iPhone 4 Real World Testing Report

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Real World Testing Report

One of the surprising things about the iPhone 4 reception saga was that most of the our favorite tech journalists did not report the antenna issue when they reviewed iPhone 4. Walt Mossberg of Wall Street Journal was probably the only one who reported that iPhone 4’s performance in making...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress
  • Z
    via Wordpress

oh and, **** you first posters hahahahaha

• A Schleck
    A Schleck Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

honestly, after a month of usage, I never have antenna problem on my iphone 4. Occassional drop calls which I blame the shitty ATT network.

• SFDylan
    SFDylan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thank you Walt I totally agree...I live and work in a weak San Francisco ATT covrage area and my experience was horrible. So I returned it for a refund.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Got my iPhone 4 yesterday. The antenna bar drop can be reproduced 100% each time when I touch that edge. I will always use a case to shield my phone and hopefully I can live with it. Fingers crossed.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I'm Walt Mossberg...Shut Up!!

• Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress

Got mine on Day 1 and I still love it.

• Z
    via Wordpress

oh but i do definitely have the antenna problem, not that I really care

• Austin
    Austin Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

I returned mine...what do i have to loose. Wait until October 1. Steve will have a fix and you can buy the Iphone 4 V.2

• Ab
    Ab Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

..and one more thing - I'm back to my 3G after three weeks of Iphone 4. Hole-e sheet this thing sucks. I miss my 4!

• zaraki
    zaraki Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

my experience:

- got in line at 3am in the morning by the Apple store at the Grove, Los Angeles
    - finally got inside the Apple store and purchased my i4 by 2 pm afternoon
    till this day i have not observed any reception issues, prob just a couple dropped calls from the shitty ATT.

• iPhone 4 ROCKS !!!!!!!!
    via Wordpress

I love my iPhone 4 !!!!! This phone is fast , I love not waiting on pages to load !!!!
    I have had 0 problems with drop calls !!!! I'm a happy iPhone 4 owner ..... Can't wait to see what's next...

• clipseman
    clipseman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If you live in an AT&T fringe area, the iPhone 4 is not for you, I have a 3G iPhone which works fine in my low signal area, had gotten an iPhone 4 with bumper case but returned it as it could not hold as 3G signal and most call attempted by it were dropped, so I went back to my 3G and will wait till the iPhone 4 has a better antenna solution or one at least as good as the 3G.

• Raine
    Raine Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

My wife and in both purchased the phone on release day and it has performed flawlessly.. Blows my 3GS out of the water .. Even crazier when you use an N speed router.. AT&T isn't that great but our phones are amazing

• Sonny
    Sonny Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

call out is ok but 3G is fucking sucking slower than my original iphone 2G Edge. **** you steve jobs a man always trying to stop jailbreaking with new update. again **** you Steve jobs but now it is legal.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

holding out for the white model but if there delayed too long i will go to the black version and join the masses

• DandyG23
    DandyG23 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I live in a urban area where AT&T doesn't suck. I'm free and clear from tall buildings but if I'm close to a mountain than signal will drop. I haven't had any drop calls or attenna issues like some other people in certain parts of the world. My AT&T hasn't been a problem for me since I've been with them in '98.

• Y_air
    Y_air Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I think LA is one of the few cities that have the least issues with iPhone n att

• iPhone rocks
    iPhone rocks Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Great phone but come on good battery, no way!!!! 3days of usage at a minimum to consider it as having acceptable battery life, mine can't keep up with 1 full days moderate usage! Apple would do do well offering 2 models a thin and slim and a road warior that is not as big as adding a piggy back battery but that triples bat life ;)

Besides this it's a super phone

• Idiot Hunter
    Idiot Hunter Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

If you think AT&T network is bad,come to my city (Saint Louis,MO)and start using Tmobile....the worst 3G/EDGE signal,the fluctuations are so bad that emails gets stuck and all you see is SENDING....
    What really bother me is that nobody talks about the Google phone aka NEXUS ONE,that is bad,bad,bad signal...do some research or go to youtube.The reception is so bad sometimes that you have no service,my bed is by the windows and most of the time I had no service....that is a total joke Tmobile/Google....the say it is because the device performs better in strong 3G areas....ridiculous.

