Apple Posts Videos Of Droid X And Nokia N97 Mini Antenna Performance And Their Weak Spots

2»

Comments

• Raine@gmail.com
    Raine@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What is funny is the people that come on here and comment when they don't even own an iphone, like my coworker who owns a droid , coming
    On sights like this and making comments sayin he owns a 3GS or iPhones 4 depending on his arguement, just so he can back up his own BS.. Lmao. Pretty sad. Cause my ip4 works every where at our job even. Where his fails ..

• Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

This issue has gone way too far! Everyone should know by now that when a person gets into direct contact with an antenna it creates interference. Typically if a device has good reception and you come in contact with the antenna it distorts the signal, and if you have bad reception, direct contact can sometimes make the reception better... at least that's what I've noticed with radios with external antennas and the good ole bunny ears for televisions. All it takes is a small barrier , a case, to keep from direct contact making the reception just fine. I have the iPhone 4 and have had no issues because I bought a rubber Incipio case while I purchased my iPhone. I'm actually kind of glad people have been crying about nothing because now I am going to get a free case just because of whiners. There is so much hype over such a small issue with an easy fix. So far the iPhone 4 has been worth every penny!

• Happy iphone owner!
    via Wordpress

So what do you do, jerk-off, run around with a paper clip just so you can bridge the gap. You and your baboon counterpart are morons! Do you own one of the phones? Bet not asshole! If you do, return it, get your money back and shut the **** up!

• irfan
    irfan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

apple have to slove the problem not to point fingers on other providers...losser do that...

• Roc
    Roc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I did have dropped calls when I held the iPhone 4 normally. Rather than blaming the antenna issue on a wildfire rumor, I see the opposite problem. Apple says that there were very few complaints. Well I, for one, did not bother complaining because the problem seemed so well known.

When Jobs announced that they would solve the problem with free bumpers, I thought that was at least a step in the right direction.

Today I found out that I would not get my free case for 5-8 weeks. That's ridiculous.

No matter how good a device the iPhone4 is, if it can't reliably make calls, it's not a good phone.

I returned my iPhone4 today.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

on the droid x theres suppose to be a 3g symbol next to the bars so where is it? that seems kind of fishy.

also they finally posted a 3gs on the apple site but they tested with 3 bars that drops to 1 but why not full bars like all the other phones? when i death grip my 3gs it it goes from 5 bars to 4. The only way i can drop 5 bars to 3 bars if i use both my hand and cover the whole back piece of the phone. so the design of the iphone 4 antenna is inferior to the 3gs. camera and resolution on the iphone is nice but not worth it over my jailbroken 3gs. I will wait until next year for the new iphone.

• nicacolo
    nicacolo Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

I feel sorry for all the broke losers out there either complaining or unsure about this great phone. I am lucky to have no issues whatsoever with signal,reception, or dropped calls. Not one dropped call! Haha that's incredible! Loving that retina screen too!

• Ctrev
    Ctrev Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

They prolly spent as much Money on this study as it would take to design a qik fix that they could have you take it to an apple store and train techs to replace the antenna. I am a little drunk so I hope that this doesn't make sense. Lol

• Ctrev
    Ctrev Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Ugh I mean does make sense

• Kepler
    Kepler Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

^^ completely agree with you on this one

• Traxx Trigga
    Traxx Trigga Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I feel like apple figured out how to cure cancer and everyone is complaining about the surgery scare. It's a great piece of technology.. But it has a flaw. Big deal.. Don't like it? Take it back... Or get the 3GS... Or put a case on it... I just feel like there's plenty of options..

• Toby777
    Toby777 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Apple's actions has never changed since the days of the Mac vs PC ads.

Those comercials were very childish and it seems with the saga of bringing other phone manufactuers for a fault on their own product, it's quite obvious that nothing much has changed in the way of Apple mentality.

Very unprofessional...

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I want to see a video of this issue on the iphone 3gs because i've gripped my every possible way and I lose no signal. I thought all phones have this weakness.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

But considering other phone companies were firing off similar "insults" to apple in the weeks prior to the press conference... ? Why is it that apple are slammed wheras the other companies are deemed to be clever, witty and superior?

• PebsUK
    PebsUK Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Why is everyone so quick to burn critics, I "own" an iPhone 4 which I purchased with hard earned money and it's got problems. I don't care if other phones have issues because I haven't got one of them. Apple have offered the money back but mobile companies aren't currently doing so, this is a total f%&k up on Apples part and there's no point in anyone pretending it isn't - iPad WiFi issues, iPhone 4 reception/sensor issues seems like a company rushing launches because their worrying about market share. Still I'm only a customer so what would I know?

• garoti
    garoti Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
  • Hi
    Hi Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Wow. I don't usually comment but you are just too ignorant. How old are you? Jerk off? Baboon? etc...? All phones have some attentuation but how much worse is it for iPhone 4 when the antenna is on the outside of the phone. If Apple had just made the bumper free in the first place this issue wouldn't be as big as it is. If you're argument is that you would be dumb not to put the iPhone in a case then what's the point of the design of the phone if it's just going to be covered. Some people don't use cases so why should they be forced to use one just so their phone can hold a signal? If you don't have any problems with your iPhone 4 then good for you but that doesn't make the issue non-existant. Why else would Consumer Reports go back on thier initial review and conclude that they can't recommend the phone? Why else would Apple feel the need to hold a conference and "educate" on thier website less than 1% of iPhone 4 users? If people don't point out Apples mistakes then how can you expect them to correct it and make a better product? They made a mistake and they should take responsibility instead of trying to redirect attention to other manufactures who long before them have been making phones. Don't you find It the bit least suspicious why they came out with the bumper or why they would delay the white iPhone 4 for so long? If you're going to comment on someone's opinion at least try and remain civilized. No need for cursing especially if you have nothing meaningful to say.