Consumer Reports Can't Recommend iPhone 4 Due To Reception Problems

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageConsumer Reports Can't Recommend iPhone 4 Due To Reception Problems

Consumer Reports, a popular product review and comparison organization has just announced that it can’t recommend iPhone 4 due to its widely publicized reception problems. This is a u-turn from its initial report where it had felt that the iPhone 4 issues were not significant enough for users to avoid...

Read the full story here

Comments

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

Well, thanks guy's - it's nothing we all didn't already know

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

cant wait to go home and duck tape my new phone tonight.... Having a iphone duct tape party at my house 9pm est tonight hope everyone can come lol

• Alessandro
    Alessandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

The iPhone has better antenna then previous phone it doesnt drop calls. The signal bars dont mean anything on digital phone it either works or it doesnt. Even it hold the way it drop bar it doesnt really drop calls. iPhone and ATT use a formula to calculate the bar so people can get an actual visual of the signal. However it doesnt mean anything it works or it doesnt. There has been tests comparing to previos iphones the iphone 4g antenna is still better.

• Geohot
    Geohot Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I have jailbroken iphone 4 and Im not giving you ****. But here's a picture to prove it. Remember to tell EVERYONE to you, asap!

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

geohots making a pearl in his vag

• Oreo Cookie
    Oreo Cookie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well after record breaking numbers in its first week..., Does this really matter...

• Shut up already
    Shut up already Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yes I have the issue. Yes I'm keeping it. Yes it's the iPhone. Still the best. Talk crap all day. Apple will continue to sell millions of phones. That's it. Go home. Stupid reception problem? Return the damn phone and don't cry about it. You bought it.

• nobber
    via Wordpress

True, cos the twats that purchased it first prob can't return it by now anyway.

• Roderick
    Roderick Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I agree! I have had only 5 drop calls in weeks! This is unreal with ATT. When you sell so many phones I'm pretty sure you will have some problems. If you are tired of your iPhone 4, sell it. I'm sure some of the million people will love to buy it!!!

• Noober Hater
    Noober Hater Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

do u understand what a 30 day return policy mean? if the phone came out on the 24th do the math

• Noober Hater
    Noober Hater Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i have an iPhone 4 also and have the same issues, so i returned it, but y the hell would u wanna keep a phone that doesnt work when u need it 2...just 2 say u have an iphone 4

• Gerard
    Gerard Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

I won't be returning my iPhone4 either. I have less dropped calls, areas where I only got edge I now get 3G. The death grip has happened to me on one occasion. I haven't been able to replicate it no matter how tight I hold the lower left corner to bridge the antenna.

• Alessandro
    Alessandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

No issues with mine, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

exactly i have not had any problems with mine and i live in the metroplex, however downtown dallas has a few patchy spots but its always have been a bad area for cellphones due to the obstructions

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

iPhone 4 works great on AT&T microcell. No matter how hard I squeeze it with my left hand, 5 bars!!! Hahahaha

• sor hai
    sor hai Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Truth
    Truth Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I had the problem until I reseated my SIM card. Now I only drop one bar at most when I bridge the gap on the phone. In truth the Phone is more usable then all previous models of the iPhone, I have had them all.

• MR.AHMAD
    MR.AHMAD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I HAVE A I PHONE 3G RUNNING OS 4.0 AND I HAVE BEEN LOSING SIGNAL AND GETTING IT BACK PERIODICALLY... MY COUSIN IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HIS PHONE. I DOUBT ITS APPLE JUST ITSELF BUT IT ALSO ATT THEY BOTH NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER AND FIGURE OUT THIS MESS... ITS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING I CANT TEXT OR CALL AT TIMES BECAUSE MY PHONE THINKS IT HAS NO SERVICE...FIVE YER OLD PHONES ARE BETTER THEN THE IPHONE IT IS SAD THAT THEY CANT FIX SIMPLE ISSUES WITHOUT MAKING BIG DEALS OUT OF IT.... WE PAY THEM FOR QUALITY AND SERVICE AND THEY CANT EVEN PROVIDE THAT...

• Deaf in my eyes
    Deaf in my eyes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

WHAT DID YOU SAY? SPEAK UP SONNY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

• nobber
    via Wordpress

Lmao sorry, looks like my math is as bad as your idol Apples is for calculating signal data.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

and i work in dallas, no dropped calls, no odd ball signal drops. in fact i travel between houston and dallas frequently and the signal has never been better. so im very glad to have skipped the 3gs and go for the iphone 4

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

I have the iPhone 4 and I never have reception problems. I bought my phone the 29th. People are stupid. I've never had a problem with my iPhone 4. I'm on it CONSTANTLY.

• freddieboy217
    freddieboy217 Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Mr Ahmed
    Why are you SHOUTING?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

"only 5 drop calls" lol, you shouldnt have ANY!

You macfans are so retarded, you'll all go out and buy the 4GS the day it comes out too, even tho all it will be is the one you've just bought with the aerial fixed!

Its great fun to watch you all queueing outside shops tho

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Okay Just because the CR doesn't recommend people from buying an iphone 4, it's not gonna happen. People will still buy them regardless of the issues. It's not just the iphone that gets dropped calls, most phones if not all phones will have that at some point in time.

Although I don't have an iphone 4 yet but I'm still going to get one regardless of the problem. it's been past 4 weeks already, and I'm sure Apple is working on the software update for the accuracy of the signal. As fast as the "grip of death" goes, I'm sure Apple is also working to fix that as they produce more iphones 4 over in China?

• Tennis Academy Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Now I think the decision I made to wait a while is right for sure.

• iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I wasn't going to comment on this but i can't keep mute due to ignorance from a lot of readers posting on this blog.

I am a big apple fan. I have own iphone 2G, 3G, and 3GS and will surely buy the iphone 4 but not until the signal problem is fixed.

It baffles me to see people calling others stupid because they have their iphone with issues.

Come on people, grow some f**king sense. Yes every mass production product comes with defects. Iphone 3GS came with some issues as well in the start but iphone 4 tops it all with way too many complains than ever before. Does it mean i won't buy one, Surely will because i'm used to the way it works, with the smoothness and all.

Bottom line is i love the iphone and i will surely buy the iphone 4 after the issues are fixed just like the iphone 3GS.
    Does it mean everyone has a problem with their iphone 4..NO
    Does it mean there are only a few people with problems..NO alot more
    Does it mean you are smart because yours work and others are stupid and whiners because theirs don't work..No.

If you iphone 4 works fine with no problems or you don't mind the 5 drops calls a week, just stick your head in you ass and STFU.

• Perth Lawyers
    Perth Lawyers Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hahaha...good for you