MobileMe iDisk App Music Streaming Feature - Could This Be A Step Towards A Cloud-Based iTunes?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMobileMe iDisk App Music Streaming Feature - Could This Be A Step Towards A Cloud-Based iTunes?

Last month, Apple released an update to their MobileMe iDisk app for iOS and among the newly introduced features was the application's ability to “play audio from your iDisk while using another app”. The new feature on the MobileMe iDisk iPhone app lets users to play music files in the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

what is this "cloud based itunes" i hear about...??

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

so, if i understand this correctly, "cloud-based itunes" could mean..virtually unlimited storage space to the currently limited-storage iDevices..yes?

sounds cool..how about quality of the streamed music?

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

so, if i understand this correctly, "cloud-based itunes" could mean..virtually unlimited storage space to the currently limited-storage iDevices..yes?

sounds cool..how about quality of the streamed music?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Would be a nice option to have the ability to stream your purchased content (if not already loaded on your device) BUT I want to see an iTunes update so that my iPhone/iPad can connect remotely and stream from my Mac, that way I don't have to have a MobileMe account and I don't have to remember to sync with this outside server

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Cloud Based iTunes would be nice only if there was a great network to handle it. When you don't have access to the Web, then the cloud is useless. If your network (AT&T) is having issues, you can't listen to your music.

I experience everyday on AT&T from 5:00pm PST to 5:15PST I can't stream any music from anywhere, my home, pandora, aol music, NPR, and etc. This issue is that the music pauses and has to buffer alot.