iOS 4 Safari Vs Android 2.2 (Froyo) Browser; Which One Is The Fastest Mobile Browser?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 4 Safari Vs Android 2.2 (Froyo) Browser; Which One Is The Fastest Mobile Browser?

Folks at Ars Technica and Engadget carried out some tests to find out whether Android 2.2 Froyo’s browser is faster than iOS 4’s Mobile Safari browser. They carried out the tests on Google’s Nexus One and Apple’s iPhone 4 to find out which one is the world’s fastest mobile browser....

Read the full story here

Comments

• iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Haha.. interesting to be saying i was first.

Anyway, These test always differs since i always get different result from different iphones and nexus i tried on

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

First!!!!
    IPhone 3G is painfully so slow that at times I want to smarch it on the floor.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Why not smash it instead?

• Competition
    Competition Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I guess they did it several times to make sure the tests and results were consistent. And Im sure people will get varying results due to their signal strengh. And it's interesting to see the development of Android in the span that it has been out. Very good for competiton and of course us customers. I wonder how things might change with Bada, Windows 7and Meego coming out. Hopefully they will push the competition further.

• 3g
    3g Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Yup especially if you're on 4.0. 3g is not worth upgarding. The only feature would the ability to edit playlists. Otherwise even without installing multitasking and wallpaper my 3g was still very slow and unstable. Downgraded to 3.12 last week and I'm happy

• pinalty
    pinalty Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

depends of which company ( apple or google ) pays this guys better to do this stupid tests .

• GetALife
    GetALife Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

A second or two - who cares. If your life is at the point where a second or two makes a difference in your choice of phone then you are too damn busy. Get the phone you like and then get on with your life.

• 3g
    via Wordpress

Is it possible to roll back a 4.0 3G iPhone to 3.1.3??

• Roderick
    Roderick Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Lets get real people. There is no comparison. Android user interface is crappy. Iphone is easy. Most and i say most who say the Iphone is crappy or slow has not had one. I have both! No comparison. If anything the Network needs improvement!

• Aru
    Aru Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

User interface on the Android platform crappy? You must have a garbage phone or not know how to customize your own device. Shameful statement. So your too lazy and love something simple, that is definitely one way to put it, but to say that there is no improvement is just idiotic and biased.

I have the iPhone 3GS, the G1, MT3G and I have used the MyTouch Slide. The OS is definitely easy, due to the beautiful touch screen on the iPhone, as far as actually interfaces though, the iPhone is standard, whereas the Android devices is Open Source and can therefor be changed to whichever way you wish to see it or access it.

I love all my devices, but your biased statement holds no weight in water pimpin.

• GetALife
    via Wordpress

Hey Roderick. GET A LIFE!!! It is a phone. Yes, a phone!

• GetALife
    via Wordpress

Hey Aru. GET A LIFE!!! It is a phone. Yes, a phone - 3GS, G1, MT3G blah blah blah. It makes calls and plays games and your music. Who cares which one you go with? Other than Roderick of course. Two or three seconds on a speed test is not a deal breaker regardless of which one YOU decide for yourself and YOUR needs.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

This test are inaccurate because each time the pages load different ads appear, some ads containing more data, thus longer load times.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
  • sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

off topic but I am having the proximity sensor issue.... should I go to apple store and try to see if they give me a new one?

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I have iPhone 3g and most say I haven't upgraded to 4.0 and from what I hear it's best I don't. But I got my mother in law a mytouch 3g and that phone is much faster then my iPhone. Not sure about the i4 but it's a quick phone. Tried the android market for the first time and damn apple makes the android market look like ****. I couldn't believe how unpolished that market was and still is. Love the way u can make your andorid phone yours by putting what ever u want in any page, but that multi tasking is a real killer with these android phones. I no ya don't care but I'm really feeling that samsung epic 4g. Just a very nice phone I no it's a samsung and ppl talk crap
    about them, but I think there getting much better.

• Injury Lawyer
    Injury Lawyer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I remebered I have seen a similar post long time before. bUt last time Iphone OS won. This time really surprised me

• Personal Injury Lawyers
    via Wordpress

Why wanna roll back anyway?

• Aru
    via Wordpress

So says someone whom posts in a website dedicated to news for the iPhone.. If it was just a phone for you as well, you would not have even bothered to come to such a website.

Just like in every other aspect of my life, I like to know and do everything that the opportunity is capable of pimpin. So as far as getting a life, this has nothing to do with it. Does not interrupt, actually adds to it with people asking of opinions and for you to make a review on something.

But yes, at the end of the day your preference is your preference and it is just a phone. Nice try on the simple statement though, cute. lol

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Yes but, you need to go back to older firmware which can be 3.1.2 or before that.
    Ask around or go YouTube.

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

No matter what they say, the performance results of this two phone won't make any change on iPhone lovers.
    The performance depends on how much stuff you have downloaded on the device, what kind of carrier you have in case you have unlocked it.
    Everyone awaits verizon iPhone next fall.
    I'm hang with this two year contract darndarn thing.

• kazuya
    kazuya Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have both 3GS and Nexus One running Froyo. I can vouch Froyo browser is faster but browsing experience is much better in Safari...

• mouseman
    mouseman Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Who cares about this comparisons? do people really care about the freaking milliseconds differences? sometimes the speed issue is due to the network the phone runs under. Android, IOS, Windows, etc... no mobile OS will never be better than the other one... they will always lack something or some things the other have.

Stop this nonsense and look for real "news". This site has nothing exclusive to talk about but the same old **** they've already posted...

• Bill Gates
    Bill Gates Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

iPhone is much better and greater. Android is not user friendly. It is also still not supporting other languages like Hebrew or Arabic.

• Aru
    via Wordpress

I do not see how the OS is not user friendly, also not supporting those two languages does not make the OS any less worthy than the iPhone OS. Add to that such releases such as, [MOD] [Language] Arabic/Farsi on nexus one. Should make the platform viable. But native support for the other languages may make the OS more preferable.

Also the support for other languages was being worked on for different ROM's. As far as much better and greater, I have my iPhone and my android based devices, I just will never agree with the iPhone being the greater device. Point taken though.

• 3g
    via Wordpress

Because I want proswitcher, and iprotect. Both of which I can't have on ios4

• 3g
    via Wordpress
  • unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Damn, what a nasty bunch of defensive idiots.

It's DATA. It informs opinion and analysis.

I routinely use Apple products (except for servers). But it's very possible my next "smart phone" will be android based. I get tired of having to fight Apple to make my devices work the way I want. Try tethering your ipad to your iphone. Whoops, you can't do it unless you've jailbroken it. Why it that? Not technically impossible, since I do it all the time. Not against my 3G data contract. Bits are bits. Apple just doesn't want you to do it. Hmmm, it sure looks like *I* own the devices. I think i can do what I want with them. With Android, I can. With IOS, i have to jailbreak it, first.)

• Commander76
    Commander76 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hmmm I had an iPhone 3gs and I upgraded to a 4g HTC Evo. While I had my iPhone I jailbroke it SSH'd tons of content and in general LOVED the phone it's OS and it's speed. My only gripe was it's poor camera and inability to send MMS messages, the later of which was fixed eventually. Still with all of that being said I've rooted my Evo, use it as a wifi access point for my iPad and LOVE it. The OS is definitely not as user friendly as an iPhone, but for a seasoned user it's fine. My phone is faster and smarter than my old phone and the Android marketplace is superior to the App store. Android has better free apps IMO. With Froyo bringing full flash and 4g speeds that hit 33mbs while I was watching Netflix on my iPad this phone absolutely owns. 33mbs is SICK for a phone! My broadband is only pulling 16-20mbs and I have Comcast!