save ur SHSH then u CANT NOT downgrade. i dont know if i did and tried anyways and it worked for me but (lol so i guess i saved mine =) *thumbs up*) after that was a bigger pain in the ass... i had to find a way to kick my iPhone out of recovery mode and this is my solution 1. find ECID 2 TinyUmbrella and then kick out of recovery mode and then SYNC with old 3.1.3 sync wont work with 4.0 sync YAY then redsn0w JAILBRREAK FTW!!

• Locked3GsUSER
    Locked3GsUSER Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

100% agree with this comment. There are too many requirements that most people simply do not meet. So please stop getting peoples hopes up with the same methods that has been out since the release day of iOS 4. Thanks.

• Jackz
    Jackz Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

IVe found that YouTube does not work on my 3GS when I jailbreaked using sn0wbreeze... I've read a few solutions on the net but nothing definitive, have you experienced this problem, and if so do you know a solution that you have tested?

• KOTF
    KOTF Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My hopes were kinda high when I saw this msg.

• Kelvin
    Kelvin Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hi, my iphone is a 3gs w/ ios4 and holding an older bootrom(used idetector) so is it still possible for my phone to jb? previously i had jb my phone using spirit.. but after upgraded to ios4 now everythn have retored to original settings.. so is my phone still capable of jb?

another thing i would like to know is that, if using snowbreeze, must my phone be already jailbroken only it will work?

hope to recieve a reply asap.. thank u

• A Hacked Soul
    A Hacked Soul Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am already on 4.0, but I have SHSH stored for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, so can i still jailbreak?

• skasol
    skasol Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

newiOS4User, would you be kind enough to send me the payload files, payload pwner isn't working for me at all. I got everything else worked out except for that. it doesn't generate anything. skasol@hotmail.com please. or anyone else that has these files. it would be greatly appreciate it. thanks.

• skasol
    via Wordpress

philious everything worked fine for me. what trouble are you having?

• skasol
    via Wordpress

what's the problem, did you downgrade to 3.1.2? where are you stuck?

• skasol
    via Wordpress

where did you get the payload files, I need them as well. would you be kind enough to email them or link them for me please. skasol@hotmail.com

thanks in advance. that's where I am stuck.

• Roy
    Roy Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    The same happend for me, do you have any idea how to fix this?

• Roy
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    did you used the PC tutorial or the mac tutorial?

i used the mac tutorial

• Roy
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    have you recieved the files?
    can you please send them over to roy.mosko@gmail.com.

Thanks

• irfan
    irfan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

hi i have a iphone 3gs 16gb os 4
    it's factory unlock but i am unable to install apps which i have not download form itune store please help me to install apps

i get this error msg "the application was not installed on the iphone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8008001)

wht should i do to solve the problem

• Me n Me
    Me n Me Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Don't Waste your Time
    Just Wait for Jailbreak Release is coming soon
    Don't Try Jailbreak OS4....

• MichaelC
    MichaelC Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This might sound ridiculous but I have an iphone 3GS with the new botroom but with 3.0 OS, if I were to upgrade to IOS 4 in the near future, is it mandatory that I have 3.1.2? or can I simply upgrade directly from 3.0 to IOS 4? Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

• godwin
    godwin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm on emergency screen for 3 months on iphone 3gs 3.1.3 old boot non mc model rom can i unlock my phone ? how?

• rief
    rief Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

payload Pwner for the 3GS
    link is broken..

• irfan
    irfan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

please some one reply

• AdamsMoon
    AdamsMoon Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

when i open my iphone it show only a picture of the earlier owner and a red band in the top says , iphone deactivate connect to iTunes no applications nothing
    -my iphone is 4.0 i'm very confused , maybe i have to wait more days

• Fazal
    Fazal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Viola!!! It worked for me. But could not unlock.. :(

• Nadine Alsibai
    Nadine Alsibai Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Help would be appreciated. I have my SHSH blobs backed up on Cydia and I followed Saurik's then used the iBSS catcher. But when iTunes is restoring my DFU mode iPhone 3GS, I keep getting an error number.

• Ascens1on
    Ascens1on Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

links for payload and ibooty don't seem to work no long anyone know an alternative to get these 2? thanks

• Nadine Alsibai
    Nadine Alsibai Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

BY the way the phone has to already be on os 4 in the first place right? or 3.1.3? I have mine on original os 4 and it's not working like i said in my above comment

• Albert
    Albert Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Hey I have iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 but on cydias main page it has the shsh blob as 3.1.3, is it possible for me to jailbreak to 4.0?

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

wtf is a shsh blob ??? [please anyone explane how do i get one i just bought a 3gs like a week ago so its gotta be the newest shed some light