How To Downgrade iPhone 3G From iOS 4 To iPhone OS 3.1.3

Options

Comments

• shorty
    shorty Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    those who are only getting the option to update and restore click on the the restore button while holding the alt/option then finder will pop up and you can find the ispw.currently downgrading from 4.1 to 3.1.3 on G4 ibook PPC
  • Nihilix
    Nihilix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I can't believe everyone backed up their iphones before upgrading to 4.0 and i didn't. ****... I can't restore it. Isn't there any other way to downgrade without losing all my data?
  • Dark Cobra
    Dark Cobra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    do i have to save my shsh beacuse i'm usin iphone 3g locked on at&t in syria
  • Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi all!upgraded iphone 3G to 4.2.1 and now i cannot make/receive phone calls.Im only able to use the internet PLEASE advise me on how to go about getting the phone back to normal.Thank you
  • pbpb
    pbpb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I hate you guys.I spent 3 hours finding what was going wrong. i downgraded itunes numerous times.ITS NOT ALT CLICK at RESTORE ITS SHIFT CLICK :x
  • Quim
    Quim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi!! i am just a new user of iphone 3g with a firmware 4.2.1.. i decided to downgrade it to 3.1.3 since i have heard that that firmware is faster.. But unfortunately, when i turn my iphone on, the msg slice for emergency calls appears.. so i am now not able to use my iphone.. could you help me with this issue?
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thanks mate worked like charm, I can use my iphone 3g again after the s**t upgrade to ios 4 THANK YOU.Apple you're a rip-off why do you let people upgrade their 3G to IOS 4 since it's not for thesedevices ?
  • sms spy
    sms spy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    so, i want to fully understand this... if you had a jailbroken 3.1.3 phone you can downgrade from os4 back to 3.1.3? and, if you go through the restore process and get back to 3.1.3, what about all phone info like contacts, texts, apps etc...??
  • Nick DJ
    Nick DJ Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi guys ive been trying everything all of this crap and nothing worked for me i have iphone 3g and i ugraded form 3.1.3 version to 4.2.0 and thats was stupid so now im trying to downrade to 3.1.3 version and i have windows 7 64 bit system .. and this is really F.UP. i tried all of this steps not only on this website but on many and nothing woked for PLEASE HELP THANKS.
  • Nick DJ
    via Wordpress
    Options
    why am i want to downgrade my iphone because i dont have a service anymore when i upgraded to 4.2.0 so i went to Tmobile and i thought that thats my sim card but its not so i google and i find out that you dont need to upgrade because you will loose your service
  • Nick DJ
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ok and another problem whrn im doing this steps everything going fine....than im opening my itunes and its telling me message ohh this sim card does not support the iphone somthing like that so thats dosent matter when im going to jailbreak with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 im trying to locate the ipsw file that ive been restoring with 3.1.3 and its says that unable to recognize BUT WHEN IM LOCATING THE 4.2.0 ITS SHOWING SUCCSES WHAT THE HELL so everything what i did its for nothing ??????????????
  • zerg2x
    zerg2x Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You just have to insert a valid sim and connect it thru itune. your sim must be the original network like at&t and tmobile. gudluck men..
  • Leela
    Leela Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It seems to do everything perfectly but when it gets to updating the iPhone and when the error message shows it shuts the iPhone off and I attempt to open RecBoot and I still click Exit Recovery Mode and it just stays on that? Is there any reason why it just stops dead at this point ?:SThanks !
  • Qua
    Qua Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked like a charm!
  • JONY
    JONY Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thanks. it works!!
  • Yazeer
    Yazeer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried to reset factory settings of my iphone using the iphonehome>setting>general>reset..without connecting the iphone to the itunes.Process took very long and now iPhone is in freezing mode.I tried to restore using the above method but it shows the error "iphone iphone could not be restored unknown error occurred (2003)".Can anyone help please..Thanks in advance..
  • Tri
    Tri Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you...Peffectly it works on my iphone...
  • Mehmet
    Mehmet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked for me,just follow the steps as it says but I had to use shift key+restore to get in to the search window ..wasnt alt button..it worked anyways,thanks a lot
  • Mehmet
    Mehmet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    dont forget visiting www.jailbreakme.com afterwards ..to jb ur phone..there might be people who dont know yet how to do it
  • owen
    owen Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you! You've saved my life!!!
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • frank bruno
    frank bruno Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    works fucking great on windows 7 followed to the t worked great thanks a lot
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just wanted to thank you, my 3G was slow as crap and literally seems to be running like lightening now. Cheers :)
  • Xaris
    Xaris Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Leela, i'm ready to downgrade my iPhone 3G to iOS 3.1.3 but i'm afraid if something like that go wrong.i downloaded iOS 3.1.3, RecBoot 1.3 & libusb-win32-bin-1.2.5.0.is that ok? did you find out how to resolve a problem like that?
  • hbhelp
    hbhelp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    HELP!! when i download the restore file it's saving as a zip drive and not as a .ipswWhen i hold shift and press "restore" it doesn't find the file i downloaded bc it won't save as .ipsw it only saves as .zipam i doing something wrong??
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried it and had the same experience - emergency only dial screen. Was working fine before.
  • Borze
    Borze Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i dont get what the last program is for... that libsusb
  • MaryMak
    MaryMak Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked great for me. Thank you!
  • MaryMak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It keeps iTunes from showing your phone as being in recovery mode so that you can set it up as a new phone or restore from a pre-iOS4 backup.
  • MaryMak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oops. Never mind - I see you're on Windows. My comment was for the Mac program. Carry on...