How To Make iPhone 3G On iOS 4 Faster

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Make iPhone 3G On iOS 4 Faster

While a vast majority of iPhone users are enjoying the new features and performance improvement in the latest iOS, some iPhone 3G users have reported that iOS 4 has slowed down their iPhone, which has forced some of them to downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3. It has also motivated someone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jeet 101
    Jeet 101 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Options

iphone 3g on ios4 is driving me crazy for this reason. With sbsettings installed, it gets worse due to memory and I had to get rid of it. Is it safe to go back to 3.1.3 from ios4 while preserving all the backups?

• DayvG
    DayvG Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options

You can downgrade with ease, but you will lose your back up as itunes won't let a ios 4 back up on 3.1.3.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Options

ok turned off the spotlight it doesnt seem to be moving that much more faster to me

• FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Options

I had to downgrade back to 3.1.3 because my 3G was running so slow. It is jailbroken but still runs much slower than it used to. I didn't "restore to new" though, might have something to do with it.

• DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Options

also check the below out, works i have used it on several iphones and have noticed a difference.

http://xaviesteve.com/disable-multitasking-in-ios4-no-jailbreaking-needed/

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Options

Please correct post: iPhone 3G on iOS4 vs. iphone 3G on 3.1.3 (not iOS4)! =)

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Options

good stuff, just as a heads up to IPHONE HACKS, have you heard of what happened on monday as far as jailbreak and unlock goes? it has been decided in court that it is ok to jailbreak and unlock your iphone. but it will still void the warranty. Dont know if you knew or not

• Jason Huber
    Jason Huber Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Your simple steps are missing Home Button:

Settings -> General -> Home Button -> Spotlight Search.

I disabled all but apps. We shall see.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

Thank you Jason. Was wondering what I was doing wrong.

• iPhonebarelykeepsup
    via Wordpress
    Options

Funnily enough mine didn't have the home button option, just Settings->General->Spotlight Search????

• mydan99
    mydan99 Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options

I did this a long time ago and even removed the launch daemon for spotlight search and it has made the phone incredibly more stable using iPhone 3G iOS4 JB with redsnow and all features enabled. I've installed SbSettings but i have noticed some times when it slows with sbs. but i find it faster than previous iOS's

• Digital product photography
    via Wordpress
    Options

The new IOS4 is draining current Iphone 3G and the 3GS.

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options

Thanks guys my phone is much more crisp. I also turned of location services for things I really don't need like the camera app. Because I don't have iPhoto.

• SkrOs
    SkrOs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options

Just go buy an iPhone 4...

• stan69b
    stan69b Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Options

disabling spotlight on iphone 4 doesn't change anything .... well nothing i can see . but i am sure it will drain less battery .

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Options

Slow performance, battery draining prematurely. Upgrade, Restore, Setup as new phone, Hard Resets, disable this, disable that etc etc etc

This is all beginning to sound like the plot of a very bad movie. These problems with Iphone and have been recurring time and time again now for several years. No soon as you have wasted weeks sorting them out, along comes another Firmare update and you are back to square one again with the same problems.

There are some fundamental design issues with the Iphone and its Upgrade/Restore process and its about time that Apple finally addressed this once and for all.

It should not be Rocket Science for a user to connect his Iphone to his or her computer, start Itunes, be prompted that there is a new Firmware Version, follow the steps and not end up with these bloody hassles everytime.

For christ sakes Apple... sort this bloody thing out once and for all.

I love the concept of the Iphone, but the last 2 years of owning a 3G has been one recurring problem after the other and makes the product next to useless for real time usage.

As it currently stands, after trying all the suggestions, I have a 3G that is as slow as a wet weekend and I am lucky if I get 12 hours battery life out of it.

• bunc
    bunc Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options

using this "hack" on my 3g for a while and I am very satisfied...like someone said it is running like on 3.1.3

• DamirL
    DamirL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Does a big difference on a iPhone 3G, and tap tap revenge 3 doesn't lag any more :))

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options

My 3G running on 4.0.1 is faster then the 3.1.3 in the video. I did a comparison test in sync with the guy doing all of those tests and in every single one, my phone loaded everything faster. When I jailbroke my phone with redsn0w, the only thing I enabled was Cydia. No MT, battery percentage, or background wallpapers. Also, I set up as a new phone rather then restore from backup. I just pulled my contacts from outlook. And lastly I turned off spotlight and location services. Hope this helps

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options

i mentioned this issue awhile back..i really hope this is a REAL SOLUTION to this issue..
    i wonder if we had enough people having this issue, someone can actually make a fix for this...aside from having to deselect spotlight features.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options

i mentioned this issue awhile back..i really hope this is a REAL SOLUTION to this issue..
    i wonder if we had enough people having this issue, someone can actually make a fix for this...aside from having to deselect spotlight features.

• iPhonebarelykeepsup
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wow, you really are stupid

• Abel Goddard
    Abel Goddard Posts: 71
    via Wordpress
    Options

I want to get rid of the search thing altogether - I think I've used it twice in the whole time it's been released.

• ANIL GOUD
    ANIL GOUD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i have unlocken my iphone 3g with latest redsnow and upgraded to ios 4. it has worked for one day and then it got strucked. the only apple symbol is only showing.then i have hard restore and continued the same process.But the result is same.So,please advice me what to do.
    Thanking you sir.
    From,
    Anil Goud
    INDIA.

• MiStO
    MiStO Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Off these Things When u Dun need them Openssh Spotlite location services Edge if u dun use bluetooth when not in use iam using 4.0.1 on m 3g n i tried these things now my 3g is better then before
    Try these may be Work For u to.
    use Apps without Advertisements if u use specially App like Bitesms Try These Things

• MiStO
    MiStO Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Anil Try Putting ur Iphone in Dfu mode n Restore it then jailbreak it wid redssnow 5 b 5 ..

• dementeny@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress
    Options

This really works!! I did this then restarted and it's back to normal! Thanks for the tip.

• PeterDOS
    PeterDOS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

at last, neat trick!! it's easy to do and works!

• Mohammad
    Mohammad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

you can make your 3g 4.0/4.0.1 faster by adding the pushfix from iphone modding through cydia . i tried it and its working fine on two 3g phones i had.