How To Resolve Syncing Issues With Microsoft Exchange In iOS 4

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Resolve Syncing Issues With Microsoft Exchange In iOS 4

Users who have upgraded their iPhones to iOS 4 may have experienced delays while syncing with Microsoft Exchange. These users may notice that applications like Exchange ActiveSync Mail, Contacts and Calendar take an inordinate amount of time while connecting to the server or while syncing data. Apple has now released...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ronnie
    Ronnie Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Yeah I had this problem since I upgraded. It got real annoying when i started replying to long emails and i would save a draft (or at least i thought i did) and the measage never reached the server so i had to retype Glad to see Apple is on top of it. We'll see if I have any other problems.

• Ronnie
    Ronnie Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Push doesnt seem to be as fast as pre-iOS4

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Im on 3GS iOS 4 but I got error on step 1. Safari could not download

Any help?

• k.rock
    k.rock Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4 - does anyone know of a hack to enable the camera and safari? My company has these features disabled, not as a security concern, but rather because they think that you must have an Exchange Enterprise CAL to enable them (or not disable). Any Exchange Admins out there that can comment on how confusing the language is?

I know that I can enable it if I can get root access, but waiting on the Dev Team, which I think is waiting on 4.01/4.1; Seems everyone is just waiting...

• PAP
    PAP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Seems to error only on jailbroken iOS4 when using the link method but if sent as an attachment works fine.

My 3G (jailbroken today on iOS4 - thanks for the instructions) would only work if the support file was sent as an attachment.

My 3GS (legally unlocked iOS4 but not JB - still on O2) worked using the click link in Safari method.

So if you are having trouble try the attachment method.

:-)

PS. I did trace the source back to the actual Apple KB Article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3398 to be 100% sure it was done right.

• brad markoff
    brad markoff Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I installed the patch on the iPhone4, and my calendar still does not sync ??

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Did mot work for me either.

• Marni
    Marni Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Duplicated my contacts to 45,000+ Now what do I do? Anyone else have this problem?

• bester
    bester Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i installed the patch but my 3gs still says unable to verify account

• Melissa
    Melissa Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Profile update did not work. Running iOS 4.2.1 3GS.
  • Capul
    Capul Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I don't have problems with the mail only with contacts, before when i create/modify a contact in outlook, the iphone update it. Now, it's a problem the 2 ways (outlook or iphone), some contact have no numbers. what's happening?
  • Kev
    Kev Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Works great . Thanks
  • John Painter
    John Painter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Since Apple released iOS5 there have been a number of reports of people unable to log into their corporate Exchange accounts. There are several methods you can try to get your iPad, iPhone, Touch to connect to your Exchange server, this is one of the easiest to do and is often overlooked since Apple says in the Exchange set up on your device that entering the Domain name is optional. It is not. Delete your current Exchange account on your device. Then create a new Exchange account, but this time enter the Domain and everything else. You must enter Domain, and it must be a new set up and you should connect fine, I've slapped up a quick tutorial on You Tube http://youtu.be/rYQoY_eQOTs if you have any question. If not you'll want to try the other methods such as removing iCloud - resetting your network settings and then setting up Exchange. Good luck