Unlocked iPhone 4 Coming To Canada For $659

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUnlocked iPhone 4 Coming To Canada For $659

Apple has been offering a factory unlocked iPhone for quite sometime and started offering factory unlocked iPhones in UK and France with the launch of iPhone 4. We had also learned that SIM-free, factory unlocked iPhones will also be offered to Canadian customers. Folks at Boy Genius Report point to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Roderick
    Roderick Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
  • Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

did this just randomly appear under the jailbreaking now legal post?

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

Is this including sales tax or are they also excluding that from published prices like in the U.S?

• AC
    AC Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

@ Dennis - sales tax not included in this price....

WOW, price of an iPhone is more then a PC laptop.....

This is crazy!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

In DK, they also start selling the Iphone unlocked, maybe they are planning to do it in every country ? :)

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Only too countries that do not have a deal with apple to only be exclusive in that country. Here in Canada, Rogers and Fido(owned by rogers). In December Bell and Telus got into the game. So there is not much of a point anymore so why not just unlock it to any carrier in Canada.
    So when ever AT&T loses its exclusivity apple will start selling unlocked phones to US Customers.

• Crazy
    Crazy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It really is. I paid just $40 more for my laptop.

• ke_phadam
    ke_phadam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I think apple plan to sell unlocked iphone 4 in canada and some other countries before legally jailbreak approved...

This price is kind of high but not really yet...let go to ebay and search for "factory unlocked iphone 3gs" to see how much it is...lol

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

this is too much buy a iphone on ebay $200 $300 jailbreak unlock it that's it

• ben
    via Wordpress

Am I missing something - this is a load of money up front but is actually quite cheap compared to the price in the UK. A 32GB iphone 4 is £600 which is $965 Canadian. How much would sales tax etc be on top of the $779? Also anyone know whether if bought in Canada, the Apple warranty would be valid in the UK?

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

I remember when I desperately wanted an iPhone I went to eBay to buy an unlocked 3Gs, and guess how much the lowest cost at the time? $900! and it wasn't even an iPhone 4, how despicable. They swear like it takes millions to produce one iPhone! and if it does I feel sorry for Apple for wasting their time and money!

• 68charger
    68charger Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

iPhone in UK is expensive compared to Canada. Why? they are not subsidised. Whether you buy outright from Apple and put your own SIM in or get it on contract a 32g unit will cost around £1100 over two years. The only advantage of getting it from Apple is that it is unlocked.

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Don't forget that you still need a cell phone plan. If you don't have a plan, then might as well sign up for x-years and pay less. It's a utility like water, but the water company doesn't subsidize my purchase of a new sink.

• ben
    via Wordpress

True. I kind of prefer the freedom of choosing the network and contract terms that you get with an unlocked phone (most likely will go T-mobile). Perhaps the reason it's cheaper in Canada is relative to the network subsidy. When I bought the 3GS the network subsidy was better than buying the handset outright - got a pay-and-go on O2 for £400 - then unlocked.

Now how to source a handset from Canada....

• bill murdock
    bill murdock Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

do you still have stock or can source iphone4 unlocked without sim ? or with sim ?

how do I contact you ?

please contact me at the email address provided...

• Samuel
    Samuel Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    I need to get an iphone4 32G urgently. Please give me a hint or incase you have any on sale.
  • nikki
    nikki Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    If you are looking to buy many or just one iphone 4 32gb factory unlocked brand new sealed in box, please contact me at saywhatwhat83@yahoo.com or visit my website nikkiandraliegh.moonfruit.comI sell for a much cheaper price than most factories and offer FREE SHIPPING TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
  • Ravneet Singh
    Ravneet Singh Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I have a iphone 4 that my friend brought from Canada. I am in India right now. And want to use it here with a local sim card . It is locked on Rogers (Canada provider). My iphone 4 iOS is 4.2.1 and the baseband is 03.10.01. Tell me what to do?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Its almost the same price in US, around $50 less
  • Fyataco
    Fyataco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have both Iphone 4 one unlocked which I paid an arm and a leg in France and one locked on the ATT network, I just wish I would have waited a fe months to buy it directly in the US its a lot cheaper
  • Brigid Petre
    Brigid Petre Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept