iPhone 4 UK: Carrier Pricing And Tariff Plans Compared

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 UK: Carrier Pricing And Tariff Plans Compared

T-Mobile UK finally announced its pricing and tariff plans for Apple’s new iPhone 4, which has been available for more than 2 weeks. So it makes T-Mobile the last carrier to join the iPhone 4 party in the UK as O2, Vodafone, Orange, 3 Network and Tesco Mobile have already...

Read the full story here

Comments

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

just bought one on orange and have returned it promptly due to signal failure,paid £229 on a £30 18mnth contract...

• freddieboy217
    freddieboy217 Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I have one on Orange not due an update so bought it outright from Apple unlocked no problems cracking phone

• Tristan
    Tristan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Waited for T-Mobile hoping they'd be really good tariffs. Their reception is best around here.

Considered Tesco, but they're not much cheaper over the life of the phone (although they are over the life of the contract - if you compare ALL deals over 18 months then there isn't much in it).

So I went with O2. Same reception as Tesco, but with things like Visual Voicemail. I'd feel dirty having Tesco on my screen all the time, reminding me where I bought it...

Voda and Orange were ignored because of the poor reception around here. No antenna issues yet with mine either - a 100% perfectly working phone.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

T-Mobile rule around here too, at least the circles i move in.

Think i'll buy an un-locked one from Apple, and get T-Mobile to transfer my Solo monthly plan to a micro-sim and i'm laughing - assuming the phone functions as should.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

C'mon Dude.....Substandard phone on a 'dodgy at best' network??
    Tell you what mate....when you realize (after selling your Gs) the iP4 & Tmob work together like blackpowder in water ;-)... sell your iP4, buy a Dell Streak, & ill do you a trade back to a 3Gs lmao :-)
    Oh, yeah....we're back in Wales at last mate, finished with the sand monkeys for another 4 weeks, then back in force for a major offensive lol
    21 days of beach bumming for me, now where's me kites lmao

• Kelldav1000@aol.com
    via Wordpress

It don't show up tesco it shows up o2 lol c u in 12 months when you get ur new iPhone oh that's rite 18 or 24 pmsl

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Nah T-Mobile around here are the network of choice for getting regular 3G connection, I tried them all Tim, only O2 came close.

But re the iPhone 4 I'm not in a rush to get one, my 3.1.2 3Gs still kicks arse and I'm pleased with it for sure. My plan would be to get a '4' ONLY once Comex releases, and only then on the basis I could return it for a full refund if issues arisen.

I'm saying that becuase of the five I've tried, I've witnessed no issues at all mate.

Glad your back on friendly ground mucker, enjoy, chat soon

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Tesco 'is' O2. Its a piggyback network, plus Tesco are planning O2 booster masts on both their retail & warehousing sites & free wifi for customers in-store and cafe areas.
    Their also looking into using a 'form of iphone' amongst management

• Craig
    via Wordpress

So what's the crack with Tesco? Anyone rate them?..I heard that their customer services are lame and the 3g coverage is sketchy?

Going by your comments Tim they could be worth a punt?

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

I have just got an Iphone 3gs 32g on 3 network.Paid £29 for the handset (free upgrade to White 32g from a 16g). Paying £30 p/m, 500 mins, unlimited texs, unlimited 3 to 3, 1g bandwith(unlimited)...and happy with it......

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Good luck when the time comes to leave them. '3' must rank as having the worst customer retention team of any network, along with shite customer service.
    Google it and find out, I found out myself thru experience..
    Never again, '3' were a truely **** network as far as I'm concerned.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Think O2 mate.
    in-store boosting to make Tesco-net/O2 look good at point of sale, half mile away from the store and your back to usual area coverage
    (other half's an A.M. for Tesco, but she hates the iPhone(s) they currently deciding between iP4/3Gs or Nokia N900)
    If O2 aint great where you are mate, i'd avoid Tesco too.
    Personally, im going with 3, they're £15 1month rolling contract aint bad

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Think I'll stay put with good old T-Mobile then mate.
    Good luck with '3', got nothing good to say about those fkrs lol.

• Frizzz
    Frizzz Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

It's wonderful the new Iphone 4.Buy it!!!!

• Personal Injury Lawyer
    via Wordpress

Jeez mate thats not cheap....paid 229 and 30. I dont know how much it will be in AUS

• Car accident lawyers
    via Wordpress

I feel comfortable with 3..why 3 is not good?

• Craig
    via Wordpress

God the volume on ip4s is woeful compared to my 3gs.
    and the camera roll was bugged up on the one I tried just now in Orange.

Tim you're right.. the guy in there admitted they use signal boosters to ramp up the bars to max..

I think my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS is not leaving my grubby little mitts now, shame on me for even considering selling it for an ip4..

• melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress

I just love these contracts that claim "unlimited" (dictionary definition: without limits or bounds) when they blatantly aren't. (be it physically capped or subject to a fair useage policy. If I do eventually take the plunge and get the IP4 it'll be sim free/unlocked. Not to mention jail broken lol. Oh and the signal dropping issue fixed. Call me picky but at £500+ I'd be expecting the bloody thing to work regardless of how I choose to hold the damn thing.

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

Wrong. Mine shows up 'Tesco' and pisses me off

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

I stayed with O2,with a 12 month sinplicity tariff,which is enough for me,300 mins,unlimited txt,500Mb data,and unlimited WiFi,£15 per month,bought my phone outright,as I always do