iChatr - Chatroulette For iPhone Removed From The App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiChatr - Chatroulette For iPhone Removed From The App Store

iChatr, an iPhone app for iPhone 4 that enabled iPhone 4 users to video chat with other random iPhone 4 users from around the world was a smart idea as the developer had essentially brought Chatroulette, which has been generating a lot of buzz to the iPhone. But the smart...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

OMG is apple for real. Come on there's other apps that ppl do that all the time. Apple can't stop ppl from showing themselfs. I seen the facetime commerical. Ok some will use it for to see there family memebers but most will show off there bodies. Why u think sex is the number 1 searched Thing on web. Well every app I have that has to do with sharing pictures or video there's always sex involed. Ooh yes I have done it. Freak or no freak it's normal. Kids should not have this phone anyways from what u could search on the web when parents aren't around to video chat. It's a no no.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Couldn't you just back trace the people doing that? Or call the cyber police?

I'm kidding of course.

• Dannyyyyyyy
    Dannyyyyyyy Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

just have a report button like on photoswap and ban them. or if some guy is exposing himself, just start pointing and laughing at the camera to make him feel bad lol

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

What did these drooling zombie idiots people expect to see when they signed in to a craplication like this?

• Jorgie
    Jorgie Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

The difference between this and facetime is that when you use facetime you're talking to someone who already has your number and you know to some extent.

With this app meet random people, and at any given moment they can show themselves naked with out you knowing that was their original intent.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

but then consequences will never be the same...

• JimJam
    JimJam Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Craplication. haha. So true.

• CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

I'm willing to bet money that the complaints were not because it was hot co-eds exposing themselves, but from fat, balding perverts!!!

• clrj14
    clrj14 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

soo true! if it was some hot chick i wouldnt be complaining !

• Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Lol lol thts true. Lol

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

Hey..... I wanna know when eactly Comex is planning to release jb tool ,,,, now what they were saying has also been relesed ios 4.0.1

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

I know it doesn't have any relation with the topic but according to me it's more imp. Issue to talk about

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Yeah, but you could make a brain slushie, and it would all be fine

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

What is there to talk about? He just got back from vacation. Go follow his twitter @comex

• Iphone Applications
    via Wordpress

So does this mean it will get deleted off of my iPhone 4 next time I sync it?

• Enok
    Enok Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Lmao Pervy iPhone uses jacking off to eachother

• constantine
    constantine Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

we need some unlocking news for the iphone4 dude.help us out

• Stop jacking off
    Stop jacking off Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I started laughing at the offenders and showing a pair of tweezers! Seemed to work! I got the finger several times! What a bunch of looser fags

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

This app added new meaning to being a jerk off

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

For the people who already has this app- does it still
    Work???

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Yup. I still got it abs still see people masturbating. They should stop this useless app.

• theBankRobber
    theBankRobber Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

That's crazy, lol. I always see people asking on forums if they wanna video chat using fring. It's a great way to meet people, but there's a difference when you know the users name and info and can report them for problems. But they need something like that can keep people who are fucked in the head off these things. You can't stop them all, and kids will always be a Target. What a sad world we live in.

• LowPerformance
    LowPerformance Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Those 2 dudes snorting coke everyday last week in the hotel was pretty amusing

• buttfuck jesus
    buttfuck jesus Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

when u sync the iphone all it does is replicate the data u have on iTunes and ur idevice.

so as long as you still have iChatr in ur iTunes library itll be fine. all it means is u wont get to download the app anymore from the app store

• jjjjjoey
    jjjjjoey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yea, you can do that, but consequences will never be the same lol

• dees
    dees Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Where will I show my package of now!!!! Just kidding

• e1inc
    e1inc Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

the solution is simple and can be quite profitable for devs and apple.

1. have seperate channels
    one for the pervs and wankers that is 18+
    (ofcourse the whole age verif thingy would apply)

2. charge extra for these pervs to entering that channel

3. if one is caught exposing in a non-wanking channel simply have them banned indefinitely...

4. every one is happy and making money same time.

i know yall gona pick into this with all these what ifs... im sure yall can fill in blanks as needed. but you get the concept right?

so any **** actors? or **** investors interested? im sure there will be.

oh and just because the channel is rated 18+ doesnt necessarily mean that its strictly a nude chat channel, but in a sense of adult rated chat eg: cursing, talks of violence etc. by categorizing them as like a video game rating, it wont violate the whole no **** apps law that jobs gov has.

what yall think?
    just a thought. k im done smokin and sitting on this toilet my legs are cramping .... peace

• Mikandi Team
    Mikandi Team Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

We can't say that we were surprised by this either, unfortunately. Apple's made it clear that they don't treat their users like adults and aren't okay with "profane" content (unless, of course, you're creating it using their own technology, in which case it appears to be fine...). It's a pretty well established fact that ChatRoulette is full of risque user behavior and things that might be more appropriate for a solely adult audience. As the only app store for adults (www.mikandi.com), we at MiKandi are watching this with interest and hope that the iChatr app can be reconstituted in some form for the Android device - we'd love to have it in our store and are sure that our users will find it as interesting as the millions of web users who have. It's obvious from this comment stream that a lot of folks are interested in ChatRoulette and don't like being told how to live their lives - it's a shame that Apple doesn't understand this. For those of you who are really adventurous, be sure to check out some of our live chat apps - we recently announced a partnership with BabeChatLive, for example: http://www.blog.mikandi.com/2010/07/new-apps-sex-chat-live/

• MiKandi
    MiKandi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

We can't say that we were surprised by this either, unfortunately. It's a pretty well established fact that ChatRoulette is full of risque user behavior and things that might be more appropriate for a solely adult audience. As the only app store for adults, we at MiKandi are watching this with interest and hope that the iChatr app can be reconstituted in some form for the Android device - we'd love to have it in our store (www.mikandi.com) and are sure that our users will find it as interesting as the millions of web users who have.

Team MiKandi: www.mikandi.com