Rumors: New iPhone 4s With Non-Conductive Antennas

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRumors: New iPhone 4s With Non-Conductive Antennas

Gizmodo reports that they’ve received a report from one of their reader who claims that he hasn’t observed the reception problem after Apple replaced his iPhone 4. Interestingly, he has observed that the hardware is slightly different from his previous iPhone 4 suggesting that Apple has made some changes to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

A teacheable moment for those "gotta be first" Iphone users who may now have to sell their devices for the 4s.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

wonder if the white ones will get pushed back evenm farther to make sure they dont have this problem

• B.S.
    B.S. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

no way they got the manufacturing changed this quickly! Liar! First!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

how can you tell which production week you phone is from?
    my SN# is 850238LKA4T

• Pew
    Pew Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I believe it's after 850. So yours would be week 23. I could be wrong though.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

4th and 5th digit of the serial number

• winkerwatson66@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

My iphone 4 week 27.
    Can have full signal on O2 (iPhone 4) and with grip of death lose signal in WEAK signal hotspot.(no 3G in area)

Stong signal area goes to NO Bars but still has O2 displayed, can recieve and make good calls with grip of death. data here can stream tvcatch up fine even with grip of death also. speedtest.net displays 1.2mb download and 1.5 upload.(3G area)

• mcorona
    mcorona Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

No, not really... it was released June 24th.

Apple has a 30 day return policy on the iPhone.

If anyone really wanted to they have 10 more days to return their iPhone 4.

• ej
    ej Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
  • Triver
    Triver Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

damn I hope there is a true fix coming out - I am waiting for the white one.

• zeiggim@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I have week 28 mfg, received our iPhones last Friday. I have NOT noticed a death grip everyone else has been experiencing. What I have been noticing is the prox sensor Fn' up. Holding the iPhone with my shoulder, at times its put on speaker and also enables the keypad and dials numbers.

Again, I can hold the iPhone in any fashion without loosing bars!

• crazy Man
    crazy Man Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

It's a good job I have returned mine. Now just need to wait a bit longer. Patience....it's killing me man. Woo Saah :-)

• Y_air
    Y_air Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I got my iphone today, one issue though, the flash and the camara timing aren't working. I take a picture with the flash but the iphone captures the image after the flash turned off, kinda sux :\ lets see if a restore will fix it :|

• Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress

my iphone4 had week 22 on it and i am experiencing reception issues without a case on it

• smash
    smash Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
  • sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Ii just swapped mine yesterday and I no longer have the proximity sensor issue and it's really hard to replicate the drip signal. In most places there are no drops anyhow.

• sahid
    via Wordpress

Also. My battery would last 4 hours max!! I use time. Even setting the phone as new phone restore. And this swapped one. I have 35% left and I'm already 4 hours 16 minutes of use time!!!!'n

• pjay
    pjay Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

i dont believe any of you... in the photos you can see that the stainless steel antenna looks different because it has zagg invisible shield put on i know that because i have it put on and it looks just like that and you cant test the antenna like that it has to be in a controlled invierment.

• KillerCheeze
    KillerCheeze Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Week 26 here, no issues at all so far. Cannot replicate the reception issue at all.

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I am week 25 an no death grip issues

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

damn i have that proximity sensor issue. can i just go in and tell them about this and they'll swap it out ?? i accidentally hit the mute button once during a phone call. the person on the other line thought i hung up and i could hear them "hello? hello? i think his phone cut out" hah.

• JNovello
    JNovello Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

They are different. I just got my replacement, which they send you before you send the broken one; and the proximatey sensor has a white ring around it when the old could not be seen. Also, the home button is very snug now. Almost like it's a different housing all together.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

I had no service, dropped calls -- even with a bumper. I returned the phone to Apple last week for a NEW phone. It seems to be fixed now.
    My production week is 25.
    But honestly I still like my 3GS better. Especially with the new software it works better than the 4 and has most of the same features. So I bought a Microsim Adapter so I can go back and forth between the 3GS and the 4 until this all gets resolved someday.

• sahid
    via Wordpress

I also noted that I'm now able to see the proximity sensor as described in the post. My 4th and 5th number on the serial is 27???? Does this min I got the correct reproduction???

• Stat77
    Stat77 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Was just wondering the same thing myself.

• tbei25@gmail.com
    tbei25@gmail.com Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

just got back from the apple store in minneatoka minnesota and told them that i was having a problem the antenna they told me to hold on for a update, they didnt even offer to replace the device.

• bucha
    bucha Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

mines is WEEK 25

no reception or signal issues
    I tried reproducing the "death grip" issue, but signal remained solid (even with sweaty palms)

no proximity sensor malfunctions or defective battery either
    (mines can last 2 and half day without charging)

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Mine is week 22 and I don't have this widely reported problem

• Chris Williams
    Chris Williams Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

86025 is what's on Mine WHICH indicates that Mine was in the 25th Week, BUT i also have a Case for mine so Signal issue ISN'T a problem for me and @ Home I just switch to Wi-Fi. I also use my Headsets AND Blue tooth for Chatting so I'm not having an Issue @ All with mine.BUT I wonder how Apple will Play this off. Will they let those whom have a Iphone that was manufactured B4 the 27th week bring theirs Back and get the Updated Versions OR..will they just let us get Free Bumpers for those who are Just Stuck with it.

• Mikechek
    Mikechek Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

So I have been wondering if everyone having issues are on the 16 gig iPhone 4. I received my 32 gig the day before launch and have had zero issues. I do not lose any signal when held in the "death grip" and proximity sensor works as normal. Just wondering if this is isolated to the 16 gig version.