So next time you se somebody complaining about the iphone 4,think about the Nexus One.

• dannyyyyyyyyyyy
    dannyyyyyyyyyyy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i looooooooove my iphone 4. its they media that just hyped up all this drama. probably some iphone haters. iphone is always gonna be on the top, thats why everyone tries to find one lil thing wrong with it.

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

For those iphone 4 haters: there THREE ways to talk on your Iphone 4 without touching it. ONE: SPEAKER; TWO: BLUETOOTH; THREE: WIRED EARPIECES. Stop complaining!!!

• Seriously
    Seriously Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I just want to disagree with this Mossberg guy on how he said that the iPhone 4 performs worse than the 3G in the weaker areas. My AT&T coverage in my house is pretty weak, so when I had my 3GS, I always had to switch my 3G off and use the edge network just to make and receive calls....but with my iPhone 4, I never have to turn off my 3G and I am able to make and receive all my calls with no problem. I also get much fewer dropped calls than my 3GS. Well, this is just my own "real world testing" for you all.

• Jaylou180
    Jaylou180 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I had my iPhone from day one I have reception problem. I can go from 4 bars to none at anytime. But oddly enough I can still make phone call. So that's just it n

• Springfield-Isotopes
    via Wordpress

Live in the Wasington DC area and iPhone 4 works great here. No drop calls yet or any other issues. I even have trouble fully reproducing the antenna issue so never really have any signal issues - but for some odd reason during a recent power outage in my area, the AT&T signal did suck big time but now it's back to normal.

However, I did end up returning my iPhone 4 this week. I decided I wanted the 32gb model instead :). Being downgraded back to the 3G model totally sucks after being spoiled with the awesomness of the iPhone 4 for a couple of weeks :-/ ...

• Though i understand the test he made was his own real life test, i disagree on one thing he said and i quote
    "iphone 4 is the best smartphone in its class because of the following reasons: ultra high-resolution screen; easy, integrated video calling; slick software; strong battery life; a remarkably thin body; and a world-beating selection of 225,000 third-party apps" end of quote.
    Then he made another statement, quote again "But he has observed that iPhone 4 performs worse than iPhone 3GS in weak coverage areas"

First of for something to be the best it's defense has be very good because that is the fundamentals of any strong hold. iphone is a phone first and the rest so if its phone capability is not as good as my old Nokia 610, then i'm sorry you can not sell me on the note that it's the best smart phone in the market in its class.

By the way i am an iphone user and currently have 5 iphones to my name from 2G to 3GS but holding off the iphone 4 till issues are fixed after returning mine. I also live in the DC metro area with no reception issues.

• Though i understand the test he made was his own real life test, i disagree on one thing he said and i quote
    "iphone 4 is the best smartphone in its class because of the following reasons: ultra high-resolution screen; easy, integrated video calling; slick software; strong battery life; a remarkably thin body; and a world-beating selection of 225,000 third-party apps" end of quote.
    Then he made another statement, quote again "But he has observed that iPhone 4 performs worse than iPhone 3GS in weak coverage areas"

First of for something to be the best it's defense has be very good because that is the fundamentals of any strong hold. iphone is a phone first and the rest so if its phone capability is not as good as my old Nokia 610, then i'm sorry you can not sell me on the note that it's the best smart phone in the market in its class.

By the way i am an iphone user and currently have 5 iphones to my name from 2G to 3GS but holding off the iphone 4 till issues are fixed after returning mine. I also live in the DC metro area with no reception issues.

• Qihong Hubert
    Qihong Hubert Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hahasss... R u the sonny I know? I'm quite sure is u from the way u speak! Hahass... Yea JB is now legal!!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ive had NO antenna problem on o2 in UK i can hold my finger on it all day long and nothing :)
    battery is excellent!
    just desperatly waiting on a jalbreak for sbsettings and other apps !