iPhone 4 Press Conference Roundup: White iPhone 4 Availability, iPhone 4 Coming To 17 New Countries

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Press Conference Roundup: White iPhone 4 Availability, iPhone 4 Coming To 17 New Countries And More

Apple announced at today’s special iPhone 4 conference that it will offer a free iPhone case to all its iPhone 4 customers to address the antenna problem, which it believes also affects other smartphones. Steve Jobs also made announcements for users who are eagerly waiting for the white iPhone 4...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

so when will they actually go on sale if they ship out at the end of the month? want to get one asap as i have been waiting every since i first saw pics of it

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

what a tool. you should get a life

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

wow really this early in the thread already haters that sad is that what you do post negative comments your the tool. that was a valid question especially considering a lot of people have been waiting on the white one

• Veec
    Veec Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What about argentina?

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Your right, stupid haters. They need to get a life. The white looks like a great ladies phone, but exclusively

• tang cahyadi
    tang cahyadi Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

apple doesn'thave money for made / product white iphone 4 or black . They using customer money who preorder with AT&T / apple cause the customer paid all in the front then get iphone 2-3 weeks letter .

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Hey man. If the issues dont put u off, go for it.
    I'm still in two minds, think I'll hang out for a White one..may he a slight chance that it'll hav improvements?

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

What about it? Got thrashed by Germany in the world cup. And by England in the Falklands :)

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Then if that's the case, why can't they fix the antenna issue while on the process?

I mean now they 'know' there's an antenna issue...

• porkfat
    porkfat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how do I get my free case?

• Crapple
    Crapple Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

0.55% my ass! Why do you people keep beleiving this nonsense. Anyone with any common sense can see that Apple are lying as usual and doing their cover up.

The fact that this has a compnay the size of Apple so worried and nervous that it's CEO comes out of hiding to have a offical "excuse" conference just for 0.55% of the users, that's pure nonsense.

I saw on Foxnews that AT&T stores reported that it's affected over 41% of their iPhone 4 customers.

It's so bad that Apple stock has been diving downwards for the second week in row, and it took a big plunge today agaian and people are loosing millions on Apple stock.

It went up a fraction of a point when the update was released, bit i also wrote yesterday to wait until people have updated and see that they are being screwed again, then Apple stock will fall again.

Bottom line, a company the size of Apple does not go down like a broken submarine in the stockmarket if only 0.55% are affected!? Anyone one with common sense can smell bulls*it from a mile away, the question is, can you?

• Hair
    Hair Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What he omitted to say is if Apple will continue to sell phones with faults or ar they going to remedy the situ and make new hardware? Also what about all the 3G complaints now that ISO4 has made their phone so slow and crashy that its useless.

• Y_air
    Y_air Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Sure the percentage could be higher, but regarding the stocks..buy now! Those things will skyrocket again

• Jonas
    Jonas Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Iphone 4!!
    When are you coming to Indonesia?? Plenty of fans here.. :)

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

What?! Can you lot afford one over there?!

• JustBusiness
    JustBusiness Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If Apple wasn't so concerned about their stock and actually cared for their customers then they would have offered a real solution for the antenna issue although I didn't expect them to recall it. It is a fact that all phones lose signal when gripped a certain way but he should have admitted that the iPhone 4 is prone to such an issue since it's antenna is on the outside. But it's business first so they offer a convenient rubber band that only covers the antenna to remedy the so called non-issue. Iphones boasts the highest profit margins of any Apple product so why as a customer should you stand for the way they have handled this issue. They have had more than enough time to manufacture the iPhone since they only release one every year and considering the 3gs wasn't much of an upgrade then you can say they had more than a year. Why does it take three weeks to handle a non-issue and why hold a conference for a non-issue that affects less than 1% of users? It's really disappointing how they continue to handle all this. If they are confronted with what is a real problem than they would be forced to fix it and offer what can only be a better and greater product. But this is Apple and this prob the end of this. If there is nothing wrong with the design then we should all expect the same design next year as they and all of us customers know its a superior design.

• Touch 4G
    Touch 4G Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If they have stats from AT&T for dropped calls and returns then why didn't they show stats for complaints to AT&T. That would have been somewhat of a clearer picture. And I will just wait out for the next generation touch and upgrade to some other phone.

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

What Jobs said?!!! Must use the case provided free, in order to use the iphone 4?! It is like force you to wear condom whenever you want to have sex. How ridiculous!

I decide to keep my unlocked and jailbroken iphone 3GS, and wait for the new iphone 4a, which will solves all the hardware software design problems.

Genuine apple products at discount price! go to www.theAppleDeal.com

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

No way I'm buying not working phone As MC hammer said Can't touch this! I'll stick to 3GS it's still one of most advanced phones on market Maybe i'll get one for christmas if they Hardware-fix the issue

• iphine 4
    iphine 4 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey guyz i have a question:-

as steve said that free case regarding that i have a question it will given to usa users or in uk also?bcoz im gonna buy in uk iphone 4 the case will b included??

thanks

• iphone 4
    iphone 4 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

as steve said that free case regarding that i have a question it will given to usa users or in uk also?bcoz im gonna buy in uk iphone 4 the case will b included??

thanks

• iphone 4
    iphone 4 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

thanks

• Who
    Who Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

The stocks wouldnt go down so hard if people were actually buying already!

Its still too early to buy!

Wait till they start shipping out fixed iPhones and when the media is reporting in Apples favour again!

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

this is doubtful considering the countries it has already been released in especially the UK have next to no stock anyway, i would think apple wont stretch thin what little stock they can create by releasing it to a good few million more customers until there is more than enough in circulation.

and yes the cases are available in the UK and everywhere else i imagine, the case is actually a pretty good one as well with metal buttons for volume control etc, and i know what its like to smash an iphone to pieces so its welcome from me as long as its not bulky

• shadow
    shadow Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

to answer a few questions 1 the white iphone has been pushed back further towards the end of the year no word on an exact date word is the issue with the white phone is due to the paint seeing as the black iphone has had reception issue due to a poor attena desing seems like apple cant carry over the prev gens white paint aparrently its really diffulcult to get a paint translucent enough to creat a nice white color and still allow "good reception" other rumors report a change in the glass display that makes no sense to me however you can belive what rumors you hear but it has been pushed back and i doubt apple will fix this issue with the iphone 4 reason being that this whole problem occured due to the new iphones look its desing with the internal attenas the issue and most likely international customers will get the case but fyi apple picks the color for you all this said... ill stick with android =)

• VS
    VS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I just went to Apple Store yesterday to experience “Antennagate” firsthand. Result - there wan't any! I switched on 3G from WiFi and tried super-duper death grip and not even single bar dropped. But I didn't trust that alone and tried running Broadband Speed Test at the same time -- no problem whatsoever. So I think that Apple already silently fixed hardware of the new batch. They just don't want all defected phones returned for exchange if they admit that.

• Zack
    Zack Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Got my iphone 4g! :> the antenna problem is a little overblown. No doubt there is such a problem. But if it was a less popular product, the media and consumers would have paid such huge attention towards it. Give it a break. Either you pick up an iPhone 4g and love it. OR you can get an andriod and enjoy its function. No products/manufacturer will be 100% perfect. Be realistic!